Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend request problem

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I block friend requests?  I’m receiving friend requests though this is turned off in the app. Some of them are from members whose profiles are dubious. 

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Yes I found out the first time. I just block and delete now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a shame that this has been going on and FitBit is unable to satisfy this simple community standard.

It should be possible to not only ignore friend requests or block specific people - the most important option is to completely disable getting friend requests at all.

I want to use my fitbit device for myself only and keep getting spam requests that I am not able to block.

Best Answer

Firstly this is a very stupid answer and does not at all address the issue. Secondly, you need to provide a way to control adding friends. Such option must be available in privacy settings. Good luck everyone when bots are all over the place adding people to scam them for money. How can a company like fitbit run with so low quality is unbelievable 😡

Best Answer

I hadn't used my fitbit for ages, then all of a sudden last week I got a random friend request. I only have about 7 friends, ALL people I know personally. Then yesterday two more, and another today after I updated my account. Finding this thread is illuminating and disappointing. I searched on Twitter to see if they've addressed any complaints there, and here is a recent (June) reply: https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport/status/1269990279580315648?s=20

This is what they link to: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Turn-off-Friend-Requests-to-avoid-romantic-reque...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received a friend request and her picture is of her naked in the shower??? How did she get my details??

Best Answer

I received the same thing an hour ago 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

No
Turning off notifications is crap.

Not letting them even happen is the key.

Best Answer
0 Votes