Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirPods Volume Control Fixed Yet?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've seen quite a few topics with people having issues with controlling volume with Airpods. From what I've seen, it looks like at some point a few people were able to control their volume, but recently most people have not. In the music control on the Ionic, I am able to see the + and - which is what I presume is for volume control, but pressing these buttons does absolutely nothing. Is there an issue with our current version, or was volume control never really a thing. I just got my Airpods (and just got my Ionic last week), and I'm pretty disappointed that I can't use such a basic function as volume control. If this issue isn't addressed I will probably need to look into returning the Ionic and considering a different option...

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Re ballzd33p

Okay!?!?! You were disappointed and I am disappointed so I voiced my frustration. Do you think that is wrong? Did I harm or offend anyone? Also, I don't need to know basic programming to know that this is a inexcusable problem for a premium product.  

Stop waving the 1st world problems cliche around. This is a problem because when you pay a premium price, you expect premium results. When you spent around $460 on devices you'd expect to have basic functions covered. 

Also, I'd rather push progress and make my voice heard about a problem hopefully to find a solution rather to just site there an accept it. 

I hope my work around tip around this issue helps you though. You're welcome.

Re TechFitLA

I'm glad it worked for you. I'm going to to keep trying different ways of doing this as hopefully there might be simpler way less time consuming...

I agree with you though, by the time they address if at all it might be too late.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

1) Please define, with basic argumentative skills, why this is inexcusable on FitBit's part?

2) Are you actually expecting them to have full functionality with all 3rd party vendors hardware and software?

2a) Do you have any idea what would need to be involved for this to occur? The hundreds of talented people that would need to working on THIS and only THIS 24/7 with no guaranteed results? Please elaborate

2b) Do you have any idea how to integrate with a closed eco-system, such as Apple? Please elaborate.

Because this is a "premium" product is not a valid argument.

Because you really want it to work is not a valid argument.

Because you spent X dollars is not a valid argument.

Because your panties are twisted is not a valid argument.

In hindsight, I have no idea why I am arguing with you on this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To ballzdeep

Stop acting like a tiki torch troll.  If you got nothing productive to say, STFU!!!  This isn't a first world problem.  This is a, I don't want to go deaf in two weeks, problem.  Why should I suffer because two companies are having a hissy fit.  If fitbit and apple are two closed systems.  Then Fitbit should say it's Apple's fault and move on, they shouldn't keep telling us for months they are working on it and not give us any updates or proper responses, as well as have their customer service give us generic answers  to fix problem when there is no solution.  We don't need your basement dweller responses in this thread.

Best Answer

Lol, ok I'm out, and wont comment on this "Can i talk to your manager" thread anymore.

Enjoy wallowing in ignorance because your feels got hurt!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa is having an issue with my airpods a week ago they were fine and now I can barely hear my music play I like my music loud but It’s as if someone is whispering the songs to me can someone please help me fix this and if it’s been fixed please tell me cause I can’t stand this 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a updated to 3.0 and you still cannot control the AirPod volume. Is Fitbit not going to make this available?

Best Answer

I have been looking into buying a fitness tracker / smart watch and would just like to say this is a dealbreaker for me as well. Pity because apart from this fitbit ticks most boxes though no HealthKit integration is a large drawback as well. To me it sends a signal that fitbit just doesn't care about integrating with other products all that much. I might me wrong and there could be some huge hurdles to be overcome, but this seems extremely unlikely to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wouldn’t bother getting and Ionic or versa. It took over a year for them to implement a fix to allow uk users to view the weather in Celsius. I doubt this AirPods volume fix is coming anytime soon. Once my Ionic packs in, unless there’s a change in the speed of fixes, I won’t be getting another fitbit. 

Best Answer
I just discovered that if I use Spotify on the phone I can use Versa to perfectly adjust AirPods volume but if I use the watch directly connected to the AirPods it does not work. That is because in the first case, I act on the phone commands while in the second case the watch tries to control unsuccessfully the AirPods volume directly.
Best Answer

I am having the same problem with volume control with my Airpods.  The other funtions work such as double tap the airpod for pause or next track when I'm running music off my Fitbit Ionic.  However, the volume is way high and the volume control on the ionic does nothing.  I've tried to pair repair reset and all of that without help.  My Cowin noise cancelling headphones are controlled by the fitbit for volume but much too big for running.  Any word on a fix for this issue?  It seems to have been going on for a while.  I wish I would have read these first as I got the fitbit after the airpods specifically to run music directly from it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I notice that I am experiencing the same issue almost one year after the original post. Both the ionic and AirPods were recently purchased. I have followed the reboot and and repair process numerous times with no resolution.  Please tell me this $700+ pair has the ability to adjust volume. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My AirPod volume control did work. Then, it stopped. A fix is necessary as soon as possible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no updates on this?  I hate having to bring my phone with me on a run just to listen to music.  The AirPods are way too quiet connected to my Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly Fitbit doesn’t seem to care that it is losing customers. I’m happy to say that I fixed this issue by exchanging my Fitbit for an Apple Watch and I’m never looking back. I can finally leave my back back and be able to change the volume. So long fitbit community,

im waiting on the other sides. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not fixed on mine. Maybe it’s a licensing issue between Fitbit and Apple that resulted in the AirPods stop working. I’m disappointed that Fitbit won’t tell their users what’s going on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve given up. Had every intention of purchasing an Apple Watch until my wife dropped a Father’s Day is next month on me. The Ionic gets another dozen or two runs before its sun sets.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would not change my Fitbit tracker just because of AirPods. I have bought a couple of Tozo airbuds. They are great and fully waterproof. And I had it only for 40$. Stop being slave of Apple! I am sure AirPods di not work on my Ionic not because of Fitbit but Apple. It does not make any sense. Fitbit is the BEST health tracker. I can use AirPods only with my iPhone. They do not work on Windows as well.

I would never change my Ionic for an Apple Watch. I bought a couple of Tozo airbuds and they work fine with it and they are also full waterproof and I now use to have  a  shower with my ionic and Tozo listening to my tunes. Stop being slave of Apple. I am sure it is not responsibility of Fitbitt this issue is not fixed. I can’t use my AirPods with Windows either. Fitbit are the BEST Fitness tracker. Apple Watch is just a watch.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@modoc69 Stop spamming if you don’t have anything useful to say in regards to this issue.

No one is telling you or stoping you from using Fitbit. This issue is a major deal breaker for people that have AirPods and would like to stick to them. AirPods work perfectly fine with everything else including windows by the way. Also ionic is nowhere near the quality and tech of Apple Watch. Apple is superior to Fitbit and if I had to put my money on what company is here to stay it’s clearly Apple. Good luck with Fitbit once they stop updating software and or go out of business. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MiKESiLVER  you should stop spamming as well ! I do not think your post added anything else to this post. My health insurance does not accept Apple Watch to track my steps. I have issues to use AirPods on my PC on Skype. You are free to use all devices you want. Take care. 

Best Answer

@modoc69 , you are arguing with someone who stated

"AirPods work perfectly fine with everything else including windows by the way".

You can't argue with stupid.

Instead, use your time for something much more valuable, like making a samwich.

Best Answer