Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 day detox diet

Has anyone done the Dr. Hyman 10 day Blood Sugar detox diet?  I am starting it now and looking for any tips and helpful hints.  Thank you.

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

I am starting the 10 day detox tomorrow.  How is the first day?

kcl
Best Answer

I have started the 10 day detox today, I felt full all day drinking lots of water with my PGX.

Best Answer

I had a massive headache, finally drank some green tea, felt better.  Tomorrow hopefully no caffine.

kcl
Best Answer

I had a headache the 2nd day and felt really nauseated and very weak. Today I felt so much better.

I lost about 2 pounds so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on Day 8.  I find it very helpful.  My goal was not so much to lose weight but to break my addiction to sugar and carbs.  It is pretty radical, but after a few days, most people feel much better.

Best Answer

How you all doing on your 10 day detox?

I am on day 7 and feel pretty good. Had to go to a Seminar yesterday, I was prepared and brought my own food since the breakfast and lunch was only high carbs.The muffins there didnt even smell good. I was very proud of myself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on day six and loving it!   Day 1 and 2 were terrible - headaches, cravings (pure withdrawal).   Day 3 and beyond much better.   Got on a scale and down 9 pounds after 5 1/2 days.  Incredible since I have a torn meniscus in my left knee so only slow walking available for exercise right now.

I think it is a life plan after the intial 10 days.  Minimal cravings for sugars and will simply modify the nutritional plan as I get past 10 days.    I am actually excited for first time in a long time on progress on weight loss, but more importantly, I am clearer, more focused, and energized.   

Wishing all the same success....   I just need to keep it going!

Best Answer

My headache was the start of a really bad cold and now bronchitis.  Feeling better but no energy to follow the diet.  I did eleminate sugar, and ate healthy not simple carbs, and lost 4 pounds.  So I plan to start again next week when I am done coughing and off from work for 3 days.  It should be alot easier since I an already off sugar, just no grains.

kcl
Best Answer
0 Votes

So happy for you!  After being sick, I will start again, but I feel great without having sugar or simiple carbs.  I did have oatmeal for breakfast because it felt good on my throat, I made the soups, easy and deliscious.  I'm down 4 pounds just doing that.

kcl
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you feel better by now. I know when one is not feeling well you crave carbs. But you can do it ones you up to it.You doing great... I am done with my 10 days, and lost 10 pounds, my bloodsugar went from 130 down to 90, I am so happy. I think I will stay on the detox for a little while since the food is good and I don't feel depripet. I usually eat a little more protein if I get hungry.

Have a great day,

Cheers

Gabriele

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Gabriele, that is what I needed to hear to get back on track.  I will start on Monday, I have slipped back to my unhealthy habits the last few days, and feel sluggish again.  So I will focus on my health.  Thanks again,  Karen

kcl
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just ckecking to see how you doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not following the 10 day detox yet, but have upped my exercise to include tabata two days a week.  Feeling stronger.  Yoga 2 to 3 days a week.  Would really like to lose weight, and feel great.  Which I know i would if I would eat healthy. I seem to have a lot of excuses to not start.  

kcl
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the 10 days. Headaches was a problem.  After the then days, did you continue after the 10 days ?  After the 10 days, I went back to coffee though, only 1 cup a day 😉  The shakes where a bit too long to drink, rather do it in half. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to learn more about this detox. Is there a web site for it?

Best Answer

To find info about the 10 Day Detox, which is the name of a new book by Dr. Mark Hyman, google Blood Sugar Solution.  There should be links there.

Best Answer

Hi,

Try this ....

http://drhyman.com/blog/2014/03/13/10-day-detox-diet-different-books/#close

let us know how how it goes ....

Best Answer

Yes,Mark Hyman, the blood sugar solution.  He has also been doing presentations on WTTW.  So you could probably link to a web site thru there.

kcl
Best Answer
I really enjoy Dr. Hyman. I really enjoyed the foods and that is why I got the fitbit do to the book. I really do not have the sugar urge . After the 10 days though, I went back to coffee - I cup and a little 2% milk. I really need that ! I am tempted to purchase the cookbook .... I saw it from the library and really am thinking !! WTTW - not familiar but I will gooogle it 😉 I also love the emergency food when you travel...love it !!
Best Answer
0 Votes