Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not accurate in challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am currently in a workweek challenge and my steps are not accurately being shown in the challenge. I have over 17,000 steps this week and in the challenge is shows under 3000. I have already looked at the troubleshooting

- we are all in the same timezone

-I have the most updated software

-I am not using or tracking steps with any third party apps

- I have logged out of the app, closed, the app, restarted my phone etc- nothing is working

Its updating in the challenge because it shows "now" but its very far off... each time I sync it goes up by random amount of steps.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@chelleperk24 I see that you said you are not "using or tracking steps with any third party apps", but was curious if you have manually logged any activities with Fitbit (on the app or website)? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, not manually logging anything on Fitbit except my weight
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to our new friend @chelleperk24 thanks for stopping by! Woman WinkI noticed my friend @Jrdubyakc asked you a great question, thanks for the update sweetie! My best advise would be to contact our Customer Support team and let them know you've already made sure you're not manually logging steps and using third party apps as well as that all are in the same timezone. I'm pretty sure they'll provide you with a good solution for this.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Woman Wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you manually add steps like i use a treadmill for 65 mins and go 4 miles, i put that in on my phone app, is that why it is not accurate in challenges, like today i have 17000+ steps but in my challenge it shows less than 10000

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see our Community is growing @JYeo welcome my friend! Man WinkYeah, I'd like you to know that at this time only steps from your tracker count towards a challenge. That means manually logged activities and activities tracked through any third-party apps aren't included in your challenge total.

I hope this helps, have a nice week! Man Very Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what u mean by third party app, the steps I’m referring to are on my C3 and the only app I have on my phone is the Fitbit app, but my problem is it won’t sync or pair and says no C3 found but when I go into my account it says C3 connected. How do I fix this? I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled but that didn’t work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow that post is from 2016

Best Answer
0 Votes