Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Flex 2 Discontinued?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just tried to order the Flex 2 off the fitbit website for our company wellness program, but it has been taken off the website. Does anyone know if it has been discontinued? 

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100

Interested to see what the outcome is for this.

let’s hope it’s a flex3, but I won’t hold my breath.

Best Answer

Really disappointed if they’ve stopped selling the Flex2.

let’s hope there is a Flex3 and they have listened to their customers.  

I won’t be buying any of the other Fitbit’s I’m afraid if there isn’t a F3 in the pipeline.

I don’t need another watch! 

Lets see see when they answer you and hopefully with not a generic reply!

EDIT: I’ve contacted Fitbit UK on Twitter and I’ve also contacted Des Power, MD of Fitbit Europe, who has the Flex2 as his background picture on Twitter.  No reply from either of them yet. 

Best Answer
According to the email I got regarding my order for the free replacement,
it said Flex 2. I didn't know if they still had them in stock and the
representative said they would send whatever they had in the warehouse. So
we will see in a few days
Best Answer
0 Votes
The email regarding the shipping and tracking says Replacement Flex 2 in
universal packaging..Don't know what that means
Best Answer
Didn't know there was a Flex 3
Best Answer

There isn’t a Flex3 as far as I’m aware.  But as they’ve discontinued the 2, I’m hoping that they are bringing out a 3.  Fingers crossed 🤞 

Best Answer

OK, we're waiting with baited breath. What did you get as a replacement???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate the time that each of you took to share your experiences and feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I totally understand how you are feeling, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools. As a result, we no longer sell Flex 2, but we encourage you to take a look at our latest models to find a device that’s right for you. Take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Even if a product is not available on fitbit.com, we may still be supporting warranty replacements for these devices if we have current inventory.

Regarding your concern about a new tracker, we are constantly working on new devices to help people live healthier lives. While we don’t have news to share at this time, I appreciate your interest in Fitbit products. 

@SuzanNL many of our international customers have ordered Fitbit products from Amazon if you would like to check with this retailer. 

@TLA1 I am glad to hear you're getting a replacement tracker. Replacement Flex 2 in universal packaging means that you'll receive a replacement tracker, but the accessories might not be included. 

@Sweet_Cheeks I am glad to hear you love your Fitbit Charge 3 tracker! 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I ended up having to get a replacement charger as well. And the only reason I went with Flex 2 was because it was the only one I could afford. Can't afford the others 

Best Answer

I purchased an extra Fitbit Flex 2 earlier this year. The question is how long will these be supported and why is all of your new so called replacements a freaking watch? I swim laps and I need something waterproof to track distance - not tell me what time it is. The Flex 2 was nice, slim and affordable. I can swim with it and don't even know it is on my wrist. The only thing I see close to it is the Inspire and it looks more like watch..Ever hear the saying "if it aint broke, don't fix it."

Best Answer
Amen! Love my Flex 2. Nothing remotely like it on the market now.
Discontinuing it was a Fitbit FAIL!
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

It's nice to see you around @TLA1 @bigragu @Glensgal

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals. While we introduce new products and make changes to our product line, we continue support Fitbit Flex 2. You can swim or shower with certain Fitbit devices. For more information, see Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device?

I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But as the majority of the posters are saying, WE DON’T WANT A watchface.  That’s why we like Flex 2.

You’ve definitely lost me as a customer if there isn’t a replacement for the Flex (without a watchface) in the future.

I asked Des Power,  MD, Fitbit international, on Twitter on what would be replacing Flex2.

conversation, as copied and pasted below.

ME: 

What’s replacing the Flex 2 please?

DP:

Inspire would be the closest...

ME:

Thank you for your reply.  I don’t want a tracker with a face, that’s why I love the Flex (both 1 & 2). Is there a Flex3 in the pipeline?  I’ve asked the question on the forums, no answers yet.  So many people love the Flex for its simplicity.

DP:

Thanks for the useful feedback. Nothing shareable at the moment. 

Such a shame, that they are not listening to their loyal customers 😟

Best Answer

Especially the android customers.  As it shows with the new app update 

Best Answer

No watch face needed. I own watches. What I like and want to be able to continue to use is something discreet, that I can wear all the time. I don't know something like a black bracelet. 

Best Answer

My feelings exactly!  I already have a watch...I like the flex 2 because it’s simple and discreet 

Best Answer

I have been wearing a Fitbit since 2014, and I absolutely LOVE the Flex 2. It was a big improvement over the original Flex, and I have no interest in any of the other models. I love the simplicity of it, and the fact it's waterproof. I'm glad to see the Versa 2 will be waterproof is someone wants a smartwatch, but I want a fitness tracker--and ONLY a fitness tracker. This is a huge loss to the Fitbit community. I hope mine lasts a very long time.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. I am sorry for the delayed reply.  

I am glad to hear you like the Flex 2 tracker, I totally understand how you are feeling. Your feedback has been forwarded to our team and we appreciate your thoughts and comments. This helps us to keep improving our products and services.

You can take a look at our latest models on http://www.fitbit.com/compare

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a smart move as all your other ones are pretty much watches or very similar. 

I wear my Fitbit flex 2 with a watch, flex 2 is simplistic and has the ability to be seen as a band over a tracker.

sometimes people prefer simplicity.

i don’t want a tech watch, prefer rotating through my collection of watches as and when I want.

maybe consider not discontinuing the flex and creating a flex 3 with what it has the ability to handle.

Best Answer

FYI I never post in forums ha, only came across this post because I was looking to buy new scales was going to get Fitbit scales to go with my flex but doubt I will now..

I’m now considering looking for another fitness tracker brand 😂

I’ll give it till the end of the year, hopefully you’ll reinstate flex.

Think of it this way..

Wear a watch I invested thousands of ££ in? Or get a tech watch? 

Mmm... 

#Bringbackflex

Best Answer