Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which are the benefits of eating breakfast?

Many studies have shown the health benefits of eating breakfast. It improves your energy levels and ability to concentrate in the short term, and can help with better weight management, reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease in the long term.

What do you like eating for breakfast? I 

Leave your comments down...

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Jenny,
The article is not peer-reviewed or the name would be on the second line of the list of names. Besides, peer reviews are done BEFORE a study and only refer to the structure and ethics of the study. They make no representation about the results. 

The whole idea that timing of meals outweighs the food composition for the majority of obese people is crazy. I've not seen an article that suggested that.

People will have different preferences for timing. I prefer to eat small meals during the day. Usually six. Others prefer big meals and no snacks. 

I see claims of studies with no data. The term "Significantly associated" means nothing without the data and the numbers. It also means nothing without proof of causation. 

This is the best book I've found on eating and its relationship with weight and health. He has a bunch of videos, also. The book has links to many sources excellent sources.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PF7MGS

Unfortunately, since about 1980, the dairy meat and drug industries have been able to get any studies they pay for. Then they dominate the indoctrination in grade school, so it's difficult for people to believe the true studies. If people want to find a study that gives them good news about their bad habits, they can do so. You can prove the information in the book simply by getting a lipid test before and after a month of perfectly following the way of eating.

It's a sensitive subject, and I'm not able to figure out  how to be tactful and still convey the information. Usually, I try to stay out of food fights. 

http://48statehike.blogspot.com
Best Answer

Hi, I tried to eat a low carb breakfast. Type1 diabetes. so mostly fruit yogurt, veggies and smoothies. Sometimes if my sugar is doing great blueberry waffles with whipped cream. 1 cup decaf coffee with Jordan Skinny Syrups.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A good breakfast is vital to good work throughout the day. If I don't eat in the morning, I can't work efficiently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is untrue.

I can site various studies from brilliant doctors that can dispute this claim with verified studies.

There is no benefit to earing breakfast.

I would love to understand the fallacy of how these ideas came about?  Who decided we should eat breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Was it discovered and decided by the same people who once told us smoking was healthy?  

I have only found one doctor, on Netflix, I imagine as a publicity stunt to get more attention, who has tried to make the ridiculous claim that fasting is not healthy for humans.

Despite that completely contradicting a century of evidence that other cultures that have been healthier who's diet including fasting, Americans and our "scientists" that run the FDA, the same group that approved drugs like Cylert, Quaaludes, Darvin and Posicor, decided that three meals a day was how to live a healthy life.

I guess that's why the US has the highest rate of obesity and heart disease in the world.

You keep listening to them and I'll continue to research and listen to the most renowned experts and brightest minds on the planet.

The fact there is no ketogenic option on the fitbit really makes me regret purchasing it.

Best Answer

Oatmeal with chia seeds

Best Answer
0 Votes

to be honest, I never had breakfast and always had dinner, but now I have changed my diet and I feel better, I have energy for the whole day and I am not hungry

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. Breakfast consumption has been linked to improved mood and lower levels of stress and anxiety.

2. Reduced risk of chronic diseases: Studies have shown that individuals who eat breakfast regularly have a lower risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and obesity.

3. Better nutrient intake: Breakfast can provide an opportunity to consume essential nutrients such as fiber, vitamins, and minerals that may be lacking in other meals. 

Best Answer

I love fruit and dry cereal.  I'm having granola today.  I don't feel like eating anything else at this time.  I volunteer at a church food bank so I get a lot of free cereal to take home.  I often eat two or three family size boxes of cold cereal a week.  I didn't take any home this week since I still have a whole box of Rice Krispie and half a box of raisin bran to finish.  The granola was in single serving bags.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think a lot of people function better with eating breakfast.  Breakfast is often my biggest meal of the day. I wake up rather hungry.  I like a lot of carbohydrate in the morning with my coffee.

I should be gaining weight.  I didn't say need because I don't need to do it.  Part of me wants to do it and part of me doesn't.  I know that I'm a little underweight and I don't like how thin I look.  Still, there is this slight thrill from seeing such a low number on the scale when I spend most of my adult life much heavier.

I see a therapist and I don't have an eating disorder for anyone that's asking.

Best Answer

One egg, 1 piece of light bread, 1 tbsp butter and a piece of fruit.

On busy days greek yogurt and fruit. 

Best Answer

1/2 cup of Greek yogurt with chia seeds, flax seeds, almond butter and blueberries this keeps me full until around 1pm. I eat protein and salad for lunch and small dinner or shake before 7pm for dinner. 

I tried the intermittent fasting for breakfast and found I was starving and would over eat at lunch and continue to eat. Did not work for me. However, my brother loves the no eating until 2pm and works for him go figure. My husband is vegan and wakes up (6:30am) to two cups of oats with walnuts and blueberries with coffee. Snack at 10 (nuts and fruit) lunch at 12 (beans and veggies, vegan dressing nuts and bread) snack at 2, vegan protein bars after a work out and BIG dinner at 9pm consisting of; 2 ciabatta and basil sandwiches, cup of quinoa with veggies, a BIG salad with veggies and lentils/beans with vegan dressing. Sometimes he will mix it up with pasta for dinner or pizza instead of the ciabatta rolls. Basically loads of carbs/legumes and veggies (his diet). He eats from 6:30am to 9:30pm every 3 hours. My husband is a rail, he's very lean and full of energy. Which contradicts a lot of diets. 

Guess you just have to find what works for your body. 

Best Answer

Good choice! I also skip breakfasts, as I'm on IF

Best Answer
0 Votes

When i started to have breakfast in the morning, i stoped snacking that much during the day

Best Answer
0 Votes