Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My steps are not syncing correctly with challenges

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my steps in the work week challenge are not registering correctly. It seems to be caught by 2/3rds. The single day challenges reflect the same number of steps as the dashboard. This is getting frustrating as I look my of a loser than in just weight 😭 help!

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226
You are a doll. Thanks.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Austinferg,

So I checked and all of mine are off (re: Do not disturb). However there is a 10,000 step difference in some of my races which started at the same time. I didnt GPS anything either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bankman1989 wrote:

Hey Austinferg,

So I checked and all of mine are off (re: Do not disturb). However there is a 10,000 step difference in some of my races which started at the same time. I didnt GPS anything either. 

I wish I could help you. I just know what worked for mine.

The other thing I have noticed was starting challenges with people in other time zones sometimes made it look like they didn't match up because the start and end times were affected by the time difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went for a 2.83 mile walk and only a portion of it showed up. I saw the steps logged via my fitbit - why didn't the complete amount show? Kinda makes me not interested in challenges.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit flex does not record challenges correctly unless I initiate it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m frustrated by all the canned responses. At what point, will Fitbit realize this is a software issue? After 12 months, 3 years, or does it take 20,000 complaints first? 

——

Maria, just to be clear. I am experiencing the same issues (specifically, I did a workeeek challenge this week, and NONE of my steps for the week were counted!).

AND to address all of your reasons: 

1. Yes, I am connected.
2. I am not manually logging steps.
3. I am not using the Mobile Run feature.
4. I am not in a different time zone. 
5. Yes, the battery is full.

So, is this still a “user issue” or can this be escalated to it to correct the internal software issue? 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

My Fitbit charger 2 is syncing daily but just not in most recent goal day challenge. What to do? Turned phone off and restarted. Got out of app and went back in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you wear your Fitbit on your arm? When you walk on the treadmill, do you move your arms? If not, it might not register your steps correctly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t use mobile run or a third party app and yet you still can’t tell me why I should have had 90.000 steps for the work week challenge and it only registered 54,000 that’s no right I will not be using this Fitbit if this is what it’s going to do I will be using my Iwatch as there is no point in partisapating in challenges if it’s not going to count the right steps. 

Best Answer

Fitbit only recorded 51,000 of the 87,000 steps I logged in this weeks challenge and declared someone else the winner.  How do I get the actual steps to record in the challenge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Chefshamy! Thanks for sharing your experience with the Challenge feature. Here some possible reasons for this: 

• You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges.
  • You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
  • All challenge participants are not in the same time zone.
  • You didn't sync 12 hours after your challenge ended. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I joined a challenge today and it is 2019 below my dashboard on Fitbit Flex.  I am on the same time zone as the participants, I do not log activity from another tracker, I do not do connected.  I have tried restarting phone, logging out and into fitbit app, and restarting fitbit.

Any other suggestions to get the Challenge to show the same as my dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s 2018 and this has been an issue for three years now, when will it be addressed? They claim it as solved but that’s not the case. None of the above mentioned reasons apply to me and yet joining weekly challenges with my friends is pointless when only a few thousand steps in an entire week transfer over. It’s extremely disheartening and defeats the purpose of friendly competition to push you harder. 

Best Answer
I gave up on FitBit and switched to a Garmin.
Best Answer

I marked this issue as resolved as I resolved it myself. I had to perform the following steps:

1. remove the device from my phone.

2. Remove the app from my phone.

3. reset my Fitbit with a paper clip

4. Re-download the app and install, sign in.

5. Re-add the device to my app.

6. Sync with the app.

And after all that it started working and synced my steps very well going forward with no further issue.

Best Answer

Hi there everyone! Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

@ebritt @tgullage @TanyaE81, have you been able to follow @Dannychesterman suggestions to see if that helps?

Try that out and let us know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this is poor, if your walking and in a challenge what fitbit are saying is our product only works with some of our features?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is when I am in a challenge my steps from Monday and Tuesday do not match what the challenge total for should be for 2 days. 12,655 + 11,472 = 22,020  I don’t think that is correct math. Can these be fixed? I am I little disappointed in the 3, maybe I should have gotten the 2. ( My husband has no problem with his Garmin.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. I fixed it by changing the configuration of my mobile telephone. I set it to not automatically change to the time zone I am in. This all though all my friends arr in the same time zone. Before I changed it every day the steps in my challenge didn’t add up to the ones in my dashboard. But since than every sync is correct. I hope it helps for you as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is manual logging? 

Best Answer