Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirPods Volume Control Fixed Yet?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've seen quite a few topics with people having issues with controlling volume with Airpods. From what I've seen, it looks like at some point a few people were able to control their volume, but recently most people have not. In the music control on the Ionic, I am able to see the + and - which is what I presume is for volume control, but pressing these buttons does absolutely nothing. Is there an issue with our current version, or was volume control never really a thing. I just got my Airpods (and just got my Ionic last week), and I'm pretty disappointed that I can't use such a basic function as volume control. If this issue isn't addressed I will probably need to look into returning the Ionic and considering a different option...

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Alright guys. You both enjoy Fitbit!

The point of this thread is to point out the issue with AirPods and Fitbit compatibility. So far that issue is still not fixed. 

Best Answer

Hi @MiKESiLVER  I just want to clarify that I started this post months ago when I bought my AirPods and I was very disappointed with Fitbit for this issue. However after experiencing  compatibility issues with other devices not in the Apple galaxy I realized I had pointed my finger against the wrong Company. At this point I fear that Fitbit will be never able to solve the issue  without the support of IT people from Apple and I this will not happen. So when I see people switching to Apple Watch for this reason I realize what is the Apple strategy and I do not  feel well thinking that I started  this conversation with few other people months ago. I would love seeing Companies cooperating for the benefit of the consumers. Hope you understand. I do not think anyone is stupid but a Company treat all of us as stupid. 

Best Answer

It has been over a year since Fitbit said ‘we are aware of this issue and we are working on it’.

Nothing has happened- my AirPods with Fitbit are so quiet that I think I am in a church.

Do I really have to fork out over£100 to get the Fitbit Flyers or do I switch to Apple watch where presumably I will have a smart watch this is actually smart? I want to stay loyal Give me a reason, Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a quick and easy fix that worked for me and I hope it works for you.  First, setup AirPods on MacBook Pro; and  then, switch and set up AirPods on Ionic.  Instant fix.  I hope it last!!!!  Good luck!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work for me. Volume still maxed out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think if you change the name of your airpods to something else like "Rishabh's Airpods" it starts to work, I tried this and it seems to work fine now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm, my AirPods are already named "Patrick's AirPods", but the volume controls on the Versa (on-screen or physical buttons) don't have any effect.

EDIT: I see this is the Ionic forum - I guess there's still no fix for the Versa then?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this works! Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you make it work? Mine still max our volume on my ionic and AirPod pros

Best Answer
0 Votes

So did mine and it was so random nothing ever fixed it.I gave up and bought some running shorts so I could carry my phone to control the volume. Utterly stupid of Fitbit not to have sorted this years ago.

Shehram

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I did. I returned the Fitbit Ionic and bought the Apple Watch instead.
Sorry for being petty but I hope people don’t make the mistake of buying
Fitbit if they’re planning on using their AirPods.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also sold my Fitbit but went with a Garmin 645 music. Also works with my
AirPods when Fitbit wouldn’t
Best Answer
0 Votes

This sound fix still works for me.  I did not try it with using my iPad instead of MacBook, but, try either one.  MacBook worked for me to fix the AirPods and Fitbit.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hadn't been able to control the volume of my Airpods with my Ionic and read/tried everything - no joy.   I gave up about a month ago.  Today, I tried them again and W T F, my Ionic controls my Airpods volume just fine!   I just sat on a chat with Fitbit support for almost an hour for her to tell me:

Janine: But just to let you know, Fitbit device can't control the volume on Apple Airpods.

Me: never, ever?

Janine: Unfortunately, that is correct.

So, I don't know what the deal is but mine are working now.  I only bought the Airpods to use with my Ionic on my daily runs, and finally, after owning them both since Christmas, I have a use for these Airpods.  I hope others have found them to be working for them too, as I know MANY others had this same problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

For anyone still following the thread, volume control is now working for me using a Versa and Apple AirPods 2. I haven't tried my AirPods Pro yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried my Ionic with AirPods 3. It works when "Restore Music Control" is set to "On" from Bluetooth settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes