Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stay #vacationfit?

Hi Fitbit Community!

I'm Leanna, and I'm on the Fitbit marketing team. We've been running a series this month on how to stay healthy while on vacation (check out our blog for tips!), and as part of that we've been asking users to share out pictures of how they're staying fit on vacation. We've been getting a lot of great images – you can see some examples here, here, or here – but we'd love to see some from the community as well!

If you've taken any great pics while out with your Fitbit, share them below to help inspire others to be #vacationfit. We may want to share a few with our fans, in which case we'll message you individually for permission before doing so. 

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

This is awesome @Leanna! I might go on vacations soon. I hope to upload some great pictures while exercising with my Charge HR and my doggy. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Cat LOL I love to travel and im always on the go. Ever since I got the fitbit I stay motivated to workout or keep moving. Usually a lot of people say they dont want to workout while their on vacation or they just dont know how. But I consider most summer vacations a workout especially going from the airport to the beach to the hotel. I do plenty of road trips and especially to beachy areas so I use the beach as my gym. The sand itself is a workout to walk in. For example, I recently went up north Michigan to Ludington where I found beautiful beachs and what I did was run on the sand, and did glute workouts, jumping, climbing, swimming is a big workout that most people dont realize while their on vacation because its also relaxing, and just simply walking from end to end of the beach. While staying in hotels there are many equipments to use for a quick workout such as one that I recently discovered simply just using a pillow. you can workout abs, glutes, thighs, and back just using a pillow for balance and to increase your heart rate. Ill post pictures soon to show some examples of vacation workouts. 

Best Answer

Vacation at PCB FL.  Walking in the sand is real exercise.  Problem is that I cannot get Sync Connect on my tablet.  So I do not know if there will be any steps logged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Going on a two week golfing trip to Thailand late November. I do not have a laptop or tablet etc, plus I do not have my mobile on an Internet plan. Would somebody in the community be able to advise me as to how I may be able to log my daily activities and food stats.

I am guessing that I may have to purchase a laptop and do it all through that?

Regards,

Milko

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am really into keeping my weight off and running is part of my life. So on vacation I pack more workout clothes and running shoes than regualr clothes. My Fitbit Flex is always with me, running or walking around Silver Dollar City while on vacation.IMG_20150705_065547.jpg

Best Answer

Our most frequent vacation destination is the Mexican Riviera on a gorgeous white sand beach. My wife loves water volleyball, so while she is doig that I go for a morning run on the beach. It is really special because although it is usually warm and sunny and I am sweating like a racehorse, the water is lapping at my feet and all I need to do is run a bit further into it and I'm all wet and feel wonderful.

It doesn't get any better . . .

Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes
WOW Pete, vacationing in the Mexican Riviera, how lucky can you be, enjoying a great run on the beach. With the site and sounds that are associated, with the crashing waves and bathing beauties. Keep up the fitness.
RK
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone,

Just decided to share my fittness vacation story. Happily my husband and I went on a month's vacation to the Kimberley and far north Western Australia. We camped and drove our 4 wheel drive over many ruggered roads. I walked, swam, climbed over rocks and down gorges. We put our tent up and down most days while away and I had the job of rolling up the sleeping mats. The goal was to get fitter and lose a couple of extra kilos.

I believe I exceeded my average steps by alot during this month. I was diligent to keep the fitbit charged. So on my return home I was looking forward to checking my progress to find that for most of that time there has been no recording. I presume as we were out of mobile contact for most of this time we were also out of satalite contact as well.

It's a good lesson about getting hooked on technology. We had a fantastic adventure, I lost a kilo and am much fitter and trimmer that when I left. My fitbit record does not indicate this change so I am having a bit of a laugh at myself.

Cheers,

Cecilia

Best Answer

I'm heading to England this week and exercise won't be taking a back seat haha. I plan on a lot of walking and simple body-weight exercises! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is motivating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to try an enter a 5K when on vacation just for fun....  here's a pic from this years 2015 Salt Games in Myrtle Beach,SC... a great 5K that incorporates the boardwalk, beach and the ocean... doesn't get much better than that!

SteveAt2015MBSCSaltGamesMastersWinner.jpg

Best Answer

Way to go Wanch. Taking time to do a 5K while on vacation and having the ocean as a back drop, has to be fantastic.

Best Answer
I love to go where the ocean $ fresh seafood is. I walk more, swim more,
eat fish & seafood, great salads & sometimes a light breakfast. Now that I
have walk fit I can't wait to take it down to the Florida Keys with me!
Best Answer

Thanks dude...  adds to the good times and great memories when on vacation!

Best Answer

I am traveling to Hawaii on vacation and signed up for the Kauai half marathon. Seemed like a good idea at the time Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

Is it at the start of your vacation or at the end? Either way, you will have a great story to tell.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is the last day of the vacation ! 

Best Answer

Nothing like getting on a plane after running 13.1 miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha ! I will have 24 hours before getting on the flight. Flight is next AM. 

Best Answer
0 Votes