Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a message on fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I delete some messages that some friends sent me on fitbit?  I would like to clear them all and start fresh?  Please Help...thanks

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

I’m also having the same issue and keep getting a notification about it. It’s really annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Frankly the inability to delete messages that some unknown person has sent me is really wrong. I don't want to wait 30 days because everyday I get a notification to go look and there is not a new message, just a bunch of spam message someone sent. By they way that person has been kicked off or quit so why do I have to settle for this. My only solution seems to be kick it to the curb and go with someone else's tracker.

Best Answer

Hi @Hlopez1367 and @nemesis58, nice to see that you're digging into the Fitbit Forums. @johnw11, let me give you a warm Welcome to our Community.

I greatly appreciate your feedback, it is always useful. I would like to know if you already tried by logging out of the Fitbit app and then logged back on.

Thank you for your understanding. Let me know if it works for you.

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes
Several times , this message every time I check my status on the challenge ‘s I am in drives me crazy.. thanks for the inquiry

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have logged out several times. The messages are spam and it’s most frustrating because I’m constantly getting the red symbol and it opens to the messages when it’s the notification that is new. I want these messages gone. We should not be forced to keep them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for coming back @nemesis58, and welcome to the Community forums @johnw11! I appreciate that you both tried logging out several times. I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work and that you feel frustrated. You can also try to clear them by deleting the app and downloading a new one, and then log back in.

Hope this helps. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried everything to get rid of the notifications. I have reset my Fitbit Flex 2, deleted the app shut down my IPad. I then restarted my IPad and downloaded the app again but all of the old notification are back. I have up to date firmware so I'm at a loss.
I would like to have the option in the app to delete notifications myself.... Unhappy flex2 owner. My wife has the same problem.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @MisterJAD! Sorry to hear that you an your wife are having also issues with the notifications not clearing out and that that makes you feel unhappy. Thanks for all the troubleshooting that you've done. and the details you've shared. Have you tried also logging out and logging in? Please note that the app will store the last 100 notifications received and will delete them each 30 days. 

Thanks for proposing the option to erase these notifications your self from the app. I suggest you to vote  on this similar idea on our Feature Suggestion Forum, so our development team can take it in account. 

Please let me know if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My message been there for 39 days and no sign of deleting or dropping off !! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @suzie15 ! I'm sorry to hear that your message has been there for 39 days and no sign of deleting. I appreciate the details provided. Have you tried the steps suggested on my previous post? I hope they help.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all the steps and contacted Fitbit customer service and they say the messages cannot be deleted !! This seems very strange and not at all convenient !

Susan
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @suzie15 ! Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know that you have already tried the steps suggested. Please note that as I said before the messages delete themselves after 30 days, the troubleshooting has been useful for some of the users that have messages longer than that time. Since you contacted customer support, I will advice to contact them again if you have any doubts about their resolution. 

If you need anything else, I will be around! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

The messages did finally disappear. I can’t say exactly how many days but they’ve been gone for me at least a week. It seems to be a test of patience that I learned from.

All the best

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @johnw11! I apologize for the delayed response and am glad to hear that your messages disappeared. 

Please keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine still not deleting !

Susan
Best Answer
0 Votes

If that’s true, why do I still have messages from over 100 days ago?  Will there ever be a time when we can delete them?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why can’t we delete information from 3 years ago. I had to turn off my notifications because of this

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
That stinks. I don't understand why Fitbit won't allow us to delete the messages. It's a little frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Remove the app from your device and reinstall. 

Best Answer
0 Votes