Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen tap not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just set up my New Inspire HR and while the scroll works fine, I’m not able to open the individual apps by tapping on the screen. I can return to clock by pressing the button but I can’t use any of the features. Am I missing something or did I get a lemon? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It was operator error for me...I thought the items below the clock (steps, HR, etc.) were supposed to provide more info on the watch itself. 

I found the the manual to help a lot - https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_inspire_hr_en_US.pdf

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Letsgonow, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Congratulations on your new Inspire HR! Thanks for reporting the difficulty that you're having with the display of your Fitbit device. It's odd that your Inspire HR is not letting you tap on the apps, since it should be working in the same way as the rest of the options. Which apps have you installed until now? I'll my best to help you out with this.

In the meantime, please try to restart your Fitbit and let me know if this helps!

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I just got an Inspire HR for my birthday and have been trying to navigate the device. The tapping into the apps feature does not work, even after multiple restarts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue...just purchased a Fitbit Inspire HR and while it scrolls, nothing happens when I tap on an app icon. Is this a setting or operator error or a faulty device? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me it turned out to be user error. Scrolling up will show your steps, current heart rate, etc. These are not apps. If you scroll down though, you’ll see exercise, relax, timers, alarm, and settings. Those are the apps you can tap on. For most functionality, your phone app is where you do most of the customizing. I think the actual Fitbit instructions could do a better job explaining it for sure. Hope that helps!

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner nice to see you here. My apologies for the delay.

Thanks for that excellent information, some user have reported same issues understanding the instructions on how to read the display on the Fitbit Inspire HR. Thanks for getting back.

@myOwnTwoCents welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for reporting the issues with your Inspire HR. Please try the following steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the tracker until it attaches magnetically. The pins on the charging cable must connect securely with the port.
  3. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 5 seconds. 
  4. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart let me know.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks, 

A little reading helped me out.

It's the little things that escape me sometimes, like scroll up and see what happens

Best Answer

How are you doing @StarPointLeader? Thanks for joining this family. Thanks a million for sharing your input. I totally understand your point since same thing happens to me. 

I'll be around in case that you need further assistance with your Fitbit.

Best Answer

It was operator error for me...I thought the items below the clock (steps, HR, etc.) were supposed to provide more info on the watch itself. 

I found the the manual to help a lot - https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_inspire_hr_en_US.pdf

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @myOwnTwoCents! I'm glad to know that you got it resolved and thanks for sharing Fitbit Inspire HR manual. My apologies for the delay.

Please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. Heart

I dont' know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Get Moving and Challenge Your Environment.

Keep stepping around in the Forums! 

Best Answer

My inspire hr just stopped responding to taps and swipes and when will not restart of charge. Any other ideas to get it to restart? Should I just wait until battery runs out and hopefully see if will charge after that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just set up my fitbit and it is all connected to my phone, but the touch is not working . I restarted it by putting it on the charger, but it is still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried restarting and I still can't get the apps to open on a tap. Also, the dark screen doesn't come on when I tap either. And the screen goes to sleep when I'm in the middle of doing stuff. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure you are swiping up or down
This was my issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Touchscreen does NOT work in the pool, so WHY NOT, if it's supposed to track swimming!?!?!?!?  Total design flaw which does not exist in Garmin and Mio watches!!!  Very disappointed.  Fitbit Designers should be fired.  Unless... they can fix with update?  Doubtful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue (even after two restarts). I navigate to the exercise app, tap, and nothing happens. 

Note: I've had the tracker for one week, so it's relatively new. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Scroll up and down after tapping. Helped me

Ryn Dee G
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Unfortunately - no improvement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. No exercise apps will start. I've rebooted several times, removed the various exercises and then replaced them and even resorted them. The play button just won't start them at all. Frustrating Inspire HR Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot do the tapping either on apps on my Inspire HR- frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes