Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My flex isn’t syncing correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My flex isn’t syncing correctly. My Fitbit on my phone shows up as .... can’t find device . I’ve shut off my phone, update settings , turned Bluetooth both off and then back on  AND trued to live chat and conventionally the chat list connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi, I had the same problem yesterday but I got it to work today. Use a paper clip and press the little hole on the back of the charger for 3 seconds. Do it 3 times and see if it works.. good luck. 

Best Answer

This happened to me too no matter what I tried it wouldn’t sync I’ve had to reinstall and now have lost ALL of yesterday’s steps 😢😡😡

Best Answer

I can’t see a hole in back of charger (and yes I’ve got my glasses on!) my flex isn’t syncing either 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Neither can I!! Wat do I do please?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all that. Reinstalled the app. Now, the entire step icon is GONE from the dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To all who are having trouble with the paperclip solution, it does work. At least it did for me. The problem is the terminology: it's not the *charger* that has the hole for the paperclip; it's the dongle (that is, the cord that your fitbit slots into that plugs into the usb charger on the other end). If you turn it over, you should see a tiny little hole on the back side of the end where the fitbit fits in.  First, make sure the fitbit has a decent charge. Then:
1. Turn off the fitbit app on your phone or tablet.
2. Plug everything into the charger as if you were charging it, and insert the fitbit.
3. Grab a paper clip and insert it into the hole in the back, pressing until it makes contact.

4. Hold the pressure for 3-4 sec, then release.

5. Open the app again. If all went well, your steps should update.

And am I the only one reminded of the paperclip restarts of our laptops 25 years ago? Sorta made me nostalgic....

Best Answer

Hi Rob -- if you're still looking, I just posted slightly more detailed instructions above. Hope it helps! 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have tried this. It works for a few minutes, then quits working. You have to do it again with the charger and paper clip to reset. We shouldn’t have to keep resetting. Something is wrong within Fitbit especially if we are all having to do this.

Best Answer

Thankyou, spent ages trying to find 'the hole'.  I followed your instructions and now my flex is back syncing 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have examined my fit bit and the charger and am not finding anywhere that I would actually stick the paper clip in. Am I correct that it's not in the Fitbit itself but rather the charger piece?  I feel like an idiot searching for it and not finding anything.  I've even had my teens help me w/o success. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My step icon vanished too.  I have "stairs" but no steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 13.7 IOS software. Turn off Bluetooth on FitBit in Settings. Then place tracker in charger. You’ll see reset hole on charger. Use paper clip & press 3 seconds three times. 
Turn Bluetooth back on.

Finally after trying for 2.5 weeks different suggestions. This one works! 👍😀

Didn’t uninstall time avoid lost data. Good luck 

Best Answer

Thank you, this worked for me also.  dlc8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I did sync my fitbit flex but I lost my steps for the day. I have to say, prior to reading this board I had contacted fitbit 3 times and all they did was ask if I had updated my fitbit app and/or my mobile phone. I did do an overkill though, got my flex to charge of my PC while adding the "wiget" to sync the flex to the PC AND open up the fitbit app. The lights went dark all of the sudden and then it said it had synced the device. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  cant  either  any  luck??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  see     no  hole....  wait  i  do  now....    let  me  see  it  it  works...  it  keeps  tracks  of  steps  but  does  not  sync  i  tried  to      redo  it  like  i  am  setting  up   a  new  fitbit  and  nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes