Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your favorite vegetable?

What is your favorite vegetable?

I would have to say cabbage because I like to eat it raw, boiled and baked. 

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

I’m a HUGE cabbage fan, too. But my top favorite is broccoli. I love it so much that when I was temporarily put on Heparin and they told be to limit/avoid bright green veggies (!!) I worked out a deal where I agreed to eat 1 1/2 cups of broccoli every day and they adjusted the blood thinner dosage accordingly. 

Best Answer

My favorite is squash. I don't have a favorite type of squash. I love them all equally. Lately, I've been eating a lot of spaghetti squash. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

Hello! This is a tough one.

I would say either tomatoes or bell peppers. However, I do find sliced onions on the grill amazing. If you are not a fan of onions, try them out on a grill until they are brown and tender. THE BEST, seriously. I do not like raw onions though 😛

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I love grilled onions too @RodrigoMFitbit 

Best Answer

Do you eat the spaghetti squash plain @alexthecat

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cathm I've never eaten it plain. I cook spaghetti squash in my Instant Pot. Then scoop out the insides and top with marinara sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

I have never cooked spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot. I will have to give it a try. 

Best Answer

I love my Instant Pot. Between that and the air fryer, I don't think I even need a stove. 🤣

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

I love carrots and I hate avocados. Close to the pulp, the seed and skin of the fruit contain dangerous toxins. Avocados are quite aggressive products. It can cause severe allergic reactions, intestinal upset, and liver intoxication. Very often, people who have never included an avocado in their diet complain of an upset stomach. Since in the megapolis, it is very difficult to grow any vegetable. But it is quite realistic if you use vertical farming and use, all the necessary attributes terra-bloom.com  It is very easy to do at minimal financial cost. 

Best Answer

Hello everybody!

I still don´t have an air fryer, yet. However its popularity increased recently. I´ve only tried two meals cooked in that thing. All people I know that own one, love it. So it must be as great as everybody is saying.

I do have the Instant Pot and use ir regularly. However, no spaghetti has been cooked with it. I will give it a try. What I also use very often is the microwave. It is not only for heating 😛 I love how well it cooks my meals and so quick. It is actually an oven. I think it is underrated. Do you use it for cooking or just heating?

Regards!

Best Answer

I've only had my air fryer a few weeks, so I'm still a beginner at using that. I'm enjoying it so far and looking forward to learning more. 

I haven't had good luck with spaghetti in the Instant Pot. It doesn't seem to cook evenly for me. I live at 7500 feet (about 2500 meters) elevation, so maybe that's why. Things don't always cook the same here as they do at sea level. Other types of pasta, such as penne, work well with my Instant Pot, so I usually make those instead. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

@cathm

For hot dishes - potatoes.
For cold dishes - beets.

Best Answer

@alexthecat - I enjoy spaghetti squash every week. We like it plain or almost any other way. I make toppings depending on what we are in the mood for. Ground turkey with Mexican seasoning … Italian … vegan chili … scampi … Greek style with shrimp. It’s all filling and even freezes well. Hubby can devour half a topped squash. I can only eat a quarter then freeze the rest for another day. Good eating and oh so versatile!

B60A21B4-73A6-40AD-89B7-99124910EB60.jpeg  

Best Answer

Hello everybody. I will definitely try the spaghetti squash. If I get an air fryer, I will let you guys know. 

@sivedoto I love beets and I also think it is more appropriate for cold dishes. I can live with cold smashed potatoes as well, so. 😛

@alexthecat Wow, 7500 above sea level. Where you at? That sounds extreme. Maybe try the squash in a normal pot. It may cook better. 

Have a great day everbody!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner you have good ideas about how to serve spaghetti squash. I've never thought of doing anything like that, but you've inspired me to give it a try. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

That looks so yummy @SunsetRunner!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tomatoes

Best Answer

I really like broccoli and cauliflower as well. Even green beans are well-liked by me and I eat them whenever they’re available.

Best Answer

I like a lot of veggies!  Broccoli, cooked carrots, sweet potatoes, onions, bell peppers.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer