Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not recorded correctly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I walk on my treadmill & completed 5kms in 61 mins this morning however after syncing, my Fitbit Flex 2 only shows 2,3 kms & no active time. I have queried this previously with the support team but their answers make no sense. I’m told it is affected by step length, weight & height, but how do they explain the time difference. Besides the differences between different days of excercise are also confusing since there is no correlation. One day it will show around 50% of the steps the treadmill shows & the next day will show 75%, nothing makes sense.

Is it possible to edit the steps on my app & if so, how do I do it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Do you hold hand rail with fitbit hand?  If so, steps might not get counted because the arm is not swinging as it does when walking.  And since the Flex 2 does not detect heart rate, it would not know that you are doing anything.  I would guess you were holding rail about half the time, giving you about half the distance.

I think this would explain all your other issues, also.  I recommend putting your Flex 2 in a pocket, or somehow pinned to clothes, while on treadmill and see if that fixes your issues.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Do you hold hand rail with fitbit hand?  If so, steps might not get counted because the arm is not swinging as it does when walking.  And since the Flex 2 does not detect heart rate, it would not know that you are doing anything.  I would guess you were holding rail about half the time, giving you about half the distance.

I think this would explain all your other issues, also.  I recommend putting your Flex 2 in a pocket, or somehow pinned to clothes, while on treadmill and see if that fixes your issues.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Thanks very much for this explanation, it makes sense. I shall do that tomorrow whilst walking.

Kind regards,
Mandy.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much for the explanation, it makes total sense. I shall do this tomorrow when I walk. Kind regards. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured this out while shopping and holding the cart handles. 

30 top tier international companies using the same DEFI must mean something. Get your piece of the financial pie now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Flex 2 recorded a daily total of 268,438,044 steps. Clearly this has become corrupted somehow and I’ve since upgraded to a Luxe so moving forward I should have no more issues. However my long term stats are now going to be wrong forever. Is there a way to just edit the steps figure for that one day?

Best Answer