Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My steps are not syncing correctly with challenges

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my steps in the work week challenge are not registering correctly. It seems to be caught by 2/3rds. The single day challenges reflect the same number of steps as the dashboard. This is getting frustrating as I look my of a loser than in just weight 😭 help!

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

I've participated in the Workweek Hustle for the first time in a long time.  I have a Charge 4 & noticed that my steps are not syncing over to the challenge correctly.  The dashboard shows my steps correctly (matches what is on my Fitbit) but it's not pulling all my steps over correctly.  Monday I had 10,040 steps & Tuesday 10,488 steps & already today I'm at 3,733 steps (a total of 24,261 steps) but the challenge is only showing 14,507 steps, that's a difference of 9,754 steps.  It shouldn't matter what time zone you're in, if you're using other apps or manually entering your workout.  The challenges should pull from what's shown in the dashboard.

Best Answer

I bought a new one and the same thing so I returned .  This has been an issue for years with no answer.  Any answers from your end?  I bought Apple watch  so disappointed in FITBIT

Best Answer
0 Votes

Years later and this issue still persists.  My steps in the challenges is actually going backwards.  Started off ok and then it decreased to 0 then went up 38 and then back to 0.

Best Answer

Actually no this doesn't help cuz it doesn't tell us how to fix the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria

My fitbit is syncing my steps to the app on my android phone and the website dashboard but my steps in challenges are 300-400 less than they should be. I am not using any third party app and I'm not logging my steps manually. Can I resolve this issue? Everyone in the challenge is in the UK so no timezone issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

So how do you fix the issue? I am not using any additional apps or manual logging. I am using only mty fitbit to track steps, but on the challenges it does not say the correct number. For example today I have done 4000 steps, but the challenge only says 2000.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue on a few different occassions with less steps showing in the challenges than in my Dashboard. I can confirm that:

1. Yes, shows connected.

2. I am not manually logging steps.

3. I am not using the Mobile Run feature.

4. I am not in a different time zone

5. Battery is full.

Issue happens with both Flex 2 and on different occassions with Mobile Track so it isnt a device problem....

Best Answer
0 Votes