Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 won't sync with FitBit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I've had this issue before. I uninstaller and reinstalled the app and it seemed to fix it, but this time that is not working. The App cannot or won't sync the Inspire device. The battery is usually 80%, if not more when I do this. Please help. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

For the past 3 weeks I have had issues syncing with my Iphone.  I have tried all the steps above.   It worked last week, but this week not at all.    My I phone can "see" the Inspire HR, but cannot connect to the tracker.    I am getting increasingly frustrated.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hi @BernadetteJoy, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

I am sorry to hear your Fitbit device is not syncing. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend doing the following:

1. On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.

2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that are nearby.

3. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. See this link.

4. Force quit the Fitbit app.

5. Reboot your phone.

6. Restart your Fitbit with the steps from this help article.

7. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile picture > Set Up a Device.

8. Choose your Fitbit from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.

For complete troubleshooting instructions, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the past 3 weeks I have had issues syncing with my Iphone.  I have tried all the steps above.   It worked last week, but this week not at all.    My I phone can "see" the Inspire HR, but cannot connect to the tracker.    I am getting increasingly frustrated.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @jdaystre.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since the issue persists, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having similar issues I received my fit bit on the 29th October and set it up. That day the app could not find it so I made my phone forget it and it worked.  This morning however it would not work.  I went through the above steps and the only way I was able to get it to work was to set up a new device in the hope that all of my data was not lost.  This has worked for now.  This is my 5th Fitbit and have only had issues with one prior and it was replaced.  I only upgraded to the Inspire 2 as the battery in my Alta was needing to be charged every 2 days even though it was saying it had 60% left.  I really hope Fitbit is working on a way to fix this bug as I can see it is going to get very frustrating if this continues to happen.

Best Answer

I had this problem once and couldn't get the app to sync mine either. I tried restarting my phone, but had no luck. Not sure if you've figured this out, but rebooting FitBit seemed to solve the problem for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also had this issue. Day two of my new Inspire 2 and the app persisted in only syncing with my Flex 2, which I am not wearing. The only way I can get it to sync with the Inspire is to Forget the Flex 2 on the app, which is disappointing as I had thought I would be able to have both and use both according to what I am doing. Guess I will just have to forget about the Flex 2, even though I like to wear it for going out as I have a nice bracelet band for it. Any advice on how to have two trackers on the app and get them to switch between the two?

Best Answer

Thanks for helping, however non of this is working. Now I cannot add my FitBit to the FitBit App 

Best Answer

Hi, thanks for helping however now the FitBit App won't add my Inspire 2 at all. Ie Step 7 and 8 of your instructions. It just keeps asking me to "Try Again" 

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem. After 2 months of use, now my fit bit inspire 2 won’t sync. I have tried everything from rebooting watch and device, uninstalling and installing, updating, remove other device. Nothing works. What a disappointment 

Best Answer

@Annebyou It's nice to have you on board!

Let me help you with this and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I would like that you retry some of the steps but in the following order:

1. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  2. Restart your phone and restart your device
  3. Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  4. Also, on an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. 
  5. You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

First week with the inspire 2    NOT impressed, quite the joke as I am already having issues. I can see this is not going to be a good relationship.  I’ve done all of the steps above and I’m told there can only be one Bluetooth connection I have never had this issue with any other Fitbit device and it worked just fine for the first week, but today it won’t sync and it wont pair (disconnected it) because of the iPad Bluetooth connection then why did it sync and connect in the first place.   

Best Answer

Same here, I am not impressed with Fitbit Inspire 2.  I used to have an Alta, much better device than this one.  I might be returning it if it does not sync properly.

Best Answer

Hi, I'm having the same issue and none of these steps worked. It's been weeks and I can't pair my Fitbit. Any suggestions that could help me?

Best Answer

Same here. It seems like fitbit doesn't care and knows there is an issue.  My watch had disconnected in the past, but I got it to work.  Now, it's been nearly 2 months, and I've lost all my important stats. I like how it pairs to my Peloton, but the watch is useless otherwise at this point. 

Best Answer

Hi.. I have the same issue. My phone can see the tracker but cannot connect. Please help as I have been facing this issue since three months. I have tried everything suggested here.

Thanks so much!

Best Answer

Hi,

I have done this multiple times and it gets stuck in the screen after asking for the 4 digit code. It says “connecting” and won’t leave that screen. Can someone please help me?

thank you. 

Best Answer

I just had this exact same issue. I went into the settings directly on the Inspire 2. By swiping down on the time screen until settings showed. Then scrolled to the bottom of the settings list and selected Clear Data. The inspire2 reset and i was able to pair it with the fitbit app instantly. 

Best Answer

I am having similar issues.  After my Fitbit Flex died, I was given a Fitbit Inspire 2 which is anything but inspiring!  The App is on my laptop and worked very well with the Fitbit Flex but Inspire 2 is not recording the stats for my sleep.  Sometimes it records my sleep but nothing about REM etc..  I need this data as I have sleep apnoea.  Not sure what to do so look forward to some advice, please.

Best Answer

Hi all! 

I actually ended up just switching to a Garmin and all my problems are solved! Lol I'm sick of dealing with Fitbit/Google on these watches.

Best Answer