Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't stay on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my Fitbit is charged but it won't stay on it has only tracked about 300 steps and that is not what I did today. I ahve done the reset and now that is not working. Please help

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Awesome troubleshooting

When desired it's possible to contact the fitbit support team, they can be contacted from the official contact page.

Mention what you've already tried to speed things up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kellerj Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for trying those steps. I have seen this before and it usually happens when you are stuck at a firmware update. There is a workaround that has helped users in the past. Please do the following:

1. Restart your Flex (Do that once again).
  2. Remove tracker from Bluetooth settings.
  3. Toggle Bluetooth on and off.
  4. Attempt Firmware update.
  5. If Firmware update is not available as an option:
         a  Unpair device (delete if from your account).
         b. Go through steps 1 - 3 again.
         c. Pair tracker (set it up once again).

That should definitely help you out with this problem. 

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have bought a fitbit flex from someone else. It is experiencing the dancing lights and wont connect to my app. I have tried every trouble shooting tip. Reset and the works. It continues to say we found your flex but will not connect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@seanmcdonald Welcome to the Fitbit family! When did you get your Flex? Please try these set up troubleshooting steps, that should help you out. 

If you already tried all the troubleshooting steps above and the ones for the Firmware update, and still nothing, please consider returning it back to the retailer in which you recently got it for an exchange.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbits light keeps going back and forth. I don't know what to do with it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My mom has a Fitbit & I’m trying to help her with it. It won’t stay on, Ive tried trouble shooting & everything. It seems like the battery is super weak. 

Best Answer
0 Votes