Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is considered a 'very active minute'?

ANSWERED

I am just curious what causes fitbit to recognize a minute of activity as 'very active;' I keep thinking I am active and do not seem to get much credit.

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

There is no continuity with the 'active minutes' - no rhyme or reason for what it records.  Whoever programmed this or came up with the parameters of what is decided is totally off base.  It used to be better but now it's completely unreliable.  I hate it!  Ready to throw my Flex in the trash!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I never noticed that tile before. That helped but I still
don't see the graph of the entire day showing active periods. Is that
graph still available?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mpc69 wrote:
Thanks. I never noticed that tile before. That helped but I still
don't see the graph of the entire day showing active periods. Is that
graph still available?

@mpc69 click on your Log, Activities and then the Calories box. You will see your effort there.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
Colinm39, thanks. Your instructions have been very helpful. I found
the graph showing periods of time during the day and the level of
activity.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I lve on the east and use a fitbit charge HR.

We have got a LOT of snow here lately and if i go out to shovel snow,I get very active minutes or if i'm on the rowing machine at the gym I get very active minutes.

It seems my tracker knows when I'm pushing it and when I am not.

It's almost like its going off my heart rate and motion?

A woman I am dating is also very active but her Charge HR seems to give her almost no active minutes at all.

Do very active minutes have anything to do with the information you give the tracker software when you originally set it up.

I consider her in better shape than me and maybe it's just harder for her to reach a very active level?

Thanks for the help,

Craig

Best Answer

I think there's a trade-off. I can't find my "track exercise" on my dashboard, so today I went out for my walk without it and got 26 active minutes, the most I've ever gotten. While I miss the track exercise feature, it's nice to have active minutes again. However, I do wonder why I no longer have "track exercise" on my dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A month ago I upgraded to a Charge HR (from a Fitbit One) and noticed an immediate increase in Active Minutes, so guess the heart-rate info was making this happen...I haven't read all this topic's posts, so will do so to see if others have noticed this.  Any comments would be helpful...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@susiebee44 wrote:

A month ago I upgraded to a Charge HR (from a Fitbit One) and noticed an immediate increase in Active Minutes, so guess the heart-rate info was making this happen...I haven't read all this topic's posts, so will do so to see if others have noticed this.  Any comments would be helpful...

Likely, I have used quite a few of the trackers. Currently I have both the One and Surge attached to my account (you can link more than one now). When in "exercise mode" the Surge does credit me for more active mintues for some specific activities that One would not based on movement. Is it because it is factoring in the heart rate or because I am wearing a wrist worn tracker vs. torso worn?

I've worn mine to a barre class that does include some nonimpact aerobics mixed in (non step). My one sometimes classes this type of workout as a nap if in timer mode. The Surge (and I think Charge HR) did credit it with some active minutes (not the whole class) when in workout mode. Likely because some of the time my heart rate is in aerobic zones.

I still prefer my One for general activity as it counts more steps for me than the wrist worn trackers (I have tried the Charge, Charge HR and Surge and this difference is consistent for me.) I had good success eating accoridng to my Fitbit One allowance (and logging non-step exercise from my HRM to adjust it). So I tend to trust it most. Right now I use the Surge for workouts and outdoor activities (for the GPS) and sometimes when sedentary at home to get the resting heart rate figure.

I also think they might be including moderately active + active minutes (I heard that but haven't been paying much attention lately) so that in iteself would increase your minutes if you upgraded around that same time.

Sam | USA

Fitbit One, Macintosh, IOS

Accepting solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody’s Fitbit experience.

Best Answer

The more steps in a minmum of 10 steps. Miore steps is moderate or instense steps. For me if I sunstain more then 1000 steps in 10 minutes I earn more very active minutes. Everyone is different though.

Best Answer
0 Votes