Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Draining Quickly on my Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic was reseted, after that , the battery is draining quickly, in 24 hous.

Same suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
205 REPLIES 205

My ionic battery drain extremely fast after I activate wallet using Fitbit Pay.

Best Answer

@wookietim I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your experience with us and the workaround that helped you out. I'm sure other users will find your post to be very helpful! Smiley Very Happy

@DaniFBk I hope you;re doing well! I'm glad to hear you got a replacement. Hopefully, that one will be working properly, specially the battery! Man Happy

@Thomasgan Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting this situation after installing Fitbit Pay. That is strange. How many days is it lasting? 

I'd recommend checking these tips to maximize the battery on Ionic. This should help you out. There are several factors that may be draining your battery. Usage of features and apps is the most common one.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

That happens to me also.  My battery normally lasts a long time, but anytime I use Fitbit pay it will drain crazy fast.  Even after the transaction is completed and synced my battery will continue to drain at an extremely high rate compared to normal.   

Best Answer

@SantiRwrote:

@wookietim I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your experience with us and the workaround that helped you out. I'm sure other users will find your post to be very helpful! Smiley Very Happy

@DaniFBk I hope you;re doing well! I'm glad to hear you got a replacement. Hopefully, that one will be working properly, specially the battery! Man Happy

@Thomasgan Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting this situation after installing Fitbit Pay. That is strange. How many days is it lasting? 

I'd recommend checking these tips to maximize the battery on Ionic. This should help you out. There are several factors that may be draining your battery. Usage of features and apps is the most common one.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Within few hours, the battery will drain from 90% to 0% and turn off my watch. I have experienced twice after I use Fitbit Pay to make transaction. This is scary and I don’t dare to use my ionic watch to make any transaction.

is there any way to proper turn off the Fitbit Pay after use?

Best Answer

My Fitbit ionic is draining the battery everyday 

I reset it about 2 weeks ago 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the 2.0 release my battery life dropped to 50% per day consistently.

I accidently left my ionic home yesterday on the charger.  I let it change last night as well and put in on early this morning.  Low an behold when I checked my battery life this afternoon I am still at 82%, even after a 30 minute GPS walk.

I'll see if the improvement holds after the next normal charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery life did improve after new firmware update.

Another problem I notice is the GPS is not stable. It will go to Connecting... during my run and affect the overall result.

Regards,
Thomas 

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is now doing the same thing.  I got my first Ionic in January.  Had to have it replaced in March- a process that took 6 weeks!  Now I am having this issue.  Ionic is great but truly not worth it.  Garmin all the way! I will be going back!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not really. My Ionic has battery draining problem when I activate Fitbit Pay only. But this issue has been fixed with the firmware update and I am happy with my Ionic now.

Regards,
Thomas

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@msjillian I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's battery life.

By any chance are you using Wi-Fi often? When Ionic is connected to Wi-Fi for a long period of time, the battery can drain very quickly. This usually happens when you are downloading a large music playlist or multiple apps at once.

Try using Wi-Fi only when downloading music, using apps that require Wi-Fi, or updating the firmware on your watch.

Also note that battery can drain even while the device is charging if connected to Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi should turn off automatically after 1-2 minutes of inactivity.

@Thomasgan I hope you're doing well! I'm really glad to read that the battery is now working properly after the update. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply.  No, no wi-fi even set up.  Absolutely nothing different at all from any other usage.  I don't get notifications to it and I don't use music, or any of the apps.  Nothing.  Today it lasted me 5 hours before needing to be charged.  Like I said, it is my second device in 6 months.  Unfortunately, just not worth the frustration. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@msjillian Thanks for your reply and for providing all of those details.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I got yours and theirs. Thank you.

Fitbit continues to make ridiculous requests for troubleshooting.  First, they are all things I have tried. Second, I have spent weeks upon weeks with two devices doing this. Third, they are now emailing me that their records don't match what I am saying.  Of course they don't.  Because they suck.

I have asked them to stop wasting my time.  If they have no plans of fixing my problem, then they should say so, and not waste my time back and forth.  With my previous device, it took 4 weeks of emails before they would agree to give me a new one- and it took three weeks to get the new one.  I am not doing that again.  I want them to stop wasting my time!!!  For a $300 device, this is abysmal and awful customer service.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I just logged a request for support for this battery issue too 😞 it has suddenly started draining super quickly, like 8-10 % battery lost in an hour without any activity or GPS use. I haven't changed anything about the way I'm using it and haven't changed or updated the firmware either so at a loss as to what could be causing it! I'm using Android, all Fitbit stock apps other than Hue and MySwimPro, Fitbit clock face, and was previously getting 4 days out of it even with GPS use. 

Have tried hard reset 3 x, but loath to try full factory reset as I presume it will want me to update to the latest version of the firmware when i reinstall it and the latest firmware has a very annoying bug in the Run app which is why I've avoided installing it. 

I hope it manages to survive my 11 mile run tonight - at 3.30 it was at 100% charge, now it's at 87% at 17.25 with no activity logged. Hate to think how it will cope when GPS is turned on. Really disappointed to be honest, I had really been a fan of the Ionic despite some initial issues with GPS accuracy but the battery life is an absolute must have for me and one of the reasons I bought the device in the first place....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@msjillian @weasellyone Thanks for your replies and for your feedback. Also, thanks for troubleshooting this with customer support. I understand it may take some time, but customer support need to gather as much information as they can to find the root of the issue and give the best solution possible. Please do continue to troubleshoot with them.

Please update me with any relevant information about the process with customer support. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Fitbit support had me do a battery drain test (basically charge to full and then discharge with a sync every few hours). They have confirmed there is a fault with my fitbit and are sending a replacement.

Current Ionic is still usable albeit annoying to have to charge twice a day - hopefully the replacement will arrive soon Robot Happy

Best Answer

After a bit of back and forth, I am getting a replacement.  The process is exhausting and frustrating, and I am dismayed at this being my third in 6 months, but I am happy with the outcome and it does go a long way in how I feel about their customer service!

Best Answer

Hi there, I totally agree with you 😤

i bought my first fitbit last year (charge 2) and after few months screen died. I get money back and because they advised me to buy better and super profesional fitbit I bought Surge which died after few months as well! Don't want to comment how 200usd plus “profesional watch” Surge was 😞 Anyhow I m from Slovenia but working in Vietnam so was imposible to exchange it fast and I ask my friends from USA to buy me new Ionic end of January. 

I was so happy with Ionic even that I paid 300usd one week before you resuce the price and even that I lose 200 for Surge... Everything was perfect till I install  last update few weeks ago and sudenly my bettery start draining from 100-0% in 3-4 hours (no gps, no music, no ...). I m so disapointed that ... What to do now? I can not bring it back to usa and I dont want to do daily runs without watch. So frustrated 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, my ionic's battery died in six months and support put me through a gauntlet of exhausting tests before finally refusing to replace the watch. Very frustrated and disappointed.

Best Answer

Can somebody help or advise me what to do !? Can I change my watch somewhere in Hanoi - Vietnam?

I made last check yestrday (again) and reset my watch to factory preset .... After that my watch died in 2 hours (before was 4 hours). Means something is really wrong 😞 Many tks for help 🙏

Best Answer
0 Votes