Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirPods Volume Control Fixed Yet?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've seen quite a few topics with people having issues with controlling volume with Airpods. From what I've seen, it looks like at some point a few people were able to control their volume, but recently most people have not. In the music control on the Ionic, I am able to see the + and - which is what I presume is for volume control, but pressing these buttons does absolutely nothing. Is there an issue with our current version, or was volume control never really a thing. I just got my Airpods (and just got my Ionic last week), and I'm pretty disappointed that I can't use such a basic function as volume control. If this issue isn't addressed I will probably need to look into returning the Ionic and considering a different option...

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

It's great to see you around @Couchy! I appreciate the details you've mentioned regarding the issue you're having with AirPods and Fitbit Ionic. Fitbit is aware of this issue and working toward a resolution, you can always try this troubleshoot and see if the connections works better: 

Restart your Ionic

- Unpair and repair the headphones 

In regards to your question about if it's an issue with the current version, some users have mentioned that they've had issues with Apple AirPods before but this has been resolved by the above troubleshoot. Rest assure that Fitbit is working on it. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit I had already tried this troubleshoot before. I tried it again, and of course nothing was resolved. As long as Fitbit has acknowledged this issue and is actively working towards resolving it, then I am slightly placated. However, this issue has been around for a while, and it has still not been resolved. This is either a lack of action or a lack of ability, and I'm not sure which is worse. I feel like at this point I'm wasting my time with this product. I only recently purchased this, so it's definitely not too late for me to return it... I just can't believe that Fitbit is incapable of ensuring a basic feature is working properly and comprehensively.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for getting back @Couchy. Your feedback is totally appreciated and as mentioned before. Fitbit is working toward a resolution so you can fully enjoy your Ionic and the music control with AirPods. 

Your understanding and patience is appreciated. 

Best Answer

I feel the same way. Same stupid troubleshooting tip for how long now? I'm probably getting rid of mine, as well. I've been needing an excuse to get an Apple Watch Series 3 and it appears FitBit wants to give me the opportunity. Thanks, Fitbit!!!

Best Answer

Hey!

I'm actually about to buy the ionic instead of the Apple Watch Series 3... But this is ABSOLUTELY a deal breaker for me... 

Has this been fixed yet.... It's been flagged for more than a year now! It kinda speaks about Fibit seriousness about users's feedback as well... 

Thanks

Tim

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Tim996! Your feedback hasn't been unnoticed and Fitbit is always reviewing your responses to provide feedback to our product development team. As soon as there are updates about it, it will be posted on the forums. 

Your patience and understanding is truly appreciated. Robot Happy

Best Answer

Shocked that the Ionic and Airpods do not allow volume control.  Wife keeps telling me I listen to my music too loud, so this "design feature" was probably added on purpose, LOL.  It could also be Apple trying to lock Fitbit out of the ecosystem by making it difficult to share code and API's.  Apple of course wants you to buy the Apple Watch and leave Fitbit on an island. I was using Jaybirds just fine w/ the Ionic until my Jabirds died.  I like the Ionic since my primary purpose is exercise data that is accurate.  Sent my Garmin back as it was horrible.  AW has a few flaws relative to VO2 max and I like the Ionic Cardio Fitness scoring and HR accuracy.  So I won't ditch my Ionic just yet.  But I will need separate headphones for working out without my phone as the volume is too weak for use outdoors and in a gym with so much ambient noise.

Best Answer

This is a deal-breaker for me too. I have an Ionic since a few weeks and plan on returning it if Fitbit cannot address the volume problem with the AirPods. Please fix this issue ASAP or, at least, tell us if it's supposed to be fixed soon.

Best Answer

After 3 shutdowns and unpair/pair, I manage to make it work... 

Best Answer

Hi All I am still experiencing this issue with Aversa, as well. Can you finally solve it ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @modoc69! Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your Versa and Apple Airpods. I would like you to make sure you've performed a restart to your Versa: 

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

If you keep experiencing it, unpair and repair the headphones.

Rest assure that our team is aware of this and working to solve it as quickly as possible. Your understanding and patience is appreciated. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, unfortunately your suggestion was useless. I tried to restart the watch and unpair and pair the AirPods many times without success.Let me know when the issue is fixed with a really workable solution. Thanks

Mariano
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit Please provide a list of wireless ear buds that do not have this issue. (I have tried restarting & re-pairing), unless there is another way to troubleshoot this problem that has not already been mentioned. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Silvia. I am also using the Soundpeats Q30 and they work fine with Versa and I can control their volume with the watch buttons. Cheers Mariano
Best Answer
0 Votes

There are no words to express the regret and disappointment I felt after reading this post. (Volume on my Fitbit ioinic doesn't work with my AirPods) You pay a premium price for a product only to find out it cannot execute the simplest action such as putting volume at desired level. I spent so much time getting the music loaded into the Fitbit ionic only to find out that the volume is painfully blasted to the point where it hurts to keep my airpods on for a few seconds. I thought maybe there is a solution online but as it seems the only solution found is the classic line "we're working on this". It has been almost 7 months as far as I read back and this issue still exists. Truly disappointed with this product and it's really a shame because as I was starting to like it, it has a major flaw. It cannot execute a simple function which is ridiculous. There is a reason why apple products are expensive and that is because user experience is great. Fitibit should never try to compete with apple when it charges $300 for a product that cannot execute a simple function. My frustration isn't pointed at you the Moderator but to the company. I know you're job is simply to do damage control and say "we're working on it". I've tried shutting down and re-pairing and will continue to do so because those are my options at this point. I feel truly defeated for not getting such a simple convince. I regret not going with apple. For the sake of our sanity, please do not turn this post into solved. Please solve a problem before doing so. That is not fair business practice.  

Best Answer

Wish I had read all of these posts before purchasing the AirPods. I’m assuming it’s too late to return the ionic, but I would If I could as it’s not worth the money. What a joke. I want to tune people out while at the gym. I can hear every grunt and lift at this lame volume. 

Best Answer

There is one absurd workaround to this issue that I found while playing around with this...

Delete the airpods connection from your fitbit and shut fitbit down... Now go and use your airpods with your iphone, set volume at desired level and then go into bluetooth settings (airpods "i") in your iphone and change something round like the name of the airpods or something small. The point is to register a setting and the volume level will stay at that level you have it on. Then turn on your fitbit and pair airpods once again. Now you still wouldn't be able to control the volume with your fitbit but at least the volume will be at the level you had it previously on your iphone. I'm trying to make a video or at least write a better step-by-step for people that are stuck in my position since i'm not going to hold my breath for fitbit to resolve this issue. It sucks having to do this but at least I can set the volume at a desired level once and then use them. (By the way FIBIT do not use this as a solution because it is not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried most of what you outlined and the volume on my Ionic is now much louder!  Too loud actually for just sitting at my desk replying... But in the gym, I definitely want this level of volume to block out ambient noises.  I was able to download 2 Pandora stations to the Ionic which is pretty cool for additional variety.

But long term, we absolutely need the ability to adjust the volume, especially when running outside where there could be cars and other dangers.  

Thanks for the tips on at least having a way to increase the volume.  Sometimes you need to use the Ionic for music versus your phone.  It's a nice option to have.  Reality is by the time Fitbit addresses this fix, it will be time to upgrade.  At that point, maybe some of us will move on to other brands.

Best Answer

re MiKESiLVER

I was also disappointed that i couldn't directly control volume between my air pods and my ionic.

But its painfully obvious you have ZERO knowledge of how even basic programming works. Heck, you can barely get most iOS and android devices to have interoperability, and you're complaining about 2 closed eco-systems not playing nice and blaming Fitbit for it?!?!?

Talk about first world problems....

Best Answer