Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

I also eat Kashi Go Lean without milk.  I love it!

Best Answer
Well, the best breakfast starts with two glasses of water a little heated with a little lemon juice! Warning! Water must be drunk slowly, as hot drink! Thus, water remains in the body, clean the unit cell! When we drink water fast will quickly reach will require kidney and go outside! Then, a quarter of an hour, we start to eat fruit! Only fruit! In any quantity! And from time to time drink water! This is the most simple and healthy breakfast! Why fruit? From 04 o'clock a.m. to noon (12 pm), the human body is in the cycle of detoxification. Therefore simple carbohydrates, fruit and water are the best choice for breakfast!
steps to health with my Blaze 101
Best Answer
3oz soy milk; 1.5 cups cooked oatmeal with 0.2 cups each of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, 0.5 banana, walnuts; fruit- typically banana, Fuyu persimmon, navel orange, pear. Herb tea.
Best Answer

i usually eat 1/2 cup oatmeal (uncooked) with half a cup of almond milk. After i cook it, i add ann egg white to it (it sounds weird but you dont even taste it and it makes the oatmeal super thick). I immediately stir the egg white into the oatmeal and cook it for another 2 minutes. After that, i'll add cinnamon, stevia and sugar free syrup. 

There ya go, yummy, macro friendly oatmeal 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks at this breakfast tip I found on the Internet: Trying to lose weight? According to one study, eating half a grapefruit before each meal may help you slim down faster, thanks to the fruit's fat-burning properties and its beneficial effect on blood sugar and insulin levels.

Grapefruit is also hydrating, filling, and packed with immunity-boosting antioxidants.

For a well-rounded breakfast, pair it with protein—such as yogurt or an egg. But check with your doctor first if you take any medications, as grapefruit and grapefruit juice can interfere with some prescription drugs.

Interesting! I love grapefruit, so it is an easy tip to follow. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been eating muesli for years and always make it myself. I buy raw oats and then I add nuts, seeds, dried fruit etc. I keep it in a large air tight container and scoop out how much I need for breakfast....which is usually about 4 tablespoons. I use no added sugar almond milk. I take my container of muesli with me when I am away also.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

One egg scrambled with a pat of butter with a teaspoon of shredded cheese in it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been drinking MySmart Shakes from USANA and I really like them! I completed a 7 day challenge and lost quite a bit of weight and kicked my cravings for sweets and fatty foods which has been pretty hard for me. I really like this recipe from one of their programs.

Vanilla Berrylicious

2 scoops MySmart Shake Base

1/2 cup berries

1 raw date

2 cups of liquid of your choice

and I like to add a bit of vanilla extract of bring out more of that vanilla taste!

You guys should try them out if you haven't!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Oriel wrote:

I've been drinking MySmart Shakes from USANA and I really like them! I completed a 7 day challenge and lost quite a bit of weight

I had a look at their website. The product page for the MySmart™ Shake Whey Base makes it quite hard to assess what’s in the bottle: no nutritional information, no size, only price ($39.55) and "volume" (21). So I’m assuming you’re getting 21 bags of unknown weight and unknown content, one bag giving you one shake. That’s almost $2 per day for a mere shake. You can probably have a more nutritious breakfast using real food (eggs, oatmeal, fruits, veggies etc.) for far less. And if you really want to have a protein shake, just buy quality, unflavoured whey protein powder, which would be far less expensive: instead of their artificial flavours, put natural stuff in it (I like to put an overripe banana and/or a few berries). I personally save protein shakes for the end of the day, if I haven’t been able to hit my protein goal for the day. Prior to that, I try to get my proteins from real food, and it’s not that difficult. 

As to losing weight in 7 days, it’s fine, but most people need to plan their weight loss over a much longer period, so must look for solutions that are sustainable in the long run.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

My breakfast will be a turn-off to the fat-haters:

2 eggs over easy (cooked in olive oil)

2 strips bacon, center cut

1/2 english muffin <-- my carby indulgence

with a moderate amount of butter

Fiber drink + water + 1 oz of OJ to make it taste better

1/2 Fuji or Gala apple

Small handful of almonds (or sometimes pecans)

This keeps me going till lunch without any hunger. I try to get 35% of my nutrition in at breakfast. For my particular metabolism, more than about 30g of carbs at a meal means trouble, so no bagel or breakfast cereal for me.

Once in a LONG while (like, every three months or so), I have a breakfast of crepes, with apples and drunken pecans (soaked overnight in amaretto) and powdered sugar on top. So delicious going down, it's almost worth the +2lb weight gain overnight (glycogen, sigh).

If I have to delay lunch for some reason, I'll snack on a Quest protein bar--but only 1/4 to 1/2 bar, as they're fairly calorie-dense. Love the S'mores flavor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have nitrate free sausage and sauerkraut and avocado.   But lately I've been having gluten free cereal loaded with carbs and sugar.  I'm trying to cut down on carbs and sugar so I can burn fat.  But I love this cereal.  Maybe I'll only have it once a day.  Today i had it twice.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I try to avoid "bread" carbs but because they're my weakness, I only eat them at breakfast. I usually do avocado toast - a slice of toasted Ezekiel bread with 1/4 avocado mashed on it, topped with egg whiltes, 2 nitrate- and sugar-free bacon slices, and some type of green (homegrown micro sprouts are my favorite!!). This type of breakfast is so easy to switch up too - replace bacon with salmon and greens with tomatoes, red onions, and capers, etc. Breakfast definitely doesn't have to be boring! 🙂

Best Answer

oatmeal, i don't like it but *sigh*

& yes, i've changed up on the flavor & the brand. 

wateva

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is simple, 2 or 3 eggs + an apple to go.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I heard that drinking the juice of one lemon in one cup of water first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, helps on loosing weight. 

It also helps aid digestion, helps cleaning your liver, it boost the immune system, and it improves your skin condition.

Plus it tastes great. Is it worth trying it? Smiley Happy

Best Answer

You see, it's true but it's not enough! Are already almost 4 years since morning I drink on an empty stomach, two large glasses of water with juice of lemon! But that's a small beginning! If I climb a step does not mean that I reached the next floor! Why lemon? Because it affects the lymph! And so, step by step I learn what to eat for breakfast, lunch and how to end the evening! A glass of water with lemon, believe me, it's a step! But that helps me to walk briskly 35k steps daily!
steps to health with my Blaze 101
Best Answer

I actually did my breakfast morning routine and filmed it here. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC92UyHO_V-x_CBdyS7VUD9A/videos

Best Answer
0 Votes

I start each morning with some hot water containing lemon juice, honey and 1 tsp of baking soda.  Then coffee with either eggs and veggies or quinoa with fruit, Quest protein powder, and unsweetened almond milk. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@marfar @SouperNik Thanks for that information! Awesome, so I will start doing the water with lemon juice every morning to see how it goes. I'm sure that will help me boost in the morning. 

@kokopuffs10 Will be checking your video as well. Thanks for sharing the great eating tips!

Best Answer
0 Votes

why baking soda? 

Best Answer
0 Votes