Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard and challenge don't match

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Three times now that I have been in a challenge my steps have been off by over 2,000. My dashboard says one number and my challenges say another. Anyone had this problem? I'm very competitive and like all my steps to count haha
Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Thank you. Tried all that and it is all different. This time challenge shows 11037 instead of 12182 which is great, because it is closer to what the device said I had done. But the dashboard is 10124 instead of 11033? So now I have done less steps there than I actually did?

fitbit steps changed.jpg

I also reset the device too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been using same fit bit since 03/2015

Just noticed my tracker steps and my Phone Dashboard steps match, but I'm in two challenges and my step total was off by 11,000 steps (Wed 02/22/17)? I thought it would eventually register, but nothing after 3 hrs? So I rebooted the tracker and uninstalled the phone app and reinstalled. Still no change? Today I thought things would change but they didn't? I had 15,699 steps on my tracker and dashboard. but only about 10k steps registered (Thur 02/23/17) in the two challenges?

Day          Tracker & Dashboard steps     Challenge step total    Actual Step Total        Delta

Mon         19269                                           19269                          19269                          0

Tues         15664                                           34933                          34933                         0

Wed         17468                                           41194                          52219*                         -11025

Thur          15666                                           51743                          67885*                        -16142

* Today and yesterdays numbers have only partially registered?

The same apps were on my phone when this problem started Monday - Wed. Today I uninstalled the "Pacer" phone app to see if that was the problem even though it was running and on my phone on Mon and Tue when the numbers registered correctly in challenge. Something is wrong and it isn't me or my phone! It's the tracker or the app!!!

FITBIT1.jpg

Best Answer

I am not sure if this will help you. But I found the solution to  my issue of the challenge total being significantly different than my dashboard/device total.

I have my fitbit synced with my strava. So any time I log an exercise on both devices at the same time, the strava data will be updated into my fitbit dashboard along side the fitbit data.

This creates a duplicate exercise for the same time period.

For some reason, the fitbit steps total is taken from the activity with the least number of steps.

For the challenge total, it appears as though it takes the steps from the strava activity and the number of steps taken on the fitbit at the exact same time and adds both to the challenge total. Doubling the amount of steps done in that time period.

I have to delete the duplicate activity from the activities list every time to rectify the issue.

I have read, through the forum, that it is meant to log only 1 activity in a time period, but it does not for me.

I have had to disconnect my strava from my fitbit because I am sick of having to do this every day.

Best Answer

This problem is still happening. Today (Sunday AM) my weekend warrior challenge shows approx. 8K steps but my dashboard (and my tracker, yesterday) showed more than 13K. I just had an unhelpful chat with customer service which ended up with them sending me the same useless information that's in this thread!

I have a Fitbit HR, sync with an iPad mini4, that's it. 
1. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

It looks like this is a problem that's been known for a while?

Fred

Best Answer

Hi,

I use the Fitbit Surge and I'm from India. I'd like to know how to view my step count on the challenge screen (for eg: the goal day challenge). It only shows as a percentage now on the top of the screen next to the challenger's name, showing that I've completed 12% of my goal (which I've set as 7000), but I don't want to be diving the percentage by the goal every single time. How do I view the step count on the challenge screen ? I've been searching the internet for this, but I haven't been able to find a comprehensive answer. I'd also like to know why sometimes on my dashboard, it shows the calorie count as 930, without me actually having done any physical activity. Would appreciate a reply. 

Thank you and Cheers. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done this multiple times and for 3 weeks now my steps and challenges do not match up... 2000 steps a week out now for 3 weeks. If I add another challenge like daily showdown just with myself it is correct.

Best Answer

This is annoying. I am not allowed to wear my watch during my soccer games and that is where I get a lot of my steps. Fitbit should let that count towards competitions and let people decide if they want to be trusted by those they are competing against. I am very frustrated. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem! Challenge steps is way lower than what my dasebodas is saying! I restarted my phone, Fitbit, updated the Fitbit app. Help!

Best Answer

So are you saying if I use the exercise mode of the Versa that doesn’t get counted toward challenges? If so that is just plain dumb. No one would expect it to work that way AND NO ONE would want it wo work that way. This needs fixed immediately.

Best Answer

It Didn't work I'm 3k less in my challenge than my dashboard. What gives? Why is it being stupid like this? Challenge is in a different time zone but i didn't get 3k steps as soon as the challenge started.  This a bogus Fitbit Your whole system is faulty

Best Answer

I appreciate this answer but after following all the steps my problem continues

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found out that the back seal had been compromised.

There were fractures on the back where the screws were.

This allowed moisture from sweat and showers in and was causing the problem. See picture. I had to send in on warranty.

fit1.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 days of steps in dashboard don’t match the total after 3 days of my 5 day challenge. The Fitbit synced each day but the challenge is off by 5,000+steps.

ex: Mon 7,000, Tues 7,000, Wed 8,000 -all shown in dashboard but challenge shows only 17,0000 not 22,000?  Tried closing app, tried turning on/off bluetooth, tried rebooting phone. Nothing corrects the problem in The app. Using Charge 3 Fitbit but it’s the app that won’t add steps properly in challenge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t use the “track steps” function or use any 3rd party and I have the problem of dashboard (which matches fit) not matching challenge. The issue has NOT been fixed by the community, only in that instance mentioned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed ALL of those steps and it did not fix the problem. If the dashboard syncs properly and no 3rd party app or manual entries are done why doesn’t the challenge simply add the daily steps? I’m off by >5,000 steps after only 3 days in on the challenge.  Very frustrating to everyone involved in the challenge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree 100%...  All of my friends are so frustrated with the quirks in the app that require them to turn off/turn on, reboot phones, shutoff/turn on, change clock faces to fix known bugs!!  About to have everyone I know spend the $ to buy another device and ditch Fitbit entirely. They either don’t listen to their customers, don’t care about their issues or have incompetent programmers that can’t put together a patch to fix what is being reported!

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, my steps have synced the reverse - according to my dashboard, only 13k done. According to the weekly challenge, in addition to yesterday's 15k, I've done 33k total. Which would mean my daily total from today is roughly 5000 steps out (a tracked run). These are not showing on versa or dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also your steps will vary in challenges bc it depends on who booked the challenge and what time zone they're in. I have a friend in the UK and her workweek hustle begins for me here in Texas  on Sunday night at 6pm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only challenges started in my time zone match. As for challenges started in a different time zone (1hr behind me) It seems after the challenge is over and all users update that it would correct itself, we all get the same amount of time within a challenge correct (24hrs a day)

Best Answer
0 Votes