Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,019 Miles in 2019

ANSWERED

Hello all!  The New Year is upon us very soon!  How fun would it be to walk/run/move 2,019 miles in the year 2019?!

2,019 miles =

5.53 miles per day

38.82 miles per week

168.25 miles per month

For me, if I walk 5.5 miles, it's around 13K steps.  Running is a bit less, around 10,500 steps.

Let's use this thread to track our mileage and smash our goals!  Happy New Year!

Since the web-based dashboards have been decommissioned by Fitbit, I created a group in the Fitbit app.  I'm not sure if you're able to search for custom groups, but if you'd like an invite, you can shoot me a message and I'll send you a friend request so then I can invite you.

E783865B-86DE-4E20-8ADA-1BADD0E9F902.png

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

I created a group in the Fitbit app.  The leaderboard is only a 7 day total, so it's less intuitive than the monthly one that was on the web-based group, but at least there's some sort of leaderboard.  I'm not sure how others are able to search for closed groups, but if you want to be apart of the group, shoot me a message and I can invite you.  🙂

9E5A8270-6AF4-4083-B3D9-48EFE2EB8CFE.png

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I’ve just stumbled across this - is it possible to join in half way through the year or do I have to wait until next? Would my steps already done still count or would I now have to do twice as many 😳😀? How would I join, please?

Best Answer

As of EOD yesterday - Still Steppin!

Untitled.png

@JanFran75- Yes you can Join and since your steps for the year aren't tabulated in the group it doesn't matter. You just have to post what your current YTD numbers are like I just did here 🙂

Send @Heather-S a message and she can add you to the group.

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

I would love to join this group! I'm trying to get my steps up for a 10 miler I have challenged myself to in August. Challenges like this help to keep me motivated. 

Best Answer

My wife a I walk over 2500 miles every year since we retired 9 years ago. We are both 66 and enjoy walking even during the winter with temperatures well below -10 . 

Best Answer

Thank you for creating this new version of the group. Would you add me please?

Best Answer

@NHLeen Sure!  I have to add you as a friend and then I can add you to the group, so don't be surprised if you see a friend request from me.  Once you accept it I will add you.

Best Answer

Can I be added as well?

Best Answer

@moosechic Yes!  I sent you a friend request!  If you will accept it then I can invite you to the group.  🙂

Best Answer

Hi, is it possible for me to be added to the group too please? 

Cheers

C

Best Answer

@Carysw1 Sure!  I sent you a friend request.  Once you accept it, I can invite you to the group.  🙂

Best Answer

Is this group open to anyone?  I would be very much interested in it to help motivate/be motivated.  

Best Answer

@SteppingBooks Unfortunately right now, all member-created custom groups in the app are closed, so I have to invite you to it.  I sent you a friend request.  Once you accept my friend request, I will invite you to the group.  🙂

Best Answer

It's half way through 2019!  How is everyone doing?  I had a slow June, only did 160 miles, but I was ahead from previous months, so I'm still trending at 6.18 miles per day right now.  Definitely  need to be more active in July so I can stay ahead.

Total for 2019 as of 6/30/19:

Steps: 2,585,616

Floors: 1,796

Miles: 1,118.97

Only 900 more miles to go!

Best Answer

@Heather-S I saw something about the changes to groups lately.  Thank you! 🙂 

Best Answer

I would love to join this!

Best Answer

As of today (July 7th). Well on target.

Image 5.jpg

Best Answer

@cherbear1145 I sent you a friend request!  Once you accept it, I can add you to the group! 🙂

Best Answer

I've had serious set backs this year (emotional - Spouse's death in January; and physical - Foot Injury in May).  But I'm doing much better now and still hope to catch up and make it to 2019 in 2019.  Won't be easy, but I have a plan and motivation.

My biggest boost will be in September and October when I plan to walk the camino in Spain.  And in the interim, I started now doing a lot of daily walking.

Stats to date this year:

YTD July 7, 2019YTD July 7, 2019

Health Goals: Age gracefully, Walk more, Eat well, Lose weight, Be happy
Best Answer

I thought by sending a request that I might be able to join.

Is this not the case, or is the group now closed?

Best Answer
0 Votes