Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80-100K per day loggers

I'm new to Fitbit and I can;t see how people are logging this many steps a day unless that is all they do and have no life. Roughly 50 miles plus per day of walking? Anyone else wonder how this is possible day in and out? I don't think even marathon runners would log this many miles per day. 

Best Answer
189 REPLIES 189

Well I just mamaged to get another 100k day today. 2 times in 2 months I have done it & plan to do it once a month. I get 30k minimum Tues, Thurs, Sat & Sun & 40k minimum the other days. I work, I study & I still get it done.

I didn't work today & decided late last night I'd do it. I have had just over 4hrs sleep last night & once again it took me 10hrs to get my steps. 104k at the moment & about to hit bed.

For me it's nothing. I would have kept going but I was desperate for a shower.

I'll admit I don't get that daily.... I wish I did...... but to say that it's not possible....... I have people who see me do it throught the day .... they know I'm legit. Hubby asked me if I wanted him to do some for me..... I turned him down & he knows why..... he knows I either get it done myself or not at all. He also..... well everyone.... knows that when I set a goal I get it done..... I could be on one leg & half dead.... I'm getting the goal.

So before people start saying it's just not possible to do it or the 'average speed' crap..... perhaps next month I will in fact tape it all. Proof once and for all.

Best Answer

@PinkRayneDrop wrote:

I'll admit I don't get that daily.... I wish I did...... but to say that it's not possible....... I have people who see me do it throught the day .... they know I'm legit. 

I think most people are simply trying to figure how to reach the same goals themselves.

The problem with that is that you (and the other people reaching these goals) are obviously elite athletes. Most people will never run a marathon never mind a double-marathon in their lives. You run them on a fairly regular basis, and in a very respectable time. If you run a 50 miler in 10 hours you are likely running a sub 4 hour marathon, which is about an hour faster than the median female finisher marathon time. 

I think the disconnect in questioning numbers comes from not realizing the performance difference between high-level athletes with rigorus training schedules and regular joes. Running for 10 straight hours is so far beyond most of us it is hard to fathom. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh I dont run them. In fact I didnt leave the house at all yesterday. Far from an elite athelete at all, I'm fit yes but not elite. I can run 1/2 marathon easily, but it takes me 2hrs to do so. I could never run for 10hrs, not if I still wanted to study & do housework. Both of which I also did yesterday.

I got more than enough proof thatI did it legit. No added activities, no added steps or distance. All 100% legint...and not even on a wrist worn fitbit..... I'm old school...... hip for me where the steps come from.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PinkRayneDrop wrote:

Oh I dont run them. In fact I didnt leave the house at all yesterday. Far from an elite athelete at all, I'm fit yes but not elite. I can run 1/2 marathon easily, but it takes me 2hrs to do so. I could never run for 10hrs, not if I still wanted to study & do housework. Both of which I also did yesterday.

Then we are back to the question of how.

10k steps is roughly 5 miles on a fitbit. Meaning 100k steps is roughly 50 miles. 50 miles in 10 hours is a good ultramarathoners pace. You aren't acheiving it over the normal course of the day. Assuming you are a high level athlete to begin with, you are spending months and months training up to it, and it is a major event in your life.

Best Answer

I agree that it is a personal decision whether to strive for those large numbers.  I would like to see how a person gets 100k a day tho--I totally believe it can be done--but do you get to rest at all or is it perpetual motion?  I believe running adds up the fastest; but how many miles and how fast? I know how I struggle to get 10-15k steps in between job and other responsibilities so I am very curious about the method used to get these numbers.

Best Answer

@wildfern wrote:

I believe running adds up the fastest; but how many miles and how fast?

I've compared numerous fitbits and it all averages out to about 2,000 steps per mile. Therefore you would need to run approximately 50 miles to achieve 100,000 steps. 

Best Answer

@Winter_Walker wrote:

@PinkRayneDrop wrote:

10k steps is roughly 5 miles on a fitbit. Meaning 100k steps is roughly 50 miles. 50 miles in 10 hours is a good ultramarathoners pace. You aren't acheiving it over the normal course of the day. Assuming you are a high level athlete to begin with, you are spending months and months training up to it, and it is a major event in your life.

Nope no training. I woke up Thursday thinking.... 'I will do the 100k again tomorrow' and that was it. Friday I wake up & start going as usual. I easily get 10k in an hour....no running, my stride is bigger running anyway so that would mean a further distance for the steps. Marching on the spot allows faster movement due to not having to carry the whole leg forward & wait for the other, you can actually step double time in that 'step' ..... I have no need to train for it, I just know what I have to do per hour to do it & I make sure I do it.

I also did housework, bathed the dogs, studied & talked on the phone with my son for a while while playing an online game with him...... and still got it done in 10hrs. Those 7mins...... on the toilet for pee time.

103118k.PNG

Best Answer

@PinkRayneDrop wrote:

@Winter_Walker wrote:

@PinkRayneDrop wrote:

Nope no training. I woke up Thursday thinking.... 'I will do the 100k again tomorrow' and that was it. Friday I wake up & start going as usual. I easily get 10k in an hour....no running, my stride is bigger running anyway so that would mean a further distance for the steps. Marching on the spot allows faster movement due to not having to carry the whole leg forward & wait for the other, you can actually step double time in that 'step' ..... I have no need to train for it, I just know what I have to do per hour to do it & I make sure I do it.

I also did housework, bathed the dogs, studied & talked on the phone with my son for a while while playing an online game with him...... and still got it done in 10hrs. Those 7mins...... on the toilet for pee time.

103118k.PNG

I think the answer must be that your tracker is differently calibrated than most others and giving very different step counts. The only way I'm able to log very active minutes is vigourous exercise. 

Have you ever tracked your distance covered with GPS? I'm curious how close to the 50 miles you should be covering to achieve 100,000 steps you are comimg. 

Best Answer

Well it makes it hard to use GPS when inside, and that's where I am most of the time. MY garmin GPS would not last 10 hrs, it's designed for 8hrs anyway. I have a fitbit one so the steps are coming dircet from the source of the steps..... the hips. It's not a flex, charge or wrist worn one anyway so swinging my arms means nothing to it.  🙂 but I can't use gps while indoors.

I get very active mins daily anyway, I get roughly 200 a day anyway.

Best Answer

Running/stepping in place is certainly a new and different way of counting "steps."  It goes to show why people shouldn't compare themselves to other people until they know they are comparing apples with apples.  There certainly are as many different ways to exercise as there are people.

Best Answer

I loved your post. NKOTB and walkman references made me laugh. Keep it up! 😉

Best Answer

@PinkRayneDrop wrote:

lol legit 10k under an hour without running? ... its only possible if you are elite, and you are brisk walking, you cannot achieve that with just "walking very fast." you are doing things to take advantage of the system, but hey, you are moving, so its all good. not legit, but definitely a good way to burn calories.

i also have to say "2 hour, half marathon, easily" is slightly above-average, better than my time though (cause well, i am below average and i am terrible at running). if you trained, you'd definitely be elite.

Best Answer

Do these people not have jobs? I am on my feet, moving steadily, for the 8 hours I am at work and usually do some sort of fitness class in the afternoon. During the work week, I can usually get 20,000 steps. The highest I have ever logged was 35,000 and that was walking steady then power walking before bed to try to win a competition. Some of these 60,000 to 100,000 steppers are logging this number of steps daily. Either they are single and unemployed and do nothing but run all day long or something funky is going on. I can see you logging that number while running a marathon but not 7 days a week... every week. If these steps are logged by cycling, then please don't do head to head competitions with walkers-start a bikers group to go head to head in that group. I'm not hating on anyone Smiley Happybut I am super competitive and believe in a fair playing field. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I can imagine someone going out all day at like a theme park and being on your feet but I doubt it would be consistent walking.  Theme parks have you standing around a lot in line and unless you're bouncing up and down while you're waiting all the time, then I don't think it's possible to do so realistically and consistently.  Perhaps those who log those numbers do nothing else?  Or they're walking cross-country? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just ran the Pittsburgh Marathon on Sunday and also got my FIRST 45K badge. I finished in 3:34:55. I have the surge and I used the GPS during my run. I also walked about a mile to the race from my hotel and about a mile back. The afternoon was spent between eating (and having a few well deserved beers) and a little sight seeing/walking. I was spent. If you're hitting those kind of numbers on a daily basis you should be training for the Olympics because your a freak of nature (in a good way!).

Best Answer

I turn 40 this month.....getting 40k a day every day as my task. I can hit 50k a day no problem....and I work.... I also have a house to run as well and study to do.

I AM on my feet all day.... no sitting at all. Last time I sat (besides taking a **ahem** or pee) was 6 years ago. So how's that for on your feet all day?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you work standing and study standing? Working standing/walking is easy to understand since there are active jobs or things to be able to do an office job while standing (treadmill desk, for example), but I'm wondering about the studying while standing/walking?

I'm a biology student which means lots of biology, chemistry, math classes to do which means a lot of looking at textbooks and writing out equations and solving formulas. Do you have a treadmill desk at home to use for studying? Or how have you found a way to be standing/walking while studying? I'm curious because I wonder if your methods would work for me while I'm studying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought mine and i logged in 33,000 steps, 16 miles, and 63 floors climbed! Im a mail carrier though.

Best Answer

The answer is a Keyboard. 50K a day I think is possible but not everyday (unless somone has a lot of free time). 100k per day is defiantely cheating(unless you are 10 years old and devote a Saturday to stepping). 

The thing to realize is that it doesnt matter what other people are doing. They dont have to wear your waistline only you. You should focus on what you are doing and forget the rest. I bet the 100k step people could'nt run a mile with out stopping. I run 20-30 miles per week and only log 15-20k step per day. I know that my steps are honest and I can also use them effectively in myfitnesspal. 

At the end of the day you are the only one who crosses your own finish line. 

Best Answer
I got a 40K badge the day OH and I walked 8 3/4 miles, had some lunch, then walked back. I daresay the day I ran the London Marathon I may have been close to 60K, but my fitbit was out of commission, so I don't know for sure. Could I do either of those every day? Nope.
Best Answer