Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps recorded while I was sleeping

ANSWERED

I was in bed watching the news and checked my Fitbit . It showed 17 steps. I had not moved since the night before. Strange things happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sleeperrors2 Wrist worn trackers will record steps overnight, because you dont stay completely still when you are asleep and your Fitbit will think some of those movements are steps. 17 steps is very small number for sleeping - I often get a couple of hundred - but it is still a pretty insignificant number and wont make much of a difference to the daily total.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @sleeperrors2 Wrist worn trackers will record steps overnight, because you dont stay completely still when you are asleep and your Fitbit will think some of those movements are steps. 17 steps is very small number for sleeping - I often get a couple of hundred - but it is still a pretty insignificant number and wont make much of a difference to the daily total.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi - mine has recorded over 1,000 during my sleep last night. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Emmagrace25, I'll be glad to help you with your Fitbit device since it tracked steps while you were sleeping.

Please let me know what Fitbit model you have. In the meantime, restart your device as described in this help article. After this, monitor your Fitbit device and see if the issue gets fixed.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes