Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red circle with exclamation point in it when trying to sync.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am unable to sync my flex to my Samsung android.  I will reconnect it and it might work for awhile then I start to get a red circle with an exclimation symbol in it and my flex won't sync.  What does the red circle/exclimation mean and how do I fix this problem... I am tired of resetting like it is a new fitbit every couple of weeks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

That circle means that the sync was, for some reason, unsuccessful.  It may have something to do with the tracker, or it may be something else entirely.  Sometimes the servers are just busy, so just be patient and try again later.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing this at the moment and tells me to "undo any apps" I don't have any apps!! xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DramaQueenDivaI have always believed our issues are server related when we cant sync like you suggest.. but that goes unanswered anywhere.in the Forums...

One of my very recent Support replies advised that the red dot exclamation mark meant we need to do a Forced Sync.. I didn't accept that from Support because tapping on the Account Icon, then the tracker, I believe that is a forced sync..

Support also ignored all of my error message screen shots..ranging from Sync failure, Bluetooth issues etc.. that go with the exclamation red dot.

But I eventually sync.  I'm just trying to find a solution for many frustrated users on the Android.....

wrote:

That circle means that the sync was, for some reason, unsuccessful.  It may have something to do with the tracker, or it may be something else entirely.  Sometimes the servers are just busy, so just be patient and try again later.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

The latest response from Support was that the red dot exclamation mark means that I still have a Fitbit connected to another App..

Correct,  I was using the iPad and Windows 10 as alternative devices when I was having syncing issues a couple of weeks ago..

I uninstalled both of those Apps and just had a smooth multi sync to the Ionic and One.. But I have been syncing over the last few days and I will see if the exclamation mark appears..

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @car2639, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you around. It's always nice to see you around too @olive114. I really appreciate your help and insight @DramaQueenDiva, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

@car2639 and @olive114, thanks for bringing this to my attention, at this moment I would like to ask you for a screenshot of the red circle with exclamation point you're getting. Additionally, please reply to me with the following information so I can investigate this issue further:

1. Phone model you're using (complete model)
  2. OS version your phone is running.
  3. App version currently installed in your phone. (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbitHere is an example of the screenshot..and there is no indication of what the issue is...

Now that I'm on V2.65.1 and it it only occurs occasionally, normally just after I have a successful sync,, Either the One or the Ionic.. I haven't synced the One today (multi mode). The other error came up about 4 hours ago for the Ionic.. I just tapped the message and the Sync continued for about 5 minutes.

I just synced the Ionic... Only took 1 minute.. So these are the timing variances.. 1 minute, 5 minutes and while that struggles at other times out to 13 minutes I can create an Active record within that 13 minutes from the phone and it's on the PC Dashboard before I open the browser.  That really confuses me...

1. Phone Sony Xperia XP 2016 model (not on your list)
  2. Android V8.0.0 (Update from 7.1.1 1st Feb)
  3. App 2.65.1.

red dot after 1 minute 27jan18.jpgsync error 21jan17.jpg

wrote:

Hello @car2639, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you around. It's always nice to see you around too @olive114 and @olive114. I really appreciate your help and insight @DramaQueenDiva, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

@car2639 and @olive114, thanks for bringing this to my attention, at this moment I would like to ask you for a screenshot of the red circle with exclamation point you're getting. Additionally, please reply to me with the following information so I can investigate this issue further:

1. Phone model you're using (complete model)
  2. OS version your phone is running.
  3. App version currently installed in your phone. (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Hello, I don't have a digital camera here at the moment(daughter is borrowing it) I get much the same and the other photo supplied, the working same or says "unplug from other apps" or " you are not connected to Fitbit base station" . I don't have a "smart phone" just my laptop which is a Windows whatever number which didn't work for long so was updated to Windows 10. Is that any help? xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

@olive114Every little bit helps.. You're reporting it on the Flex and Windows 10, me on Android with the One and the Ionic..

Are you using Fitbit Connect or Windows 10 Bluetooth ?

While I'm posting this I just had a win, my Windows 7/64 PC just synced my Ionic via Fitbit Connect.. Rarely happens..

Now it's struggling to Sync from the phone, up to 10 minutes now..

I created a 10 minute activity on the PC and it has already appeared on the phone Exercise tile....  Still syncing... That totally confuses me... because, if the activity works from the PC to the phone via my 4G+ cellphone network, it points towards the interface between the phone and the Fitbits...

So I then turn the Bluetooth off on the phone, the exclamation mark appears, tap that, and Fitbit asks for permission to turn on the Bluetooth and the phone syncs within a minute...

Thanks @WendyB for confirming that works in another post...

After midnight here, off to bed now

wrote:

Hello, I don't have a digital camera here at the moment(daughter is borrowing it) I get much the same and the other photo supplied, the working same or says "unplug from other apps" or " you are not connected to Fitbit base station" . I don't have a "smart phone" just my laptop which is a Windows whatever number which didn't work for long so was updated to Windows 10. Is that any help? xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now you're asking!!!! Fitbit connect-don't have anything that is Bluetooth. xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

@olive114I understand updating your old computer would probably not have Bluetooth embedded.. I realize this is very basic and we are probably oceans apart, but, do you still have the Fitbit Connect dongle you would have received with your Flex.     .  Dongle.jpgIf it's plugged into your computer did your upgrade to Windows 10 recognize the dongle ?   If not you will need to install with this link and you will see this view..

Fitbit start.jpg

wrote:

Now you're asking!!!! Fitbit connect-don't have anything that is Bluetooth. xx

Best Answer

Thank you for that Colin- I understood every word you typed ( do have probs with "online talk" sometime!)

I had resumed that the dongle had been recognised but went on the link you sent me, got the app bit on and it said that was installed so clicked on "launch" just to make sure (already "pinned to taskbar") and I was straight on desktop-logged in, synced with no "red circles etc". Thank you, I hope that may have given it a shove to get going correctly. Allyson xx

Best Answer

@olive114 Great news... I hope it continues and your response will help others.. All the best for 2018

wrote:

Thank you for that Colin- I understood every word you typed ( do have probs with "online talk" sometime!)

I had resumed that the dongle had been recognised but went on the link you sent me, got the app bit on and it said that was installed so clicked on "launch" just to make sure (already "pinned to taskbar") and I was straight on desktop-logged in, synced with no "red circles etc". Thank you, I hope that may have given it a shove to get going correctly. Allyson xx

Best Answer

Hello @Colinm39 and @olive114, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@olive114, I'm very glad to know the information and recommendations provided by @Colinm39 have helped you and that your issue has now been resolved. 

@Colinm39, I appreciate you have replied to to me with the screenshots and the information requested. Please note that the errors you're getting are because your device (Sony Xperia XP) is not a compatible device. I understand your phone syncs with your tracker, some "not-compatible" devices can sync because they're using an Android version that is compatible, but that does not exempt them from receiving syncing errors like the one you're getting, which also explains the variation in the time it takes for the tracker to sync with your phone. 

Please remember that our team is always working towards including more and more phone models on our list of compatible devices and I appreciate you have shared information about your phone with me, that is always helpful. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, the only way I have been able to handle this is to uninstall and reinstall.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbitI appreciate your response about the phones but now rarely see the exclamation mark  because last week  App V2.66 and Android 8.0.0 were updated on my phone...

I can invoke it by turning off the Bluetooth on the phone, get the message from the Fitbit App for permission to turn Bluetooth on, and away we go again..  Just a method I use to ensure Bluetooth is working..with my Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Colinm39 and @car2639 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@car2639, I appreciate you have let me know the troubleshooting steps you've taken in order to try to resolve this issue. At this moment I will forward your information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

@Colinm39, thanks for let me know you rarely see the exclamation point and for letting me know the process you perform in order to sync your tracker, I'm sure it will be very helpful for many members facing the same situation.

Thanks again for your insight, if there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this very same issue. I have the fir if app on both my Samsung s5 and my iPad. My iPad would sync but my phone wouldn’t. I had to turn off Bluetooth on my iPad to be able to sync my fitbit versa lite with my phone. Basically the app can only be active on one device at a time. I hope this helps. 
edit. I spent a day trying all of the usual fixes. Uninstall reinstall and reboot. Now it finally syncs and I get phone notifications.:)

Best Answer

Pleased you have managed to sort out your problem-feels good to work out what the problem is and to fix it. My Flex 2 is now working great. x

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having same issue have Uninstalled app and I tried everything still won't sync

Best Answer
0 Votes