Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,018 Miles in 2018

Hi all!

I've seen a lot of these groups on Facebook and thought that those of you without Facebook (or even those with Facebook) might like to join me in a challenge.  The challenge is to walk or run 2,018 in the year 2018.  It is open to everyone in the Fitbit Community, and you can post your updates here either weekly or monthly, whatever works for you!  I'll start:

Week 1: 7.46 miles so far

Who's with me?

So what does this mean in numbers:

Miles a month: 2,018 miles this year/12 months a year= 168 miles a month

Miles a week: 2,108 miles this year/52 weeks a year= 38.8 miles a week (or 39 if you are rounding up)

Miles a day: 2,018 miles this year/365 days a year= 5.5 miles a day

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Oh and I also lost toenails all three tries!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@essieL, I can't see the double earning of your badges, I think only you can see that. You're sporting all four of the top level badges which is way cool in and of itself.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I’ve had a Fitbit for four years. It took me 3 1/2 years to earn all the badges. By far the most difficult to achieve is the Olympic shoe, most of the others just come as a matter of course with a little diligence. Thanks for cheering me on. 

Best Answer

So far for January 2018 I have gone 70.22 miles. I hope to keep it going 🙂

Best Answer

@LunaWolfeGurl, That's right on the money to hit the 2,018 mile goal. Keep it up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wait up Michael and Wendy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JaimieRi Hey! No fair, I’m fourth! Wait up guys!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone

I'm hoping you have room for one more. I've been using a Flex 1 since February '16, but have been inexcusably sporadic in my use of it during that time. On 4 January I upgraded to a Charge 2 and am absolutely loving it. First time using the Community Boards. First time committing myself to a challenge. Like @JaimieRi, I am in Australia - Melbourne. Discipline is my downfall, and I'm hoping this little Group will help me to push through that! 🙂

Week 1: 42.83km

Week 2: so far 65.58km

Best Answer

@Tracy303 You go girl! Welcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@essieL thank you. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey all

Quick question in relation to the leaderboard stats. My active mins is showing as almost correct (only out by 10 mins), my steps are over counted by 1078 steps, and my distance is way out of whack - it shows as 79.56km, but my app says 127.34km walked. It doesn't seem to have taken my first week of walking into account for some reason. I noticed it yesterday, but thought it might just take a day or two to rectify. Any idea why there would be such a discrepancy? 

Cheers 🙂 

Best Answer

Hey All:

172.78 miles for the first two weeks. That's more than normal for me.

@essieL, I spent most of the day yesterday trying to catch up to Wendy B on the leader board and to stay ahead of @JaimieRi in the Valley Loop challenge.

@Tracy303, I can't answer your technical question, but for this: "I'm hoping this little Group will help me to push through that!", please friend @JaimieRi, and do some challenges together. I'm not sure how Australia's time zones work but it appears you'd have a 1/2 hour to an hour head start when the challenge began? The challenges are a fun thing to do, distance wise, there's enough varied distance that you can find a challenge that lasts an hour to a day or two. Besides, you get to see the little dots chasing each other down a trail.

--Mike

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, 1/2 hour difference between Adelaide and Melbourne, yes. I've never done a challenge before. Might need to work up to that one! Although, watching little dots chasing each other down a trail does sound like fun. 🙂

I'm off for my 10k steps now. C u on the other side! Happy walking/running...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner btw congrats on the mileage. That's 276km in Aussie speak. Impressive. I've no chance of ever catching you! Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My turn for the bad weather, I expect tomorrow will be a low step count day. I expect you to pile on the steps.  Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully a few of us will have a little chance to catch up with you Michael if you have a low step day. Whew! You really do step it up!

Best Answer

@Tracy303 wrote:

Hey all

Quick question in relation to the leaderboard stats. My active mins is showing as almost correct (only out by 10 mins), my steps are over counted by 1078 steps, and my distance is way out of whack - it shows as 79.56km, but my app says 127.34km walked. It doesn't seem to have taken my first week of walking into account for some reason. I noticed it yesterday, but thought it might just take a day or two to rectify. Any idea why there would be such a discrepancy? 

Cheers 🙂 

@Tracy303 -- If you are manually adding activities the mileage for them will show up in your app totals, but not in group leaderboard totals.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I'm on board! I have 75.21 miles so far, with more to go, as I'm just about to leave work.

Best Answer

Hi @Baltoscott, thank you for the clarification. I've been doing my 10k walk using the Walk Mode on the tracker, and the rest of it is either generated by the auto detection kicking in, or when I'm just walking around. Clearly I have a long way to go if I have any hope of getting nearer the top of the board! 🙂

Best Answer

Since those are all tracker recorded steps @Tracy303 they should show up in your app totals as well as the leaderboard totals.    I don’t think leaderboard totals update as often as your app does though so you may see differences because of that.  

Keep on stepping!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer