Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Food/Takeout Go To Restaurants?

Curious as to what everyone's favorite options are to eat at when you do eat out? Since starting this diet I try my best to eat out as little as possible but let's face it, I work behind a desk with an office full of grown men who eat out daily and usually want to bring me food back. I usually stick with healthy options like Subway, Crispers, or Panera Bread. But i've found there is so much sodium everywhere, even at the healthy places. 😞

What's your favorites?

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

I love fast food. I am very strict with my diet and regimen, yet oddly, fast food is part of the plan for me. I prepare one nutrition shake with a banana for breakfast, a whey protein shake for lunch and a light dinner, six days a week.

In between meals, I have a light snack, just enough to keep my body from going into hibernation mode. This USED TO BE a granola bar, fig cookie or something of that ilk. I replaced that with a McDonald's Hamburger. Yes, a plain, regular hamburger (no ketchup, mustard, etc.) from McDonald's between meals. It's light on calories, adds protein, cheap and DELICIOUS. Weighs in at just 240 calories, if you eat both top & bottom bun. 

Also packs 3-4 times more protein than the granola bars, etc. that I used to eat between meals. Have been doing this for five years of successful weight decline / control and healthy body.. 

Cheat Day:  Sunday. I will have one full meal at a Burger King, Wendy's, KFC or some other fast food place. I enjoy the heck out of this and fortunately, my Monday morning weigh-in has never been affected. Overall, my view of fast food is bright, when used in moderation.

Best Answer

@awood08 I used to eat a lot of fast food, but not anymore since it is typically loaded with calories, sodium, and unhealthy fat often enough in one meal for an entire day. It also tends to be low in nutrients and almost totally lacking in fruit, vegetables, and fiber. That doesn't mean you have to avoid fast food entirely. But as you said, it depends on what brand of fast food I choose.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't ever eat at fast food places.  If I am going out to lunch, I will have a garden salad with dressing on the side.  If I am going out to dinner and most of the menu is pasta in cream or cheesy sauce, or heavy on bread, I will usually find a nice lite appetizer-maybe split an order of calamari, or something small, then I will order a garden salad and have them add in grilled chicken.  In a few places I can get a piece of chicken without sauce and get steamed veggies.  Going out to eat should be fun, but make it all about the company the food is just there because it is meal time.

Best Answer

Great suggestions, @BASILCHIVES. I have a weakness for Italian food, but it not too healthy most of the times 😅 

Grilled chicken, steamed veggies and a lite appetizer sounds excellent! 😎

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

My favorites are Panera Bread, Corner Bakery, Urban Plates & California Fish Grill.  Most restaurant food does food does have lots of sodium.

Best Answer

Great options @N2F1tNz! Totally agree with your comment, bread is the top source of sodium in the American diet. 😯

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

My favorites are Chipotle (salad option) and Chick-fil-A (grilled chicken nuggets and side salad or fruit cup).

Best Answer

Great options, @cathm! I love anything from Chipotle. 😁

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Core LIfe Eatery: VERY healthy, generous portions, and Delicious!

Best Answer

Awesome! Where do I find this? Is this a nation wide or an international option? I will make sure to try it out in case I have one nearby.

Thanks again 🙂

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I like the Culver's Garden Fresco Salad with Grilled Chicken (no croutons or dressing). Not the healthiest but I love the Diet Root Beer. 

Best Answer
Search online for CoreLife Eatery locations & enter a zip code or
city/state to find out if there’s one near you
Best Answer

Good agricultural farm products

Best Answer

I love Subway. I don't get the bread, I always get the wrap and I "make my own". I normally get the grilled chicken, add spinach, red onion, banana pepper, a sprinkle of cheddar, green pepper, and a sprinkle of black olives. I get the oregano and a pinch of salt. I eat 1/2 of it and give the other half to whomever is with me at the time. I can't finish a whole one. If I am alone, I'll eat the other half at another meal. It's 167.5 calories per 1/2. Not too bad to fill a belly!

Best Answer

Our subway quit selling salads. Probably for this very reason lol

Best Answer

Dairy Queen now has a rotisserie-style chicken bites salad bowl. I ask for it without the bacon and dressing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Panera has an awesome salad during summer called the Strawberry Poppyseed Salad with Chicken. I order it without the dressing. So delicious!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm vegan, so I don't eat at most food places. I like Roti, but I fear I eat too many calories there when I get falafel on a lafa wrap. I'm trying to cut back on fried food, but falafel is one of my few concessions.

Best Answer

I love Panera Bread!  My go-tos at Panera are the Greek salad, tomato soup, and the Mediterranean veggie sandwich. So yummy and tastes fresh.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I really like the Panera Greek salad too @Heather-S 

Best Answer