Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else using Beat Saber for cardio?

I only very recently bought a Fitbit and have been using it to track my heart rate, steps, weight training and cardio exercises. I love playing Beat Saber on the PS4. Does anyone else play Beat Saber for cardio exercise? And have you seen a benefit to this? Would love to hear your thoughts/experiences.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@DrKolver  I had to look up to see what it is. It looks like a sedentary activity even though I can imagine that it gets the HR way up with arm movements and overall excitement. Since your fitbit is a step counter, it won't generate steps of course, but the HR should provide you with an accurate enough calories burned data. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

@Snarkingjaymade a post about it last year, asking if it tracked steps or not  I also hadn't heard of it at that time. But from watching some videos of people playing, I could see it generating a decent cardio workout. Especially on expert mode. 🕺

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing my diet and playing Beat Saber every night on Expert mode with faster songs have brought my resting heart rate down from 85 to 62, and I lost 3.5kg in week. Seems to be working.

Best Answer

Hello!

I know I'm late to the party, but Beatsaber has been a big part of getting through my first 20lbs and back onto a skateboard.
Here are some things that worked for me:

• Turn on no fail
  • Play Expert+ for slow to mid tempo songs
  • Play Expert for high tempo songs
  • Put your legs into it

No fail will remove the idle time of constantly waiting for the song to restart. 

Without enough time between slashes, you can't put your legs into it (or even your whole arm).  The faster the blocks come at you, the more "fine motor" it gets, and movements transition from the shoulder to the wrist.  

There are a few songs that engage the legs regularly (Fitbeat, Burning Sands), and these help a lot.  You can create a custom playlist now, so find the songs that work for you and add them to the list! 

I still play it regularly, especially if I'm too beat up to go out for a skate.  And as a plus, it's fun 🙂 

Best Answer

Yes! I play Beat Saber all the time to get moving.  I do move around and dance with the songs as well as the arm movements.  It gets my heart rate up.  

Best Answer