Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My steps are not syncing correctly with challenges

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my steps in the work week challenge are not registering correctly. It seems to be caught by 2/3rds. The single day challenges reflect the same number of steps as the dashboard. This is getting frustrating as I look my of a loser than in just weight 😭 help!

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

@Karen65  Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Thank you for your inquiry. Manual logging means that you manually enter the activity on your account via the website or the app. For instructions on how to do this please check this article.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I didn't use mobile run however my steps aren't showing up on my challange. They are syncing however to my fitbit dashboard. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, today using my Charge 3 tracker the tracker and the dashboard say I have completed 11,727 steps thus far today.  It didn't use any mobile logging or mobile run.  Just Fitbit in my pocket.  My workweek hustle says I have a measly 6,208 steps.  All participants including the person who invited me are in the same time zone.  Had a similar issue yesterday.  In reading these forums, it seems this is an ongoing issue.  Is there a solution?  If there isn't I'm taking this thing back and going full time with my Garmin watch.  I bought the Fitbit to compete with my co-workers.  If I can't do this, what's the point.....

Best Answer

I should add that on the Workweek Hustle Message board, it recognized that my step goal was no match earlier this afternoon when I went by 10,000 steps.

Best Answer
I had the same issue and solved it by turning off my phone and restarting. You may be able to just restart the fitbit app to accomplish the same thing.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had the same problem. I was told to NOT close the app on my phone. It seemed to help, I only lost 1,000 steps, more or less, verses 4,000 steps. It is frustrating, and when in completion every step counts.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is really frustrating is that FitBit has received plenty of feedback around this problem based on my perusal of the boards and hasn't resolved it for literally years.  Going to return mine.  Been a client since 2012.....no more.  

Best Answer

Mines will only sync two out of five challenges. I tried using a different device, snycing, and turning phone off but nothing works

Best Answer

You keep providing the same answer but clearly those problems aren’t causing the issue since so many of us continue to experience the problem.

Best Answer

Today is the first time that my friends and I are having problems with the daily showdown. We all live within a few miles from each other. It started out fine this morning and I decided to check to see who was ahead and noticed even though the dash board matched with my numbers on my Fitbit, the number on the daily challenge still had the morning number. So I texted my friends and they said their daily show down is not working either. Any suggestions ?

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has stopped syncing challenges too

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reported this issue "numerous" times.  As of yet, there are no solutions. I too, am in the same time zone, do not use a third party app and have not added any steps manually. This week my challenge says 29000 steps, yet my tracker says 39000. Many times the gap is much greater. I gave up. I wish they would just admit it is a system bug, and keep responding with a "bot" answer. 

Best Answer
So frustrating! I did give up and stop doing challenges altogether
Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually figured it out. You have to close the app completely in the background and restart it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you but how do you close it in the background?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey, I literally had to:
1. Unlink my fitbit
2. Reset my fitbit
3. Uninstall the app from my phone
4. Re-download and install the app on my phone
5. Go through the setup process all over again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I stopped the Fitbit challenge and just use my Fitbit for my alarm and
time. I use my iPhone for my steps now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This response isn’t helpful. I don’t manually track my steps I always only use my Fitbit Ionic or Flex. For example, yesterday and today days totals are

Monday 7166 and So far Tuesday(Today) is 541. My Total in Workweek Hustle is 4006. Why? Please fix this. I use my Fitbit Challenges to motivate me. If I can’t get honest data then I may go elsewhere for a tracker.

Best Answer
Looks like I won’t be asking for the newest Fitbit...this Christmas.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm having this issue also,

1. My steps are syncing with your database

2. I am not manually logging my steps

3. I'm not using any external apps

4. everyone on the challenge is in the same time zone

5. my battery is full

I can't send messages to others in the group, its logged my steps in the challenge until 8:17 this morning

(NB: I should be second)

Best Answer