Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,018 Miles in 2018

Hi all!

I've seen a lot of these groups on Facebook and thought that those of you without Facebook (or even those with Facebook) might like to join me in a challenge.  The challenge is to walk or run 2,018 in the year 2018.  It is open to everyone in the Fitbit Community, and you can post your updates here either weekly or monthly, whatever works for you!  I'll start:

Week 1: 7.46 miles so far

Who's with me?

So what does this mean in numbers:

Miles a month: 2,018 miles this year/12 months a year= 168 miles a month

Miles a week: 2,108 miles this year/52 weeks a year= 38.8 miles a week (or 39 if you are rounding up)

Miles a day: 2,018 miles this year/365 days a year= 5.5 miles a day

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

What do you think about starting an Activity Group (https://www.fitbit.com/groups), so we can look at the leaderboard to see how we are all doing. We could still post comments here, but it might be nice to have a snap shot of how we are doing. I use the groups for these types of things at work and get good feedback. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Great idea, @MarciM!  I just created the group here

Best Answer

Sounds like a great idea! Count me in, I will be walking not running.

Since Jan 1st I have 21.45 miles

Best Answer

@benvegi wrote:

Sounds like a great idea! Count me in, I will be walking not running.

Since Jan 1st I have 21.45 miles

Don't worry, I won't be running either!

Best Answer

Thanks for starting the challenge and the activity group. I'm in.

Best Answer

You're welcome!

Best Answer

Thanks. I’m in 

Best Answer

Count me in also. I walk only.

As of January 6th, I'm at 47.83 miles which is 1.51 miles behind my almost 81 year old mother.

Best Answer

Hi from Jaimie in Adelaide, South Australia. I have just done the numbers and want in on this challenge.

In kilometres it equates to 3248 kilometres for the year, divide that by 52 and I must achieve minimum 62.5 kilometres a week, it is day 6 of January and I have 87.19 so I have a good start for week 1, now to keep the steps coming through rain and shine, we had 42 degrees Celsius today, I still managed to move myself 12.91 km. Happy stepping for 2018. Jaimie

Best Answer

Did over 9 miles yesterday, total for the first week is 41.96 miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DramaQueenDiva wrote:

Great idea, @MarciM!  I just created the group here

I’m in 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

WooHoo! @JaimieRi, you're tough to catch. Keep up the pace.

Best Answer
Thanks Michael, I can feel you breathing down my neck though, I better get moving again. Im in Australia I am guessing your in America, so when your sleeping I am probably up and moving.

Kind regards Jaimie Richards 😅
Best Answer

Ok... I’m going to try!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also walk only, some days I won’t meet the required steps but on vacation days I’ll try to make up the difference 

Best Answer

Just joined the group - I wasn't wearing my fitbit until today so I will be behind but I will catch up!

I'm a walker also, the old knees don't like jogging!

Best Answer

@JaimieRi, (Psst. Don't look over your shoulder for the moment.)  🙂

@essieL, How in the world did you get the 100K daily steps badge? I earned a 55K badge and lost a toe nall while doing it. Took me the largest part of a day. You and @Baltoscott have the same 4 badges. I'm assuming those are as high as it gets.

Anyway, too much time typing, not enough stepping.

Best Answer

@CandaceZ, I understand about the old knees. I've had a large amount of metal holding my legs together since 1984. The only time you'll see me run is if I'm being chased by a mean Doberman Pinscher or crotchety old black bear.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Did you notice I only accomplished it once? I actually set out to do it 2 other times but the first two tries I didn’t get an early enough start and ran out of time, it takes a little over 12 hours of walking. Of course it was a vacation day when I was completely free to do anything I liked. 😊 It was really fun to see if I could do it but I seriously doubt I’ll do it again. 

Best Answer