Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal Bluetooth Range?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since I got my Ionic, I've had real trouble with intermittent sound drops while running. It sounds like my Jaybirds are at max range and losing the signal, but this shouldn't be the case given that I'm wearing both them and my Ionic and I have little T-Rex arms.

The problem is definitely not on my earphones' side, as they're able to pick up the bluetooth signal from my phone from far across a gym.

I saw another thread that seems similar to mine, but no resolution was posted:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Bluetooth-Drops/m-p/2236196#M6851

What's the deal here? Is this a flaw?

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

+1 here on having the same issue

If I bring my left hand to my right ear (bringing the watch closer to the bluetooth receiver on my PLT headset), the cutting off stops immediately. Actually using my left hand for running starts glitching immediately. Wearing the watch on the right hand is better, but I am weird and like my watch on my left hand 😉

It is certainly worse depending on the environment around me. With lots of people (a beginning of the race) this happens a lot. Then it eventually improves and stops happening as the crowd gets thinner and time goes by. 

I have a PLT bluetooth headset with a bluetooth receiver on the right. Everything (laptop, phone, etc.) works well with it.

I think Fitbit's bluetooth signal is just calibrated too weak to save battery or something. I'm just speculating, but I'd love an official response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

There might be an interference if your phone is managing multiple connections simultaneously. At the moment, as an alternative to resolve you can wear your Tracker on the other wrist. For more information about this topic, please visit this article.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

ionic bluetooth range... I have same issues with range as described in this thread. When on left arm, headphone (Bose) on right. It break sync on bluetooth. When i move ionic closer no issues. Its a range problem. Just bought this. This is a big deal for fitbit. People wanted not to have iphones and run with music.

Any fixes in work? I suspect they sacrificed the bluetooth power for battery life selling points.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today the Bluetooth was flawless. No issues. Could be me.  Playing pandora on the Ionic to headphones. Again, no issues today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When i go out for a walk, i dont have my phone.

Its 100% the Ionics Bluetooth strength, it drops out when my arm swings back behind my body.

This is the my 3rd issue with with Fitbit technology but that for other threads.

Best Answer
0 Votes