Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK, what is your cardio score and age?

Curious to,see what members will post. I am 74 and my cardio score is 53. I have been recording my running miles for nearly 42 years (currently at 88,3xx miles and counting).

For those of you into VO2 mine is listed with my Garmin running watch as 44.Very grateful to still be running 40-50 miles a week.. Remember, there is no finish line. Nick

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

@Provenance to see a number not range you need to feed the algoritm with activity like run with GPS (10 to 12min, threshold to max effort and flat surface). This is usual test protocol for VO2Max. If you can't provide that then Fitbit gives you range as an estimate based on available data. At least, ot used to work like that.

Best Answer

61 cardio fitness 52 to 56 resting heartbeat 59 to 62

Best Answer

Age 58 and fitbit score of 42 ... excellent for my age. I Walk or bike for 1+ hours 5-6 times per week most weeks ... I hate running ... it feels brutal on my body ...

Best Answer

Very impressive LongRunNick.

My range is between 40 and 44. I'm 67 years old. Weight is 218 pounds. Height is 6'1". I'm male. Resting heart rate varies between 56 and 58.

Best Answer
0 Votes

71 and cardio fitness 49 to 53. Was higher before I had covid. Getting back up there. Aim for at least 100 active minutes per day through running, cycling and walking.

Best Answer

61 rhb. 53 to 57 cardio. Age 62

Athmatic since birth

Best Answer

I’m 67 with cardio score of 47 to 51. My routine includes long brisk walks, weight training and Pilates/Yoga. Until my retirement, I was an on/off fitness enthusiast, a result of lack of time. Work and kids always came first and sometimes there was no room for exercise, except for walking. This was my go-to stress reducer and I often walked home from work to clear my mind. I could justify the time (45 minutes) as it was only slightly more than my 30-minute bus commute. No doubt the walking kept me fit.

Best Answer

that is a fantastic score for your age 

Best Answer

50 year old male. 6'2", a little under 14 stone.

Sedentary lifestyle. Not run for sometime. I play Padel and tennis weekly. On average I probably get 10000 steps a day but often I do very little.

Cardio fitness measured on versa 3 is 49 to 53.

Resting heart rate as low as 46 bpm but usually 49. Very rarely get into the cardio zone, and if I do, it's not for long. 

I think Fitbit only tells a particular type of truth. I have better cardio fitness score now than when I ran a marathon, but not by much.

I don't feel as fit now as compared to when I did more running and had a lower cardio fitness score.

Best Answer

I’m 67 with cardio score of 47 to 51. My routine includes long brisk walks, weight training and Pilates/Yoga. Until my retirement, I was an on/off fitness enthusiast, a result of lack of time. Work and kids always came first and sometimes there was no room for exercise, except for walking. This was my go-to stress reducer and I often walked home from work to clear my mind. I could justify the time (45 minutes) as it was only slightly more than my 30-minute bus commute. No doubt the walking kept me fit.

Best Answer

61 y.o., 54 to 58 cardio score range with resting heart rate in low to mid 50's. Started Fitbit journey in Dec. 2022 and upped my score by 14 pts over that period and lost 40 lbs and now in BMI center of normal range. 

1000005995.jpg

Best Answer

I strive to be at your level in 15 years!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome!!!
Best Answer

62. 53 to 57 score, 59 to 60 resting heart beat. Need to lose 2kg . Score should then improve. Seems to be sensitive to weight. 

Well done with your score. 

Best Answer
Mine is between 40 and 44.
I feel good about the range.
Very impressed by those with higher numbers.
Best Answer

Congratulations! That’s impressive!

Best Answer

I just discovered the Fitbit Community due to my looking for help for a messed-up update to the Sleep function for my Charge 5. (No luck.)

I hope my post finds you well and active! Your post raises an important question.

I'm 73 and cycle over 5000 miles/yr, about half paved and half trail. I cycled hard, but slow. For example, a 42 mile ride, all paved, will be 14 to 15 mph. I might go high intensity for 4 or 5 miles over a 42 mile ride.

My cardio score is and has been 56 to 60 for the yr that I've had my Charge 5. I think it's most driven by resting heart rate, which is 48 to 51. Once, my resting heart rate increased to 52 or 53 for a few days (while traveling--no cycling), and my cardio score dropped a point or two--but it went right back up when I started cycling again and my resting pulse went back down to normal. (I get a range for cardio score because I don't run; I only cycle (and do lots of yard work).) 

The other real-life variable is that I present with considerable widening of blood vessels due to a scrambling autonomic nervous system (under-active sympathetic nervous system) and histamine system (high levels of histamines, esp during strenuous exercise). This lowers my heart rate, which the Charge 5 picks up. My heart rate averages 125 to 135 for long rides with brief peaks of 170 to 190. The widening of blood vessels also lowers my blood pressure, sometimes a little too low immediately after cycling, but Charge 5 doesn't pick that up, although it is a vital component of cardiovascular health.

Frankly, it's hard to put much faith in the Fitbit analytical outputs--even, to a lesser extent, its data outputs. Analytical outputs (and maybe some data outputs!) are based on algorithms that Fitbit/Google declines to publish, as proprietary info, so it's impossible to assess their validity, except through the laborious process of comparing Fitbit scores, such as cardio scores, to real life cardiovascular performance, person by person. I view the cardio scores as a very very general indicator that, in some unknown percentage of the population, is utterly meaningless! And, who knows, I might be in that population for whom my cardio score means absolutely nothing--except maybe to earn me some sort of heart badge of Fitbit Cardiovascular Merit!!

Peace.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think the cardio score is a perfect science either as one said above that the algorithm is heavily weight dependent as well as resting heart rate. However even if it's 10% higher when you get to scores like where you are it's highly likely an accurate VO2 score would be at a minimum mid range excellent condition. 

Best Answer
0 Votes