Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t connect ionic to iPhone 7

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received the Ionic yesterday.

all went well, was able to pair the device and install an update (45min). After the update, I had another update option in the app, tried around 7 times and it always failed (something about WiFi firmware). Then the update option disappeared. Today I noticed that the device didn’t sync since then. Followed your instructions - forgot the device from the Bluetooth list and Fitbit app and then tried to pair again.NOW, always when I’m in  the part of “enter the number on your ionic device”, I get the number from the ionic, enter it, and this is it, it is stuck.

what I have tried:

1. Resetting the ionic (left + bottom right buttons)

2. Resetting my iphone

3. Tried the “add new device” process 10 times

4. Removed and reinstalled Fitbit app on the iPhone.

Im now pretty much stuck... please please assist!!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Found the solution, restoring the watch to factory settings (Settings->About->Factory Reset), lost some data but it is a price worth paying...

Fitbit, seriously, what is the deal? when should we expect the software to be mature?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I see you've said you've tried most of the usual steps but did you do then all at once, ie forget the Bluetooth in iPhone, and reset Ionic and switch off / back on iPhone after ensuring Ionic isn't showing as a device in the Fitbit app, then deleting / reinstalling fitbit app. Just want to make sure you're starting with a clean "clean slate".

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dan_x Also check to see if you have iOS updates pending. That could be causing the WiFi firmware error.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing, I have iOS 11.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Followed the steps in the order you wrote and nothing.... Stuck after entering the 4 digit code on the app with the message "connecting your fitbit".....

I truly don't know what I need to do, without syncing there is no point.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

In case you didn't try already. Did you remove the ionic from the Fitbit App? Under account, tap on ionic and at the bottom you should find the remove button.  Then you can restart the pairing again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MassiP That was the first think I did, since then I’m unable to pair anymore

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found the solution, restoring the watch to factory settings (Settings->About->Factory Reset), lost some data but it is a price worth paying...

Fitbit, seriously, what is the deal? when should we expect the software to be mature?

Best Answer

How long did the reset take?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for posting this.  Very annoying bug but the reset does work.

Best Answer
0 Votes