Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Flex and Flex 2 the same?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello there, with the holidays coming up I decided to get my brother who loves fitness a fitbit. He seemed to take an interest in mine so I got him his own, but shhh don't tell haha. Anyway, it is the Fitbit flex ( the first one) and I was just wondering if the flex and the flex 2 were basically the same thing. I want to be able to get him other wrist bands for it to give him options other than just the color that I had gotten him. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

No they are not the same...the Flex 2 can be worn in the water whereas the Flex 1 can't.  Also, the Flex 2 can be worn as a pendant as well as a bracelet.  You can do a comparison of the two trackers here.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Hi, @jhofer006, adding to what @DramaQueenDiva said, it sounds like you have already bought the Flex (the original one) for your brother and are wanting to know whether Flex 2 bands will fit.  Is that correct?

The answer is "no"; bands that are advertised for Flex 2 will not fit the original Flex.  Also, you will see that in many places, including Fitbit's own website, the original Flex is no longer available.  Although it will DEFINITELY continue to be supported by Fitbit (so no worries there) you may find that additional bands for the original Flex become less easy to find.

I think that if it were me I might consider exchanging it for a Flex 2 which will definitely have more band options moving forward -- and also is a definite upgrade on the original Flex.

You might find that with "Black Friday" coming up you can find some good deals on Fitbits.  (I heard there were deals last year, though I didn't actually shop for any myself, so I can't say for sure what they were.)

Just a thought!  Do let me know if I have misunderstood your question!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I am trying to find this out myself but with no success as I have many wrist bands for flex 1

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pamandcolin, please read my post, just above yours.  

Bands for the Flex 1 will definitely NOT fix the Flex 2.  The two devices are a different shape.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thank you for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome suggestions @DramaQueenDiva, and @Julia_G ! Welcome to the Forums @Pamandcolin! So good to hear that you are back on track.

I'd like to kindly advise you to vote for @DramaQueenDiva, and @Julia_G’s post. Votes contribute to a positive reputation in the community. Earning votes and giving votes also factors into the Community Rank and the possibility to land a spot on the Most Helpful Authors list, located at the bottom right of every discussion category page.

I hope to see you around more often! 😉

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

you can't do a comparison (at least not from Fitbit) because they don't afford the flex 1 anymore. 

Best Answer

Go with original Flex, I got rid of my Flex 2.and went back. Original loses couple features but battery life will easily last a week, I've had them run over with car and still work, they can be used in water .... If you read documentation Flex 2 doesn't even want you wear it in shower so have to take on and off if you follow guidelines. Somehow it can used to track swimming though? Documentation almost says you can do this but at your on risk while the Flex supposedly is not waterproof but does not list it as a limitation and I've used it in the water all the time, even Ocean saltwater. Original Flex also much much much more bright. Flex 2 I couldn't even see if out in daylight. Also, original Flex only goes in one way and super simple, Flex 2 doesn't have sides and will fit either way so you have to look at it each time. It's especially annoying for charger on Flex 2 due to pins only being on one side but it will fit it the other direction. If you are plugging it in without looking, which you can do with ease on original Flex, you may find you have not been charging your device at all.

I used to love Fitbit and still have Flex but wife keeps upgrading and newer they are the worse it seems to get. Like our Aria scale, cost $100 back in the day, Fitbit no longer supports pairing thorugh app due to being older device. Have to use PC and if you have new wireless configuration, it may not work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes