Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

With Fitbit's poor support and lack of response on their iOS Health stance, I am officially switching to Withings offerings. They're not there yet, but at  least they keep their customers in the loop. 

So long Fitbit.

vinous
Jogger

Looking forward to see FITBIT integrate with iOS 8 Health app and Healthkit. I would like more freedom to use my data with other apps and in other ways.

cayyou
First Steps

Yes! Please integrate!

brpedersen
First Steps

We most definitely need integration between the Fitbit app and iOS 8's Health app. Please make this a priority!. Thank you!!

freeman
Jogger

Great idea!

HazelM
Jogger

Please link with Health.

Gdroblye
Premium User
Jogger
What's frustrating is their leading competitor of Jawbone has integrated this feature already. When you ask fitbit all they say is good idea just vote for it to be considered. I think I will switch back to jawbone till it's updated
Kenwvt
First Steps

Very disappointing, I guess they are too busy selling fit its by the gallon at Costco.

vinous
Jogger
Have you integrated already? Come on, just do it!
TDelMar
Jogger

Sync with HealthKit. Kinda suprised we have to even say it. But, nevertheless, please integrate Fitbit products with iOS8 HealthKit

Havenocents
Base Runner
Withings just announced their update will be ready in a few days. I decided to buy it.
smadamit
First Steps
I would also like to see my Fitbit data in the health app.
Truegret
Jogger

Greetings - I would love to see my FitBit One integrate with the Health App., and to include data much like the Nike and Nike Runner data.  Please!

Baines18
First Steps
Yes please make it so the info from my fitbit will transfer to my apple health app. I love my fitbit. And I would love to be able to use it more ways.
AGJ
First Steps

I've been checking every day to see if Fitbit has integrated. Like many others here, I'm surprised it wasn't out the gate as soon as the issues with IOS 8.0/8.1 were resolved. Soon, please!

38 Apps done so far, No Fitbit, No BodyMedia, no Ifit

lonerchick
Tempo Runner

I hope fitbit chooses to integrate with the new Apple Health app. Its almost time for a replacement and I will factor this in my decision.

neilhu
First Steps

Love the Fitbit hardware - will buy it, again and again, for it's quality and battery longevity, but I use my iPhone/iPad as my user interface.  Please integrate Fitbit devices with iOS Health!

SamHnKY
Jogger

Please add Health Kit support

PekingUSA
First Steps
Until I found this community blog, I had just assumed the HealthKit integration was coming any day. I am simply numb reading these posts and the Fitbit response. I've run a multi platform app dev company for four years - staying on top of APIs is critical for retaining customers and stimulating innovation. I'm at a loss for words. My wife and I have held onto our Forces since the recall (even though I had the rash which my wrist has since gotten use to and disappeared). Absolutely no reason now not to return them for a refund. Seems a number of apps now offer features and integration... Just need to keep your phone with you.
angsaysrawr
First Steps
Emailed support and got this response: Hello Angelina, Thank you for getting in touch with us about the HealthKit app. Please be informed that we do not have immediate plans to integrate with HealthKit. We will watch HealthKit closely as it matures and look for opportunities to improve the Fitbit experience. In the meantime, we would like to hear more from you about what you would like to see in a HealthKit and Fitbit integration. Please share your ideas in our community at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Integrate-with-iOS-8-Health-App/idi-p/319432. I am definitely ditching fitbit once the Apple Watch comes out. This is ridiculous and completely unacceptable in my eyes.
mnshep
First Steps

I've been using other apps like Lifesum to get my activity data out of Fitbit and into Health, but I'm bummed that I don't have a way to do that with my sleep. Fitbit's not required to act the way I want, but making it hard to do whatever I want with MY data makes earns my ire.

I wish Fitbit would just tell us what they're doing, what their thinking is, and what they plan in the near future. Like many others, I'm starting to think about alternatives to the hardware and sincerely doubt I'll be enticed into buying Fitbit Premium again. I've bought four devices for various family members but "Sorry about that! Let us know if there's any way we can be of further assistance to you" isn't the kind of response that makes me think I'll be investing any further in this platform.

Orse
Keeping Pace

First and last post thanks for ignoring Healthkit, I will evaluate options and mothball my Fitbit Flex.

Alacaeriel
Walker

I'm another user who wants Healthkit integration. It really is astounding that Fitbit are "waiting", instead of linking it up now. Users want it to link up. I want it to link up. If it doesn't, I'll change devices. It's as simple as that. 

jaimeap87
First Steps

Yes please!!

We want the integration with iOS8!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.