Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My steps are not syncing correctly with challenges

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my steps in the work week challenge are not registering correctly. It seems to be caught by 2/3rds. The single day challenges reflect the same number of steps as the dashboard. This is getting frustrating as I look my of a loser than in just weight 😭 help!

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

You can go into Fitbit app advanced settings to enter stride length.  You may have a longer stride length than what is indicated.  This will take a little trial and error to get exact but using a treadmill or a known distance to calibrate should help you out.  Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an extra large band handy that I use when going on the threadmill. I put it around my ankle and it works very well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the issue of steps being tracked correctly on dashboard, but the challenge board is not updating.  I rebooted my phone and reinstalled the app and up losing my Tuesday steps...it shows 1k when I did 12K.  I don't have any other apps tracking.  I dont see that im using mobile run. Batterry is fully chatged as well.  Can you help me resolve this please?

Best Answer

Hi! I am not using any compatible apps to log workouts and I have tried restarting my Flex, but my steps are not applying to my workweek challenge. The time zone is different but the challenge has already started in both timelines before I got the steps. It is off by 13000 steps, is there anything else that could be the issue.

Best Answer

Ok, my steps don't synchronize with the challenges.  The challenges list my steps at 9000+ and my steps are over 13000. I don't understand why putting in 30minutes on a trad mill while wearing a watch would mess with the steps listed in the challenge. Is it just better then to not list the exercises I do on fitbit???? Maybe fitbit should fix this problem. 

Best Answer

So, my dashboard says I have over 7k steps, and the challenges say I only have about 1k. We are all in the same state and I joined before the challenges even started. Also, I did not manually track my steps. Any suggestions as to how to make the dashboard and challenges sync correctly? It's getting frustrating, as part of the point of even having the fitbit are the challenges.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine just righted itself after I allowed both phone and fitbit to run out of charge completely, then charged fully and started again. Don’t know if this is coincidence...
Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I (hopefully) resolved my issue. I went to the manual online for my fitbit and looked up how to reset it. Sadly, my dashboard lost most my steps, but hopefully this is a longterm solution to the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is almost verbatim happening to me. I don't use a third party app or log manually. My dashboard will say for example 16000 steps for today but the challenge only show 6000 all week on the work week challenge 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What i had to do was unlink the bluetooth connection and reboot the fitbit.

@Dannychesterman wrote:

This is almost verbatim happening to me. I don't use a third party app or log manually. My dashboard will say for example 16000 steps for today but the challenge only show 6000 all week on the work week challenge 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Put your fitbit in its charger and reset it with a pin.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Danny,
Have you called Fitbit's customer service about the tracking problem? They
are very good. I discovered that I had updated my Fitbit tracker and
they walked me through it.
*A**yana Low**e*
*Singer/ vocal coach/ piano teacher*
Best Answer

I don't accept the solution.

I don't know how to manually add in steps. So how come my steps in challenges are WAYYYYY off than on the dashboard? 

I sync, I don't add additional steps (didn't know you could even do it). I have a surge and I know sometimes it freezes but if it's recording on the dash why not on the challenges?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you saying that if I use MapMyFitness app for a run, those steps WILL NOT count towards the workweek hustle?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem with steps syncing but not showing up in the challenges. I have not manually logged steps or used a GPS running app. I have logged out of the app and back by in. Nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe I have come to the realization IF you use the app on your phone it just doesn't show up in the challenges. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for helping and responding.
Best,
Ayana
Best Answer

I think you didn’t understand .

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me. It only syncs on the profile but the steps in the challenge groups are not updating along with the profile. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a very simple fix to try if your dashboard shows a bunch of steps and your challenge doesn't.

Go into the challenge and tap the "options" in the top right corner. Change the "do not disturb" option. Close the options. It fixed mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes