Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

@HankHYou're welcome! If you are able to find it and begin to use it, let me know how you like it!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Breakfast for me is difficult, I useually feel queasy in the morning to the point that the smell of food makes me want to ralph. I am not the only person in my extended family for this to be a problem. Not to mention, the gag reflex.

So I have found a solution for myself as waiting around for 2 hrs to eat in the morning is not an option. I downloaded the free book "31 Perfect Fitness Smoothies" and I pick a smoothie recipe and make it and drink it on the way in to town. I did go ahead and buy their Biotrust Protein powder but when I am out, I use Jay Robb Egg white protein powder. My mom has to use Pea Protein powder.
I prefer the Biotrust, it mixes well and well, it taste like cake mix! And b/c I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis, I am limited to what type of protein powder I can use.

My favorite smoothie recipe is the metabolism booster and it is so good that my husband started requesting it.

Peppermint Patti Smoothie
2 scoops of Biotrust Low Carb Protein Powder OR 1 scoop of your preferred powder
1.5 cups Chocolate Almond milk or you can use Unsweetened Almond milk + 1-2Tbs sugar free chocolate syrup such as Walden Farms
1 Tbs Coconut Oil
1 tsp honey but I use 1 Tbs
1 tsp real peppermint oil
1 Tbs Dark unsweetened Cocoa powder
5-10 ice-cubes

Put Almond milk and half the protein powder in the blender and mix for a few seconds.
In a small glass or ceramic bowl, melt the coconut oul for about 8-10 sec, stir so you coat the sides with the oil, then add honey and return to microwave for 8-10 sec.
Remove and stir, add the cocoa, stir with fork, then add half of the protein powder and stir some more. Add the peppermint and mix. Because the sides are coated in the oul, the mixture will be easy to remove and you don't waste your ingredients.
Add your ball of mixture to the blender. Blend for a few seconds. Add the ice and blend again. Pour into a large cup and I recomend using a snall straw to drink it, otherwise, you will drink it 30 seconds flat and wonder who drank your drink.
Enjoy!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I make mine the night before and store them in thermoses so they are ready to go
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jlippincottWow! That's an awesome suggestion! My dad is the same way, he can't eat eggs and typical breakfast foods because he gets the urge to gag. I will suggest this method of breakfast for him! Thank you for taking the time to share! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

I'm not a normal breakfast person, so I like to take a morning star farms chickpea patty or one of their other varieties and saute that with veggies and wrap in a spinach wrap with Siracha.  If I just hve cereal Im starving two hours later.  Sometimes I will soak muesli in almond milk with some fruit overnight and some chia seeds and that will keep me full.  Can do dairy or eggs so I'm a bit limited.

@NY2TX wrote:

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer

I can't eat the same thing for breakfast every day, I get bored easily. Today I had boiled ripe plantains with black beans and cottage cheese, it's a warm and satisying dish that reminds me of home. Cat Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Eggs, bacon. Sometimes, I feel like starch is acceptable! O:)

@carl669 what is bulletproof coffee? Sounds extreme. 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

@EmersonFitbit wrote:

Eggs, bacon. Sometimes, I feel like starch is acceptable! O:)

@carl669 what is bulletproof coffee? Sounds extreme. 

@EmersonFitbit for those doing low carb, high fat, it's a good way to get a boost of fat in the morning.  basically, it's coffee, coconut oil (or some other MCT oil) and butter blended into a delicious, latte-like concoction.  it serves as breakfast and usually gets me all the way to lunch.  i don't do it every day anymore though.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

Oh, I think I might've heard something like that! @carl669

I recently had a biometric sreening where they took a look at my blood, and it looks like I was low in HDL levels. Maybe increase my fat intake a bit.. The sound of sticking butter in my coffee is pretty counter-intuative, but I might do it!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love the overnight muesli idea.  I have recently adapted the overnight oats into my weekly foods.  I'm going to give it a try.  Thanks

Best Answer
I want to thank everyone that replied to my question about breakfast. They are so helpful. Most of them were simply and practical and somethings that I will try.

Thanks,

Jerry Alexander
Best Answer

At the moment, every morning i have my protein shake.

1x Small/Medium Banana

3x Med/Large fresh strawberries

1x Scope of 100% Gold Standard Whey

1x Large handful of Kale

So yummy!

"Act like a lady...Lift like a BOSS"
Best Answer

@fitmissjenThat sounds delicious! Especially with the addition of kale! I'm definitely going to try this! Robot Happy

Best Answer

Believe it or not, I have bacon and eggs probably twice a month.

and will enjoy 1 1/2 to 2 slices a week on a sandwich

and I still lowered my cholesterol over 30 points.

On heavy workout days, I sometimes stop at a local cafe' and get a breakfast bowl of scrambled eggs and bacon and bacon. They use really thin small pieces.

I prefer thick bacon. and they cook their eggs in butter. (Watch Fat Head the documentary)

We need some fat in our diet for our health, so completely cutting it out is unhealthy. I learned the hard way on that one. We need fat for the myalin sheeths around our nerve bundles and for our brains.

We just don't need to be eating loads of it every day.

Best Answer

@jlippincottYou're totally right! I always think about the food pyramid that was taught to us all as kids when someone claims to cut a certain type of food out completely. I totally agree that we need healthy fats, in moderation, to live a healthy lifestyle.

Here's that pyramid we learned about as kids! Robot Very Happy

food pyramid.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

My breakfast is typically egg whites, homemade pico and a protein like chicken sausage. And of course, coffee with a little International Delight creamer.

Best Answer

week days

black coffee, peanut butter on a whole wheat english muffin

OR

black coffee, spicy rice & beans [made on Sunday for the week]

weekends

2 scrambled eggs and a slice of whole what toast, black coffee

Best Answer

JillFiredup -  Are you happy with your Nutri-bullet?   I've been checking them out and wondering if they are a good purchase.  Does it totallly liquify ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep it simple...  Protien Whey...frozen mixed friuit, toss a bana, toss a few eggs and I'm done.  Black coffee doesn't matter, follow up with a mid morning snack all protien, tuna, chicken, etc

Toss out the ideal of a meal like breakfast, lunch, dinner as I'll eat 6-7 times per day, all lean, all mean, and all ready to burn fat and gain muscle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right now I am still adding my recipes to my log.  It's time consuming but I rarely eat anything that is already made up.  I bake my own bread and rolls, buy organic veggies and fruits, and make my own yogurt.  I have always been a grazer, eating something at regular intervals, especially on long work days when I'm logging an insane amount of steps.  If I have a few days off, I'm still working on my farm, building, working in my studio with metals, or working with my horse.  If it's a slow day, I cut back on calories, but don't stop my food intake, just reduce it.  

Today I had 2 pcs. of baked bacon, 2 of my homemade waffles with apples and a tablespoon of maple syrup, 2 cups warm water, and 2 cups (so far) of coffee with a tsp of maple syrup.

Best Answer