Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many steps do you average at work?

Interested in hearing the number of steps (a rough average) that people get at work. Post what you do, how many hours your work day is, and the number of steps you usually get.

I work in marketing for a ski resort, so the summers are slow with a lot of time at the desk, and the winters are busier. Work day is 8 hours + lunch, averaging about 5K - 6K steps now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
53 REPLIES 53

project manager for a communications company. had my fitbit for about 2 weeks now and look to be averaging 5-8k steps at work with after work walks between 7 and 14k steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do residential and commercial tile carpet and upholstery cleaning. Everyday I average 35k to a bit over 40k a day.

Best Answer

I work 8 hours + an hour lunch, I sit at a desk all day and I drive in. I average somewhere between 3-5k most days. Though sometimes I will go for a walk on my lunch break and after work and I will be close to 9k.

Terri Taylor
Best Answer
0 Votes

I work in a huge warehouse(s) and my time is split between working a forklift and some hands on lifting, loading and walking. On an average 8-9 hour day I usually go about 18K. I set my goal for 20K and by the time I get home I've hit my goal. If I don't, I will walk around the hour for 5 min. to make the 20K happen! Haha. I just bought this Charge 3 last month and I imagine I will hit maybe 30K steps a day when the weather gets a bit better (I live in the Chicago area..yes winter sucks here too).
 It is a wonderful little motivational tool!

Best Answer

I get 10K TO 15K at work 

Best Answer

In 8 hours at work, I probably average 24000+

After I go to the gym, I'm right around 30,000

Best Answer

I’m a Realtor which means a lot of time in the car, a lot of desk time, and long hours. I’m struggling to hit 6000 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's very interesting to see how it varies according to the profession, I usually get no more than 7,000, but I have a desk job as well, so I definitely have to walk a little but more when get off from work to reach my target. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I'm around 5K at the moment. I can't do a lunchbreak walk as it's just too hot here, so I'm using my standing desk more.

Best Answer

15k to 20k

Best Answer

That's a great idea @nottelling, using a standing desk. 😱

Best Answer
0 Votes

I clean and maintain business (such has factories, bureau's etc and I do an average of 15k per 8hrs shift.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums @Ellebazi

That's a good number of steps per day 😎, I'm slowly trying to get to that number. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a carpenter constantly moving and my inspire 2 says I do 12000 on average I think it’s inaccurate

Best Answer