Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK, what is your cardio score and age?

Curious to,see what members will post. I am 74 and my cardio score is 53. I have been recording my running miles for nearly 42 years (currently at 88,3xx miles and counting).

For those of you into VO2 mine is listed with my Garmin running watch as 44.Very grateful to still be running 40-50 miles a week.. Remember, there is no finish line. Nick

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

I have arrhythmia with steady acceleration. My resting HR is like 76, and it can shoot up into cardio range just from walking. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with palpitations over 120. I am underweight (5'2 and weight 103), so I don't do much strenuous exercise. My FitBit will often log me "working out hard" when I do household chores like laundry.

I'm 37 and female. My cardio fitness number is 42 which they say is very good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

My Charge2 tells me I'm in the 32-36 range.

Current Weight: 286

My score went up to 38-42 today. Nice!

Current Weight: 284

Best Answer

I would like to add that you people who are showing a range (XX-XX) and not a number, that your device has not yet calculated your fitness score. You must do a run using the run app to get your actual number.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bcalvanese I've done that a lot. Plenty of running last year ( 3 times a week 10k ) and the device never showed me a number. I use running apps as well as I was tracking running using Fitbit app. I'm aware of that cardio score depends on the running but it has never been calculated for me as a number despite running a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

I'm aware of that cardio score depends on the running but it has never been calculated for me as a number despite running a lot.

Yes, but did you specifically record it as a run, and with GPS (unless you have a Surge or an Ionic, in which case GPS will automatically be used)? What Fitbit model do you have? I’m not sure models like the Alta HR would support single number cardio fitness scores, if you can’t record an activity with them. You definitely can get a single number with Surge, Charge 2 and Ionic. Ideally, you would run on flat ground for just above 10 minutes, at the maximum pace you can sustain for that period of time.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique yes, I recorded my runs using GPS and selecting manually "Run" in the app. Never worked though to show a single number in my cardio score. The running path that I usually take is mostly flat and every two weeks I had to run like hell for 15 minutes as a "test" run due to my training plan. None of it made my cardio score down to a single number.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

@Dominique yes, I recorded my runs using GPS and selecting manually "Run" in the app. Never worked though to show a single number in my cardio score. The running path that I usually take is mostly flat and every two weeks I had to run like hell for 15 minutes as a "test" run due to my training plan. None of it made my cardio score down to a single number.

If you don't have GPS built into the watch, Fitbit requires you to use connected GPS, that is, GPS relayed from the phone to the watch.  They don't accept Fitbit's apps' built in activity tracking's (MobileRun) GPS data, combined with the watch's heartrate data as a valid 'fitness test'.  Its either because they want you upgrade to their latest watch (as some suggested), or they don't bother going back to modify their legacy code to give it new features.

Best Answer

@phatbitzr I've been using connected GPS starting activity on the watch ( Charge 2, it does connect to the mobile phone's GPS ) as well as starting it in the app. Nothing worked back then. I always saw a range of numbers in my cardio score. Anyway, it's not something I'm really concerned and if it doesn't work properly, it's just yet another thing in Fitbit ecosystem. Getting used to that 😛

Best Answer

@Dominiquewrote:

You definitely can get a single number with Surge, Charge 2 and Ionic. 

Correcting myself: Surge doesn’t support cardio fitness score at all, even if it has GPS. Can’t vouch for Ionic either, since I haven’t been able to run outdoors in optimal conditions with it yet, due to climatic restrictions. This leaves Charge 2 that definitely got me a single number score. Even took a snapshot back then:

cardiofitness1.jpg

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My cardio score was up to 56 and then suddenly plummeted to 32 despite my activity staying the same or perhaps a little higher.  I run 3x week and attend gym/classes 6x week.  It is very slowly starting to clime but only up to 38 after 6 months so am really confused.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a 62 year old male and am 5'10" and weigh 145 lbs.  My current score is 61-65 range.  My resting heart rate averages 42 BPM.

Best Answer

Great results, guys!

Best Answer
0 Votes

60 years old.  Started getting in shape again about 5 years ago.  Currently my Cardio Score is 41-45 (excellent) and a resting pulse of 71 (although all of the smoke where I'm living may have something to do with that.  It had been mid-60's.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see it’s been 3 years since you posted this. Any changes now that you’re 77?

I’m 58 and have been playing ice hockey for nearly 30 years. Since covid in 2020 I’ve played more golf than I have in 30 years combined, because ice was on lock down. 

I’ve also been working out every day with my wife for the past 265 days. I’ve lost 30lbs over the past 3 years and I’m maintaining at 180lbs/fat 18% according to my Fitbit Aria scale. My BMI is also down from 28 to 23 and I’m using MyFitnessPal to log and watch my macro/micro. RHR is 58-61

Recently my fitness Level went from a 47 back to a range of 47-51 (excellent for men my age) and I’m wondering if this is because I haven’t been running due to the snow we’ve been having in NY. 

I’ve only started running in 2020 and mostly ran 3k’s alone, a couple of 6k’s and (1) 10k in December 51 mins 47 secs. 

1. Why did my level go back to a range?

2. How can I bring my number up?

Thank you

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm 74 and score is 49. Tennis player and hiker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

58 yrs old.

170 lbs

2 heart attacks (2015/2018).

Work out at home ... weights (weights/run combo in summer)

Fitness score: 48 - 52

IMG_0D546FBBD9A1-1.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

My age is 51 and I didn't do much for my fitness until recently. Yet strangely my Cardio fitness has dropped from 48 to 52 when I first started to 43 to 47 now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

61 cardio fitness score of 53 to 57 with resting heartbeat 60bpm. Metabolic age of 56 on Renpho scales after 6 years of retirement. Dont do much excercise because of lifelong Asthma. 

Best Answer

That’s AWESOME!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am 61 and cardio range of 43 to 47. A former runner, now walking/hiking, dance, and strength training.  

where are you seeing the small dot and one score?  i just see a range.

Best Answer
0 Votes