Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Motivated

Having trouble getting motivated.  Need some suggestions to get moving? !

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Post your pic on Tinder and see how many matches you don't get.

Best Answer

Or what matches you do get~

Best Answer
0 Votes

What excuses do you currently have for not moving? I see you joined in November 2015: have you been wearing your Fitbit everyday since, or does it often end up stored in your cupboard? Have you set yourself a step goal and made a point to reach it, if not on a daily basis, at least on a weekly basis? Do you have friends, family, colleagues etc. who could join you (in whatever activities you choose to do)?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mukluk4 wrote:

Post your pic on Tinder and see how many matches you don't get.

😂😂😂🙊🙊🙊🙊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why do you want to get moving?

Write your reasons down and read them every morning and night. I find it helps me stay focused.

Best Answer

Motivation is like an emotion that will come and go. So as @MagsOnTheBeach already pointed out find the underlying reason why you want to do this. Also find things you enjoy. Whether that is dancing, running, boxing, cycling, playing with pets or kids in the family (the list is endless) and create a routine with those activities.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

@UnapologeticD wrote:

Having trouble getting motivated.  Need some suggestions to get moving? !

Rather than trying to do any exercise, just sit in front of your home computer. 

Whilst you're there, search for academic articles and research papers which examine the link between exercise and longevity. 

Select three papers at random from good quality peer reviewed journals and read them with a critical eye. 

Having read them, decide whether sitting in front of your computer is still for you, or whether you'd like to go for a brisk walk to the park!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer