Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low resting heart rate (too low?)

IMG_1795.PNG

IMG_1796.PNG

So just wanting opinions. Back ground :

22yr female. 

SW:196 CW:164 took about a year because I'd slack sometimes. I've lost 10 pounds since march(2017).

No known major health problem except being overweight since I'm only 5'4.

Anyways I've always had a Lower heart rate but it's dropped and sort of scares me. I've had ekgs , xray and blood work all normal except pvcs. I've talked to my dr's and a cardiologist and they all say it's okay since I'm young. 

I'm not an athlete only recently started working out. Had my thyroid checked and came back within normal ranges according to the lab standards. I do sometimes get dizzy but nothing crazy& I check my HR then and it's actually around 80 or so. I do plan on seeing another cardiologist within two weeks to check again. My dr told me she only referred me is for my peace of mind. Does anyone have this and it be normal? Just kind of freaking out:/ 

a lower heart rate also runs in my family if that matters. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
42 REPLIES 42

@SarahLucy145 I'm the exact same way. Resting can be in 40's, when i go push it on a run i can get to mid 160's and thats about it. My pvc's also fluctuate with eating, i feel like they happen more if i eat sugar. I haven't had any testing other than having it listened to by my primary. He encouraged me that pvc's are very common and that i shouldn't worry. Good to hear you had no positive findings on your testing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you followed up with your primary physician, it is impossible for physicians to be experts in every specialty.

They are human as are you and I. 

Best Answer

My resting heart rate is usually between 45 to 50. Interestingly i found out recently that my mom's RHR is also the same hence i think it is genetic. 

It is normal for some people however follow your doctor's advice as they know best. 

Best Answer
0 Votes