Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re thrilled to share that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see it right away, as it will take some time to roll out to everyone.

The redesigned Fitbit app is here to help you reach your goals, which features are you most excited to try out? Let us know in the comments below!

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

I am NOT happy with the new Home Screen. 😠
It no longer shows my current weight. It only shows how much I’ve lost and how much I still have to lose. I’m sure for some people it is a good thing that their weight is not displayed immediately upon opening the app. Maybe it should be an option instead.

Best Answer

I'm ready to give the new app a try, but I don't see where you can check the battery status.  🤔  Am I missing something?😶

Best Answer

The update is extreme! Such an improvement and it is the visuals, the look and feel, that is most impressive along with the option to show what I am focusing on directly at the start.

I also liked the coach section and that the instructors are given more room. The mindfulness advice was… good I think? It showed a rainforest session and the last thing I remember last night was clicking on it? I guess it’s working even though it felt somewhat embarrassing to log a mindful session of over 9 hours.

Thanks for this update and I hope the developers get a lot of credit, because I at least think they made a huge leap in software quality this time.

Best Answer

I found it. Click on the upper left icon.

Best Answer

Not able to edit a "workout" to something else like gardening or cleaning when using the app on my android phone. Can open the edit feature, but then no keyboard appears, so can't edit it. Had to resort to using the dashboard on the website.

The look of the new home screen is attractive and I like that you can choose what mix of goals /metrics you want to view at a quick glance, however the functionality isn't as polished as the previous version. 

Best Answer

It is terrible. No improvement. Just bad design.

Best Answer

 Just wondering how to interpret the different progress circles, for instance, the food tile shows a circle with three different segments, only one is filled and there’s a little black dot, how do I read it? And where can I see current device charge % in the app?

IMG_0948.jpeg

Best Answer

Agreed 

It doesn’t seem like an intuitive progress circle to read. I think I understand it now, but I’m not 100% certain?

Having something explaining how to read the progress circles would be appreciated? A YouTube or post from Fitbit, providing further detail of the update and rationale behind some of the changes?

Best Answer

Looks good but I set my focus to sleep & now cannot get it to change back to steps??

Best Answer

Pen icon in the upper right corner - Swipe left - Check box in the upper right corner of the focus you want

I hope that fixed if for you.

Best Answer

I downloaded/installed the iOS versoin of the new app on my iPhone 13 today, and I like it. It’s a little irritating to re-learn the app, but after about 1/2 day I’m getting used to it. It works equally well on my Charge 5 and my good ol’ Blaze. Two thumbs up.

Active: Charge 5, Blaze
Retired: Charge HR, Versa
Happy Fitbit User since 2016
Best Answer

After 24 hours with the new app - - - I love it! After getting used to navigation and the ui it works really well, with both the Blaze and the Charge 5. The only thing I miss is the “home” button that was always on the bottom left in the old app. Thumbs definitely up.

Active: Charge 5, Blaze
Retired: Charge HR, Versa
Happy Fitbit User since 2016
Best Answer

Is there any way to reduce the size so I can get my dashboard back down to something like a single screen size?

Best Answer

I really like the new app, the only thing I can't figure out is that I was on a 81 days step streak, how does step streaks work in the new app, is my streak lost??

Best Answer

Where is my battery icon?? It said it was “medium “ this morning and now it’s dead!! 
I miss the battery percentage 😞

Best Answer

The new app is awful. I detest everything about it. If I started to lay out all the reasons it is horrible, it would take over an hour. Suffice it to say, I am already shopping for an Apple watch, which is huge, because I dislike Apple.

I am incredibly disappointed. I used to love my Fitbit 😞

Best Answer

You should be embarrassed.

iIt’s ugly, unhelpful, unfriendly, unreadable, and an assortment of other “uns.” Not to mention pointless, all the while robbing us of features we rely upon (battery charge level!) while not even bothering to add your vaunted and constantly touted Relax feature. I mean, why go to all this trouble to remove usefulness?

And who thinks health metrics should clutter space ABOVE one’s actual heart rate?

Do you truly support health? It doesn’t look that way. 

Best Answer

we need the battery charging status and percentage. 

how do we get this in as a bug fix?

your tech team would not have removed it intentionally? 

Best Answer

the battery icon does not provide percentage, nor does it provide status if watch is actually charging, like we used to have for years.

Best Answer