Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

syncing issue with my Flex

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi, i put my flex on for the first time in ages and been wearing ir for a few days now but for some strange reason it wont sync. i cant even find how to sync it manually, iv tried restarting it, uninstalling the app on my phone but nothings worked, iv even tried with the new updated version and that hasnt got anywhere to manually sync. im really annoyed now, please please help, thanks, Tracey

Moderator edit: I have moved your post to the Flex board to increase the chance of getting a response.

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

If you havent used it in a while do you have the Dongle Plugged into a USB Port on your compuetr?

dongle.png

It needs to be to sync to the computer

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Have a great day @Tracey1967! Thank you for jumping in @WendyB. I'd like to add that if you're still having syncing issues with your Flex try the next steps to fix the issue:

1. Turn off your phone and try the restart again a couple of times.
  2. Open Bluetooth Setting on your phone and forget Flex from there and Turn off the Bluetooth
  3. Force quite your Fitbit App and then go back to Account to delete your Flex from there too
  4. Force quite the App and Turn back on the Bluetooth to "Set up your Flex" back to the Account

If you encounter any issue let me know with details, so I can further assist you. But I'm pretty sure that these steps will do the trick. Smiley Wink

Note: Make sure your phone and Fitbit App are up to date. And for Android phones take a look of this tips for syncing from @ErickFitbitCat Happy

Have a good one! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I've worn mine consistently though. Three days ago it stopped syncing and saying the battery was dead when it wasn't. Today I contacted Fitbit and was told there's nothing that can be done and I'll need a new one. They offered to give me a 25% off code via email. It's been at least 5hrs and I have yet to get this email. I think it's one of those things where when a new model comes out and all of a sudden the old one stops working. 

Best Answer

When did you upgrade the firmware for your fitbit? Recently?  Same happened to me after upgrading this week and then after my fitbit died it would no longer sync

Best Answer

Well, I think I figured out the problem with my syncing issue. I hadn't used mine in about a year. It worked and I updated the firmware, but let it die because of odd recharging issues (I still don't understand why it's being so finicky). I tried using the dongle on my laptop, old and new versions of android, and every proceedure fitbit had written about. The key source of the problem is that I let the battery die completely, which needed a reset to remedy.

I thought I had been resetting my fitbit, but wasn't. A quick Youtube video showed me what the lights were supposed to look like and I got it. The key is that the reset has to be done while charging with blinking lights. Just because it was plugged in doesn't mean it's actually charging. I wasn't sure if the update changed things, but I had not been able to get the blinking 4 lights as I had remembered they did. I finally got the lights by plugging the fitbit charger into my USB phone charger in the wall. When I got the 4 blinking lights I reset with a paper clip. Viola! All my frustrations subsided. In all this was a massive waste of time today and I almost threw it away. I'm glad that I finally figured it out.

Best Answer
Thanks for all your replies.
Iv now got 2 fitbit accounts, (with 2 email addresses) a new one that syncs
and I can have the old or new dashboard and my old account that is the one
I want as it has all my trophies and everything. But it's this one that
hasn't got a sync emblem or whatever it's called. To manually sync before
or with the new one it was just a matter of sliding the screen (if you know
what I mean) but my old account also doesn't even have a tile to that
counts steps, it's totally missing. I'll have a go at screenshotting it and
posting it
Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it folks hey.
Best Answer

It's nice to see you in the Forums guys! Heart

Sorry to hear that @KatLopes, thank you also for the feedback provided. If your Flex is not dead and you want to keep troubleshooting I'd like to know if you're getting any error or specific screen when you disconnect your Fitbit Flex from your Account and try to set it up again. Which device are you using? Did you update your phone or Fitbit App recently? This information is very helpful to further assist you! Smiley Embarassed

Thanks for your second post with all the details about the troubleshooting steps that you've tried @NathanK, it's great to know that you're back on track! Smiley Very Happy

@Tracey1967 To add back your step tile tap on "Edit" in your Fitbit app, (scroll all the way down and you will see the option). Let me know how it works for you! Smiley Wink

Have a great day and Happy Holidays!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Please find attached photos to show there is no sync thingy
Iv also gone to edit and there isn't a step tile to add?
Best Answer

Hey there @Tracey1967, good morning! I would like to know if your're trying to see steps from an iOS/Android device or from a PC/Laptop so I can further assist you, I can not see the pictures in your previous post. Can you send them again. Smiley Embarassed

I'll be waiting for your response! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I'm using an Android phone, Samsung S7.
I'll try adding the photos again and hopefully will come through
Thank, Tracey
Best Answer

Good morning @Tracey1967! Thanks for getting back to me, it'll be great if you send those pictures. Have you tried to log out and log back in into your account. You can log into you old account to keep your trophies and all previous data and try set up your Flex in that account. If your Flex is not responding try the restart. So the steps would be:

1. Log out from the Fitbit App
  2. Log in into your old Account
  3. Restart your Flex and reboot Bluetooth
  4. Go to account > Set up a device

I think that you will have all your data after syncing it. 

Let me know if this helps! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi! I have been having issues with my flex2. It recognizes the minutes of exercise but does not update the "track exercise" tile. This is an ongoing issue. There are at least 2 or 3 days a week that this tile is not synced. I have tried different methods suggested here (restarting the phone, reinstalling the app etc) but nothing seems to work. Any other suggestions? Thanks!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Have you tried turning bluetooth off and then back on after say 5 minutes?

I cant really think of anything else with you already trying everything.

Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes