Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

Any good suggestions of bands to check out?  Have recently rediscovered Power Metal and enjoy it for working out for the same reasons. Some of the ones on my playlist are:

Hammerfall, Masterplan, Iron Savior, Firewind, Powerwolf, and Helloween. 

Best Answer

@VinceD wrote:

Any good suggestions of bands to check out?  Have recently rediscovered Power Metal and enjoy it for working out for the same reasons. Some of the ones on my playlist are:

Hammerfall, Masterplan, Iron Savior, Firewind, Powerwolf, and Helloween. 

Of course! Those are all good. I listen to Edguy, Alestorm, Manowa, Sonata Artica, Holy Grail, Gloryhammer, Dragonforce, Gamma Ray and you absolutely must listen to Riding a Black Unicorn by Aurelio Voltaire. The lyrics are so epic and make you just want to ride a black unicorn down the side of an erupting volcano! Oh also Van Canto is pretty cool because they are acapella and it is amazing!

Best Answer

Disco 🙂

Best Answer

Yup!!! They're awsome..... i loke there covers of old music :musical_notes: 

Best Answer

@Megzzzx Awesome selection of Power Metal bands! I should add Rhapsody of Fire (recently saw them live) to that playlist. It is very nice to do some exercise as well.

Other good bands from that genre or similar; Elvenking, Stratovarius, Axxis, Sabaton, Running Wild, and so many others! 

My recommendation for today's cardio... Stratovarius - Speed of Light. So, we can run faster! Smiley Very Happy 🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@SantiR I do enjoy Stratovarius, Axxis, and Sabaton a lot. I will have to listen to the others!

Best Answer

I would have to say YMCA by the village people and probably most of their songs. Elvis can get me there.

Best Answer

Roll Deep "When I'm ere".. its been my gym track for years! Stormzy never fails to push me past the pain barrier either. And of course Britney Spears "Work **ahem**!"

Best Answer

I'm a movie person, so here are some of my faves. Basically, if it's obviously a superhero theme song, it'll make me feel like a superhero listening to it.

• Is She With You? - Wonder Woman Theme (Batman vs Superman)
  • Dream is Collapsing (Inception)
  • Magneto (X-Men: First Class)
  • Technically, Missing (Gone Girl)

Of course, Amy Dunne isn't technically a superhero, but still...

Nikki | NYC
Flex | Mac | Android Samsung Galaxy S5
Best Answer

Top 10 Songs Played on my Workout Playlist

¿Como Me Llamo Yo?  (Tego Calderon)

Calle Luna Calle Sol  (Willie Colon)

Feels Just Like It Should  (Jamiroquai)

Hustin'  (Rick Ross)

I've Got a Feeling  (The Beatles)

Purple Haze  (Jimi Hendrix)

Jesus Pasando  (Alex D' Castro)

On to the Next One  (Jay-Z)

Youth  (Matisyahu)

Viva La Vida  (Cold Play)

Best Answer

Yes i like those tunes.  I also liked "Bird with a hole in stomach" by Buckethead"

Thanks for the recommendation.

Best Answer

I love my lips  veggietales Cat HappyCat Very HappyRobot Very HappyMan Indifferent

Best Answer

Lately, the best song for any kind of exercise for me is "Dig" by Mudvayne. It sounds so aggressive, perfect for doing those hard exercises that hurts so much! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Muse ....any tracks really...love them!

Best Answer

Balada by Gustavo Lima. Its in Portuguese and I have no idea what he's saying but it gets me going. Heres a link:

https://youtu.be/wnDnH0CsqLE

Also recently my sons have gotten me into the original version of Despecito by Luis Fonsi .Again no idea what he's saying but it makes me move.

Heres a link to that one:

https://youtu.be/kJQP7kiw5Fk

Shakira is always a good go to ...

Best Answer
A song that really motivates my is pretty much all drake and some nice today's hits something happy and cheerful to get me bouncing like can't stop the feeling by Justin Timberlake

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

yes Cant stop the feeling is a great song to move to or anything with a happy beat 🙂  mostly country 

Best Answer

Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance. Love it!

Best Answer

Among all of the songs​ I listen to whiles working out,the one that gets me into overdrive like there's no tomorrow are: no limit by Usher. My number one song that sends me into a work out frenzy is More by Usher, this one gets me ready and hyper.You guys should try it.😋

Best Answer

Fine by Mary J - an oldy but a goody.😉

Best Answer