Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Food/Takeout Go To Restaurants?

Curious as to what everyone's favorite options are to eat at when you do eat out? Since starting this diet I try my best to eat out as little as possible but let's face it, I work behind a desk with an office full of grown men who eat out daily and usually want to bring me food back. I usually stick with healthy options like Subway, Crispers, or Panera Bread. But i've found there is so much sodium everywhere, even at the healthy places. 😞

What's your favorites?

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

Almost all restaurants list NI now a days. Fast food has to. So I always check the site before I go. I can then make and inform decision. I have also found some dont list on their site,. But it is listed on their menu now.

Places are trying. So check before you go.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Chipotle is good if you skip the tortilla, cheese, sour cream and have brown rice. 

Pei Wei has a great chopped chicken salad, but get the dressing on the side.  Pei Wei also has cauliflower rice now, but I haven't had it yet.  

If you go out, try to avoid cheese, breads, rice, and pasta.   You can usually switch the sides so ask for steamed vegetables instead of the rice, for example. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im a big fan of brunch places, i like to eat once in a while eggs benedict or maybe a nice smoked salmon cream cheese bagle which is not so high in calories. i love indian food so i dont eat the carbs but instead eat the meat, cottage cheese in spinach, the cucumber salad. for japanese restaurants i avoid sushi however i drink miso soup, i have sashimi which is really nice. italian food is great, again i dont eat the pasta but i do eat the carpaccio for example. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a Chick Fil A grilled chicken sandwich and ditched the bun, and a side salad yesterday.  It was a satisfying lunch.

Word of warning tho ... I know to be careful about dressing selection as fat count can be quite high, but usually carbs are reasonable.  However, the added sugar in Chick Fil A’s dressing is astronomical!!!  A couple of examples:

Chili lime vinaigrette - 7g sugar

Light balsamic vinaigrette - 10g sugar

Zesty apple cider vinaigrette - 15g sugar

Fat free honey mustard dressing - 20g sugar

According to the AMA, the maximum sugar intake for adult women is 25g and 37.5g for men.  I finally settled on light Italian dressing with 2g sugar.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Salads are almost everywhere nowadays.

If I have to eat out I go to restaurant and order chicken salad, my favourite.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restaurant. There is more healthy food.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello dear

Best Answer

I avoid all of the restaurants you list - some I've never heard of - simply because of the quality of the food. I lost 35 pounds starting in 2002 and my weight has been stable since 2012. I avoid all chain restaurants and generally go to local small plate restaurants where I can enjoy a quality small meal and not be concerned with calories or salt. 

Apparently Louisville, KY is a great "foodie" town and there are many local restaurants where we get much better quality meals than available at chains.

We als cook a lot of our own meals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! 

Well, I tried to avoid fast of as much as possible, but it's true that you find yourself in that position sometimes when you just feel the urge to eat that pizza! 😁😂

When I do eat fast food or takeout, I try to do it moderately, I really just need one or two slices of pizza so I try to side it with a small salad and I always drink water, for example. 

And if I do end up eating fast food, I do it only for lunch and follow a strict diet for breakfast and dinner. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Check out Pressed Cafe if you have one near you! Its like Panera, but with even healthier options! Definitely a go-to of mine. And strangely enough Taco Bell can actually be decent if you get the right stuff-just stink to grilled means (like chicken) and opt out of all the extra condiments that add calories.

Best Answer

Habit Burger...I either order the veggie burger with lettuce, tomato, and onion or they have a portabella mushroom burger that is amazing.  I order it without the burger just the mushroom, lettuce, tomato, onion.  

Panera ... I get the salad with strawberries, pineapple, etc., with their light poppy seed dressing. 

Or half turkey and avocado sandwich with cup of soup.

Best Answer

I eat fast food and drink alcohol just on Saturday. This is such a relaxing day for me. All the other days I do not consume it at all

Best Answer

Great! Thank you for sharing @Rebecca_M  @MLP12 @DanOstin!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Helena, for that helpful and fantastic article! I loved it! XO 

Best Answer

As an outside sales person in my car all day I was eating crap all day. I felt like crap day after day. My brain was foggy and I wasn't as productive either. That fast food and sodium got to me too. Then I realized my daughters head soccer coach had undergone a true change in his health. Kevin lost 68 pounds and lowered his cholesterol and blood pressure saving him from eminent diabetes. So I started talking to him about what might work for me and my daughter. I dropped 20. My partner is down to 128 from 200 and my daughter now runs the soccer field as our star defender. My nutrition got so easy. Instead of stopping for fast food I eat easy clean and balanced food all day long. 

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story @SMCCoach! I think many of us can relate to this; often we find ourselves eating this type of food so often that it starts to affect us physically and the way we feel on the inside. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As for me, I don't really crave fast food, but I can refuse when I'm offered a cocktail and in any case, it just helps me to fall asleep when I'm having one of those insomnia episodes. I try to drink less and quality stuff, like polish potato vodka, but still, it bothers me. I know it's got pretty much calories.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums @melimelos

I know exactly what you meant, any cocktail that I drink makes me fall asleep very fast 😅 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sure what do u need to know?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Singing and dancing

Best Answer
0 Votes