Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK, what is your cardio score and age?

Curious to,see what members will post. I am 74 and my cardio score is 53. I have been recording my running miles for nearly 42 years (currently at 88,3xx miles and counting).

For those of you into VO2 mine is listed with my Garmin running watch as 44.Very grateful to still be running 40-50 miles a week.. Remember, there is no finish line. Nick

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

@LongRunNick good for you! I hope I keep going for the next 30 years too 🙂

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I'm 49 (will be 50 in July), and my score is 29-33. But then I only began my fitness journey a couple of years ago.

Best Answer

How do you get the score. I only get a range 48-52. The little dot is above 49.6

Best Answer

Cardio score and VO2 have more to do with your Max HR and the intensity and a little bit about duration of your run. Age is a factor as well as M/F. I have noticed over the last 4 decades my Max HR has dropped as well as my VO2 max. 

So, the number of years you have run won’t necessarily your Cardio score. Read up on how to get your Max HR. Pretty much the old mythic formula of 220- your age.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you answer my posted question I will reveal the answer:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge2 tells me I'm in the 32-36 range.

Current Weight: 286

Best Answer
0 Votes

Almost 33 female, 5'5 and 112lbs.  45-49 fitness score which is considered excellent for my age.  I do not run or do much cardio at all.  I lift weights and do HIIT.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I'm 37 and according to Fitbit, my cardio score is 68-72 and says excellent for my age. 

Best Answer

I'm 89 and my cardio score is 45-49 which is considered excellent.

Best Answer

Wow!! Just curious what your training regimen encompasses. I am just a youngster(74).

Do you compete in road races? Interested in your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing special anymore, Nick.  I have COPD  which limits me considerably these days.  I do walk 3 miles daily at as brisk a pace as my mind can convince my body to do.  That used to be 8 miles but has gradually decreased as the COPD has progressed.

I had quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery 18 years ago but that never held me back. 

Best Answer

Male 53, fitness score of 47-51, which according to the app and other charts, is excellent for my age.  I only ride a bike share 10-12 miles a day to/from work.  I was always wondering why I can't get this bike up to 20-25mph like I use to decades ago, thinking its because this 50LB upright sitting position piece of hunk with fat tires is limiting my speed. now I look up some VO2 max charts, my range of 47-51 would be average for a 20-24 yr old, no wonder I could barely pedal the bike share to a decent speed.

Best Answer

Male

Age 67

Range 45 - 49

BMI 28.3

Range & age going up, BMI going down.  I hope to have a cardio score of over 50 by the end of the year through a combination of weight loss & light cardio.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

I'm 37 and according to Fitbit, my cardio score is 68-72 and says excellent for my age. 

I'm 58 and Fitbit says I'm 46-50

@SunsetRunner -- your score is quite the outlier on the high side -- what's your background?  How much do you weigh, and what kind of events and times are you running?

Best Answer

@LongRunNick -- Interesting thread.  I love that you are recording your running miles for nearly 42 years.  

I'm male, 57, and have been recording my biking miles for 22 years.  (76,894 as of January 31, 2018).  No particular weekly goals for bike.  Just use it to get around.  Cardio score is 56.

For those who asked how to get a more precise score as opposed to the range.  You need a fitbit that both reads your heart rate and GPS - either on the watch (Surge, Ionic), or connected via your phone (Charge HR, Charge 2).  More here.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

Nothing special anymore, Nick.  I have COPD  which limits me considerably these days.  I do walk 3 miles daily at as brisk a pace as my mind can convince my body to do.  That used to be 8 miles but has gradually decreased as the COPD has progressed.

I had quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery 18 years ago but that never held me back. 

@SunsetRunner -- you, sir, are an inspiration.  89, COPD, bypass surgery, and you are still kicking our butts!

Best Answer

Thank you, Dave.

Best Answer

I am 60. Fitbit says 41, but my Garmin says 36. I tend to think that my Garmin fenix 5 is way more accurate than fitbit (even though i wish it wasn't).

I can run a mile in about 11:30 if I push it, so 36 sounds way closer to reality than 41.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Daves_Not_Here I started running last year as a support for my weight loss. Because of asthma, I was very hesitant to do any vigorous physical activity until then and I was living very sedentary life ( software engineer, sitting all day long 😄 ). I'm a recreational runner but back then I pushed myself to the limits doing 3 times a week 10k runs and 2 times a week 5-8k including HIIT. Once every two weeks, I had a test-run which was run-for-your-life type - a murder but interestingly I started getting better and better in it. Now I had winter break from running ( asthma and cold air don't play well together ), so then I added the gym and working on muscles while keeping cardio on the right level. In other words, I didn't do anything special. This year I want to run 2x 10k runs and maybe ( chance one-in-a-million so it might just work 😄 ) train for a half marathon. My weight now is between 50-51kg ( my height is 154cm so as a short guy my weight also should be lower ). I went down from 76kg ( or 74, I don't quite remember ). It may not look like a lot, but considering my height, that was already lower border of obesity for me. For training, I used plan made by Endomondo to prepare me for my first 5k charity run. I didn't expect too much, but it worked brilliantly for me. Now I can't wait till winter goes away in the UK and get into outdoor running again. I do treadmill from time to time, but I'm not fond of it ( one thing that is boring, but once you run outdoor the treadmill doesn't feel like running really ). And that's pretty much it 🙂

Best Answer