Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancer

I have an inoperable cancer.  I must be treated with chemo  and radiation.  I don't want to stop being active but I would love suggestions to at least keep me moving.  I am 69 and my present step goal is 7000.  I haven't been able to reach that since I had pneumonia and then the cancer diagnosis.  I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

I still have 3 more chemos to make sure that if any particles are floating around they are killed.  I am getting neurogen  shots and may have to get a transfusion for iron deficiency anemia.  I am fortunate to be getting my treatment from the Seidman Cancer center which is part of University hospitals (Case Western Medical School) I'm not as active as I would like to be, but I try fo get over 3500 steps a day.  I would much rather be gardening, trimming and planting flowers as well as digging out weeds.  It too shall come. Take care all of you who are fighting major illness; keep the faith, keep positive and be as active as you can be without further damaging your health.

Best Answer

I still have 3 more chemos to make sure that if any particles are floating around they are killed.  I am getting neuprogen  shots and may have to get a transfusion for iron deficiency anemia.  I am fortunate to be getting my treatment from the Seidman Cancer center which is part of University hospitals (Case Western Medical School) I'm not as active as I would like to be, but I try fo get over 3500 steps a day.  I would much rather be gardening, trimming and planting flowers as well as digging out weeds.  It too shall come. Take care all of you who are fighting major illness; keep the faith, keep positive and be as active as you can be without further damaging your health.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So sorry to hear this. My wonderful husband had to go thru an extremely toxic chemo treatment last summer. We would take short walks the weeks he was off treatment (he had three rounds- 5 days per week- every other week). Don't expect to do anything around your chemo treatment days. Rest is so vital for recovery. Your body will let you know when it is ready.  Once his treatment was completed, we resumed walking several times per week- increasing time and pace slowly.   Good luck with everything!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I've had 12 treatments and 7 weeks of radiation. I just had 2 blood transfusions and will probably have more. But...the good news is that there is no trace of my inoperable tumor. I am weak, but by the grace of God all will be well.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Good news! Keep faith!.  I told my husband to think of something fun to look forward to when treatment was finished and he got his strength back- It helped get thru those 'bad' days.

Best Answer

That's great to hear you are so close!  How are you doing now?

Best Answer
0 Votes