Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Draining Quickly on my Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic was reseted, after that , the battery is draining quickly, in 24 hous.

Same suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
205 REPLIES 205

Thanks for that, Yes I have created a ticket, as upon closer inspection of the watch I noticed water in the back of the watch where the sensors are. for a 50m waterproof watch that is 14 months old a swim in a 1.8m deep pool shouldn't be to much for it, but apparently it was.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply and updates @SunsetRunner, I'm sorry to see the device seems to have water damage, but it's good to know that you're already in contact with Customer Support. Let me know if you receive a response.   

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

They have offered to replace the watch which is good @DavideFitbit,

The thing I find odd though is I can have the option of same model replaced for free or 50% off a different model.

But I have the Ionic which in Australia is $399 AU which is the most expensive watch they sell. I have heard good things about the Versa and would have liked to have changed to the Versa Special which is $349 AU but I can't pick a cheaper watch to exchange it for only get 50% off the price.

To me that seems very odd, I would think they would offer a replacement of the same watch or the cost of that watch off another model, if you pick one that is cheaper then you lose the value difference, but you're get the model you want. This is what most companies do here in Australia.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing this information @SunsetRunner, and your feedback regarding the discount options being offered. 

As you mentioned, the Ionic is more expensive, but it's good to know they've also given you the option to get a replacement for the same product. Let me know what you decide with Customer Support. 

Best Answer

I have had my Ionic for almost 2 years. As with others, it all of a sudden will not keep a charge longer than 12-14 hours. I have tried all the suggestions that have been stated here. Still runs down way to quick!

Best Answer

Hello @Tpd01942, thank you for confirming that you already tried the steps suggested previously in the thread. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

I hope everything goes well, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this same problem. I let the battery die from 100% to 0% then plugged it in. After it reached about 9% battery, I pressed and held all 3 buttons while it was charging. I then restarted my phone and it has been fine. Will keep posted.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I have given up using my Ionic for golf. Game Golf drains the battery after 15 holes which was an improvement over the initial 9 holes when their software upgrade first occurred. Fitbit has not figured out a solution and neither had Game Golf, which is very disappointing. I use my Ionic only for working out, steps, HR, etc, which it does extremely well. They just failed as a golf watch. Onward.....,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the delay in my response @Diamondboss  and @Duggameister

Excellent @Diamondboss, thank you for the update, it's good to know the watch has been working properly. 

@Duggameister,  thank you for the details about what you've experienced with the battery draining too fast during Golf activity. Could you please confirm if you also tried any of the suggestions mentioned previously in this thread, or in this article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? Let me know if you experience the same behavior after following the steps in the article. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer

What difference does choosing a new clock face make? 

I noticed a huge battery issue after choosing a new clock face. After going back to a fitbit clock face, I am still having the battery issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NickS44 wrote:

What difference does choosing a new clock face make? 

It could refresh to often, polling some web requests (weather for example) too often, being particular intensive of CPU calculations hence wasting battery resources. Generally speaking Fitbit official ones are well coded but that does not mean many 3rd parties can't be as good, if not better, than official one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your inquiry @NickS44, just as  @Giampi71 was explaining, some clock faces from third party developers have caused some users to experience a notable battery drain. Changing the clock face option it's a suggestion that has been shared by other users in the forum who have experienced something similar. 

Before considering other options, if you continue to experience any problem with the battery draining too fast, please confirm if you've already tried all the steps mentioned here previously. 

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive just got the same problem. Ive had mine a couple of years, then two days ago, my battery started draining in front of my eyes. I hadn't done the update, and I haven't changed a single thing that would cause this to happen. Last night I charged to 100% before I went to bed, woke up 6 hours later to 28%! ive just contacted fitbit and have to get back to them after my battery dies again so they can test. I was told to turn off everything that could drain the battery but i'm not doing that because its pointless me having it if i can't use anything on it. I have reset, turned off, factory reset, everything I can think of and nothings working! Its such a waste of money really. I upgraded to this after having a blaze. Ive had to go back to that one which is way older. Also the blaze is MUCH more accurate and counting floors. My ionic counts floors when I'm not doing any, and doesn't count them when I am! 

Best Answer

I’m still having to reboot my Ionic about every two days.  It “unsyncs” with my phone and I’ll stop getting notifications.  Sometimes the time will be off by 1-3 minutes. This weekend it died on Saturday morning after charging Friday,  and since I didn’t have a charger with me I could only use it for a paperweight for the next two dahs.  Im so over it! I think I’m going to start looking for something else.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes me too, I'll go for a different brand next time if they don't do something about mine. Im currently doing the test they wanted me to do. I fully charged it and started wearing it at 1pm, its now 4pm and i'm on 70%! Its ridiculous! If I'd have known that i would pay £250 for a watch that was only going to last two years there's no way I would've parted with my cash!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm feeling the same way. All the factory reset options are not helping.
And turning off things like all day sync diminishes the functionality and
value of the watch. Barely getting 30 hours here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm 5 1/2 hours into my test and I've only got 44% left! I haven't even done anything today, Ive just been at home.

Update. 

After doing my test yesterday i spoke on live chat to see what happens next. They told me I qualify for a replacement! I was asked when and where i purchased it from, Although I couldn't remember when I got it, all I know was it was over 2 years ago, they said I qualified. I was sent an email with a link to choose 50% off a different model, or full replacement of my existing model. I sent that off and immediately got a reply to say that my order is being sorted now. Lets hope it really was as easy as that. I won't count my chickens until its here though. Have you spoken to anyone about yours? Give it a try!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi

I am reading your reply about wifi setting and I would be interested in implementing it. How does one turn off WiFi after it has been set up for initial install ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I have had my Ionic for 1 year. As with others, it all of a sudden will not keep a charge longer than 2 days . I have tried all the suggestions that have been stated here. Still runs down way to quick. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've now had two Ionic batteries fail on me after roughly 8 months both times. I purchased my original Ionic in March 2018, and the battery got to where it was only lasting 4-5 hours with no other use by November. I followed all instructions including doing a factory reset, and nothing worked. Thankfully, after several back and forths with support, Fitbit replaced it at no cost.

Unfortunately, early this month, almost 8 months later, the battery performance on my replacement Ionic again plummeted, and it only lasts 4-5 hours. I again followed all instructions but was told by support this time that since it was more than a year after my initial purchase, that Fitbit would not replace this one. It's very disappointing to me that Fitbit did not reset the warranty to the new replacement device, as this one also failed within 12 months. They gave me a 40% discount on my next product, but I don't see why I should trust buying a third one and hope that I'll have a different result especially with so many others posting similar problems here. Support told me there are no systemic battery problems with the Ionic, but I have my doubts after two nearly identical experiences.

Best Answer