Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My steps are not syncing correctly with challenges

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my steps in the work week challenge are not registering correctly. It seems to be caught by 2/3rds. The single day challenges reflect the same number of steps as the dashboard. This is getting frustrating as I look my of a loser than in just weight 😭 help!

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
I am sick of it. Ive disabled it from my weight watchers and am leaving fitbit after 5 years. I was on phone to someone for over an hour and half and it still didn’t work. Ive ordered another fitbit watch not a fitbit one and hopefully that will be better. Ive lost my patience after trying for weeks.

June - Ashroad
Best Answer

My Fitbit tracker is updated in the app with my 16,000 percent lus steps but the challenge is not updating my steps....it’s stacked at one figure for hours 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No! Everyone in same time zone. This is ridiculous. 

Best Answer

Ok, ok. So I get the timezone thing etc, but my steps were synced even in the other participants timezones...this confuses me. I reached my goal before the others and I synced my fitbit with the app and everything, but it is as if I was frozen in time with the steps the challenge took. NOT COOOL

Best Answer

How do I correct my steps? After my walk, my steps popped up then when my Versa synced, they were lower by almost 1/2. Anyone experience this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is very common and the support board gives you a fix that doesn't work and calls the problem resolved and moves on... in the meantime, there is no solution.

Best Answer
If you have multi apps loading steps to your Fitbit app, versa will
overwrite their input if it’s the same exact time you have multi entries
for that min or so...., eg...if you have 1 or more apps loading steps via
your phone’s movement between 12:15 and 1:15pm....and versa has a complete
log of that time period....versa will overwrite those entries and input
versa logged steps for similar time entries to avoid multi entries for the
same exact time intervals. Also for some challenges your heart rate has to
be measured thoroughout the workout to assure the steps are legit....it
always best to start a work out on your versa each time you are working out
and set you versa to sync automatically as you are working out.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but again, none of this applies. The FitBit logs the steps just fine and then the # of steps transferred over to the challenge are cut in half or one third. I finally just quit the challenges and when this FitBit dies, I'll be switching brands.  I only kept the FitBit because I could network with friends. Without that feature, there's no reason to stay with it.

Best Answer

Hi,

I am having the same issue.

I do not manually log any steps.

I do not use any third party apps to log my exercise.

All of my competitors are in the same time zone.

I have deleted and re-downloaded the Fitbit App

My current challenge only reads 44K steps when I should have closer to 55K

Can you please help? 

Thank you,

Michele

Best Answer
0 Votes
Michelle, there wasn’t much Fitbit would do. I would call in, sometimes someone could get it to sync, but not always. I have a (had a ) Charge 3 and one time my phone updated and then it wouldn’t sync at all. They said they would send a letter to some one. Never heard back. So I called, someone was able to get it to work and then, the lighting went out on it and I could not read a thing. They said they would give me 25% off on a new device. Not good enough, it was only 1 1/2 years old. I bought an Apple Watch. A real bummer not being able to challenge, but I’ve had no problems. Sad tho, I liked the Fitbit, but I thought they would stand behind their stuff better. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have noticed if I wear tightly against skin, it registers more
accurately. But, when I do that, my skin gets irritated!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have started spraying sanitizer on the inside of my fit bit band and the skin irritation went away.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know that you have probably moved on since 2015, but I am wearing the Fitbit Versa and was using the Fitbit application but was having the same issue. My steps were showing over 5k for the week on a Wednesday after hitting my goal of 10k on the same day. The dashboard was logging my steps and it was showing synched. The weekly challenge displayed in the comments that I hit my goal, but it was not showing numerically. I logged out and back into the app and unpaired and paired the watch again. It did not work. I never manually log any of my exercises - I let the watch do it since that is why I bought it (lol). After looking at other stats, I noticed two days ago it stopped tracking my heart rate and sleep but was still counting my steps. My battery, too, was fully charged. I took off the watch and noticed that the green strobing light that is usually on (where the watch connects with the skin) is no longer flashing. The display still works perfectly. I will contact Fitbit to see if this falls under the extended warranty, but this might be the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your thoughtful reply! I hope your issue is resolved quickly!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Flexdebtx did you ever get an answer?  My steps are also not syncing in the challenges.  So unmotivating Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dashboard is updating but custom

challenge is not syncing appropriately and counting only random amount of steps. All members are in the same time zone, I set it up, I’ve logged out and in of the app, I charged my Fitbit to 100%, I’ve synced on the dashboard on multiple occasions. Can you please help asap 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will be honest with you, this explanation doesn't help anything. Your instructions are vague at best. This is a frustrating situation that everyone is dealing with and you should be able to provide a clear answer with competent instructions on how to fix it. As you see you only got one vote to accompany your solution. I would advise providing a clearer explanation of how to fix this issue. Logging in and logging out doesn't fix the issue. I deleted the app and reinstalled it and I still have the same issue. I feel like you are blowing these users off because I have yet to see a valid solution to the problem. If you can't figure it out please find someone above your paygrade to provide a solution. This is an extremely frustrating situation to be dealing with and it is Fitbits responsibility to provide its customers with real solutions.

Best Answer

But why do those steps not count? Steps are steps, if you make them by doing things at home or during sports or walking training...they are all steps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Over 5 years later & Fitbit still hasn’t fixed this issue! Happy I just bought an Apple Watch! 

Best Answer